Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Changed/Additional Scenes

Post by SwanCullen »

I wish they would have included the scene where Bella and Jake are at her house and he cuts himsself and she almost faints because of the blood.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Volterrian wrote:One of the changed scenes was of course the fight scene, the way it was talked about in the book anyway was there were two fights at first. The main force of newborns went at the Cullens in the field while a secondary group went around to out flank them and got ambushed by the wolves. I didn't mind it though because it showed some great scenes of the wolves and cullens helping each other.. although I seem to remember more Cullens helping the pups not get killed.

I wanted to see the sparring match between Edward and Jasper though, to show Edward is the second best fighter in the clan.

I wish they had the nose to fist touch between Seth and Edward, and why did Victoria light up like she was bathing in Gasoline? One lighter and she is in flames... then why did they need to tear up the floor boards in the Studio to burn James?
I agree with what you said here, and also I didn't like how they changed it to how Bella "helped". Yes, I know she cuts herself in the book, but I thought she did that because she thought Seth was in trouble because he was feigning a leg injury. In the movie, if Victoria and Riley had Edward like that, they would have ripped his head off before Bella could have done anything. I doubt they would have been that dramatic about it.
ImageImageImageImage
Volterrian
Wandering Through Town

Post by Volterrian »

Yeah they did it slowly so you could have Edward look over. But if you look at how fast pace the destruction was in the field noone is giving them any time for dramatic last looks.. they would have just ended him and went for Bella.

Also like how they gave both Edward and Carlisle's lines to Esme, but it fit well so not really gonna gripe on it.
R.I.P - Jacob Black [Died August 2nd, 2008](Page 360, Book 2, Breaking Dawn)
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Yea...I really didn't mind the lines thing...Wasn't too much of a change and Esme doesn't really get screen time...but the fight part kinda made me a little upset
ImageImageImageImage
Volterrian
Wandering Through Town

Post by Volterrian »

gamb1t wrote:Yea...I really didn't mind the lines thing...Wasn't too much of a change and Esme doesn't really get screen time...but the fight part kinda made me a little upset
I mean it was a great scene, it was suppose to upset fans, it was meant for that brief second to look like he might actually die (For the non book readers) and he was looking to her so she would be the last thing he saw. And of course she saved him (Again)

I really dislike Melissa Rosenberg for twice adding a fight, or in this case editing a fight to make Edward look stupid and add some unneeded drama to the scene... like Edward fighting Victoria and Bella worried for Seth wasn't drama enough.
R.I.P - Jacob Black [Died August 2nd, 2008](Page 360, Book 2, Breaking Dawn)
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

^^Agreed....To be honest, I wish they would find a new screenwriter for Breaking Dawn. I haven't liked Melissa from the beginning, and I think that the success of the films has been due to good directors (2 awesome directors, 1 good director). However, I know this isn't going to happen because it has already been done. Hopefully BC can do good things with the script.
ImageImageImageImage
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

I had a teeny bit of disappointment when in the graduation scene there was no hooting and hollering from Jacob and Billy in the back of the auditorium. It would only have taken three or four seconds of on-screen time.
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
MrOverseer
Settled in Forks

Post by MrOverseer »

I have a feeling the director is a Jacob fan. The first movie was ok, the fight between James and Edward was short, a little messy and badly done but at least it was an even match with Edward winning out in the end. But this script (Twilight) was finished and already in filming by the time BD came out, and for some reason I get the feeling like this director was hoping something would change and Bella would pick Jake at the end, changing her mind.

Because ever since then in both movies, she has been sure to give Edward a real beat down like he isn't good enough to protect Bella.

I totally forgot about the boys at the graduation scene, it would have been good as a lead up. I also wish they would have shown Jacob,, Quill, and Embry stopping Bella and Alice from leaving to find out what they where talking about, where Jasper comes down and Jacob pulls his arm back, in order to keep Jasper from ripping it off... It would have shown Animosity between the Cullens and Wolves on both sides, but also that they could keep their tempers in check and be... somewhat civil.
Team Alice - because Pixie Vampires ROCK!!!
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

MrOverSeer--There have been three different directors so far. It is Melissa Rosenberg, the screenwriter, who seems to be a team Jacob fan, but even then I don't see what that has to do with Edward losing fights.

But everyone's right. For crying out loud, Edward can READ MINDS. Apparently she missed that or something, but that's what helps him win pretty much every fight. That, and he's an experienced fighter to begin with. He should have been able to take Victoria down super easily. In the book, he walked away without a hair out of place. Seriously, these movies aren't bad--especially Eclipse, which was really good--but they would be SO MUCH BETTER if they had a good screenwriter who actually gets it and doesn't skim over the books and then does what she wants to do.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Hermowninny
Settled in Forks

Post by Hermowninny »

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet. I loved that they added to the scene in Florida where Bella's mom gives her the quilt she made. It was a really sweet touch and helped enforce the notion that Bella will be giving up so much by changing. It just felt like such human moment too, and I think the movie needs that.

I agree with others that Victoria and Riley having Edward in that headlock was a bad change. In the book, Edward and Seth are pretty much winning from the very start. The movie instead made them seem so weak. I liked them running around fighting at the start of the fight, that was all well done. But the struggle that leads Bella to cut herself should have been more like the book. They could have sped up the fights, making it hard for her human eyes to tell what was going on. The camera could shift back and forth between them, show her panic and confusion, THEN grab the rock.