I've Seen the Eclipse Movie! (**SPOILERS!!!**)

Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

I've Seen the Eclipse Movie! (**SPOILERS!!!**)

Post by December »

Lucky enough to see the Eclipse movie early? You can discuss it here.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT SPOILERS SHOULD NOT BE POSTED ON ORDINARY THREADS IN HOLLYWOOD HIDEOUT BEFORE WEDNESDSAY

Edit: It is ok to post spoilers in the Hollywood Hideout now, but keep your discussion of Eclipse here for 2 weeks before posting in the other forums. Thank you.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
twiqueen
Settled in Forks

Re: I've Seen the Eclipse Movie (early)! (**SPOILERS!!!**)

Post by twiqueen »

I saw the movie last night on a radio station promotion and loved it! More Edward Bella kissing time and more Jacob Bella kissing time as well! The actual tent scene was not steamy at all. I had heard that they reshot it to tone it down and I guess they did. The very last scene in the book was done but it left out a big thing I thought. When Edward offers her out of the deal. He offers to give her what she wants without getting married first. That's how it is in the book and I loved that he realized how hard he was pushing Bella for something he wanted and she didn't. In the end of course she agrees to marry him first but in the movie he didn't offer her the out. I kept waiting for it all excited but it didn't happen. The rest of the scene was almost exact dialogue though and I loved it. I'm not much of a fight scene fan but this was really good. Esp when Jacob got hurt. It was really painful. Okay I have to run but if you want to know more ask a question. It is soooo worth it. Can't wait to see it again. Oh btw it's really funny!! Esp when Bella tells Charlie she's a virgin!
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

So lets see! I have been waiting for almost 6 months ever since Edward's parting words in New Moon quoting "Marry me Bella" and Twilight Saga: Eclipse does not disappoint me.Sure there are some scenes that was altered i.e Bella leaving with Jacob after Edward and Bella returns from Florida. That one was a major disappointment but I think we all know that scene already it's been plastered in every thread and forums that concerns Twilight. I would also love to see Bella and Alice's sleepover but it wasn't even included. The newborns scenes are awesome, I think it helped a lot that SM released the Bree Tanner novella prior to Eclipse. It helps us understands the newborns and it adds to the creepiness of them. The fight scene and the Jasper teaching the Cullen's how to fight the newborns are another awesome scenes in the movie. Since Eclipse the book is all in Bella's perspective it was very refreshing how the the film portrays the fight. Lots of action an may I just say that Alice rocks that scene. I think Jasper's description in the book about Alice being a "frightening little monster" was very accurate. The tent scene is one of my most awaited scene, I've always been Team Edward loyally but when Jacob says "I'm hotter than you", I got to give it to him nice one, the dog gets 1 point for that. :lol: Leah at the end, was a bit annoying. I now she's bitter and angry but she's down right annoying always interrupting that she almost had the newborn vampire than injured Jacob.

All in all two thumbs up for the Twilight Saga Eclipse. Now that it's over I can now start counting the days until Breaking Dawn...
Last edited by dazzel21 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
chewie1bernie
Settled in Forks

Post by chewie1bernie »

I just wanted to know if the conversation with Jacob and Bella at the end was the same. I can't wait to see if anyone responds who has seen the movie early.
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

I am on the theater's now waiting to see. Got awesome seats because we came to the triple feature. Got 6 hours to go lol

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
too old for edward
Settled in Forks

Post by too old for edward »

I also wanted to know about the Jacob and Bella scene at the end. It is the last conversation they really ever have in this series. What about crying all night over Jacob while Edward held her. Gosh i know this was not in the book but at the very end did her and Edward even say i love you. Oh and i have seen clips of her and Edward where she has on a yellow top and she has the ring on. Is that the closing scene. I don't mind spoilers. It will not stop me from seeing the movie. I mean everybody all ready know what happens. We wanted it like the book and that is what we got.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: I've Seen the Eclipse Movie! (**SPOILERS!!!**)

Post by marielle »

I loved it.....David Slade is my hero....

I wasn't agreeing with the first 30 minutes of the script...there were a few things I didn't like.

but the brought back the humor...

"No, Emmett I punched a werewolf in the face"
was so funny.......
and in other scenes I had tears running down from laughing...

I really really hated the Bella/Jacob kissing scene but not because it was a good scene..it was brilliant but I just don't like it....

I loved the tent scene...Edward looked so totaly hot, and Rob nailed it....

Jasper was the best...when he got emotional at the end of his story...WOW.....

I loved how rthe Cullens looked even Rosalie... on Esme was a bit off....

I go again this afternoon, so I have more things to write about....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

After watching the movie, I can honestly say that I do not buy Bryce as Victoria because I couldn't feel that connection with her.

There were quite a few laughs while watching the movie. The one that I found really funny was when Bella told Charlie flat out that she still held her v-card after saying that Edward was kind of old fashioned.

And the last bit Bella told Edward about having to tell Charlie left a smile on my face.

And almost every time I saw one of the wolves, I wanted to laugh because I had watched one of the vid's from when they were on Jimmy Kimmel and Rob said that the male wolves didn't have their, uh, man parts.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Just got home from the premier. I'm not sure how I really feel about it yet. I'm stlll processing and mulling it over. I'm seeing it two more times this week. I'll hold off judgement until then.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

RebeccaCullen wrote:After watching the movie, I can honestly say that I do not buy Bryce as Victoria because I couldn't feel that connection with her.

There were quite a few laughs while watching the movie. The one that I found really funny was when Bella told Charlie flat out that she still held her v-card after saying that Edward was kind of old fashioned.

And the last bit Bella told Edward about having to tell Charlie left a smile on my face.
I agree with you on all three points...

I really mist Rachelle as Victoria...Bryce looked to cute, not angry enough...

and oooh yes "the talk"..... it was so funny...I was so hoping that, that scene would make the cut....

well more comments after the second viewing...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house