Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Changed/Additional Scenes

Post by December »

Tell us what you thought about any scenes that were added or changed from the book.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Changed/Additional Scenes

Post by marielle »

they changed the scene when Bella leaves school on the back of Jacob's bike...
this time it was in front of Edward after having discussed why they went to Jacksonville...
I really didn't like that scene because the Bella in the book would never do that...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Did the charm bracelet make it to the movie?? Oh...and did they put in the request for the Denali clan to help??
For me these are not spoilers, because I already know what happens or is supposed to happen...but I have to wait until the weekend to see the movie :cry:
I know that they didn't put some of my favorites in but I just have to know if those two key things made it...Please?? Send me a message if you don't want to post...
Grayce
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

The charm bracelet definately made it. There was zero mention of the Denali clan.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

marielle wrote:they changed the scene when Bella leaves school on the back of Jacob's bike...
this time it was in front of Edward after having discussed why they went to Jacksonville...
I really didn't like that scene because the Bella in the book would never do that...
Agreed. I can't wait to hear what SM's opinion of that change is. (It was asked when the fan sites got to talk w/her but they can't publish it for a while. I'm not sure when now that the movies out. Well at least here & in some countries.)

I was surprised that most of the combined scenes worked really well. (proposal, fight training are the two I can think of. At least it seemed like they kind of were w/some of the lines. It's been a while since I read the book so I could be wrong.)

I liked that the wolf legends was kind of shorter. In the book it's longer & honestly I find it kind of boring. (So I guess that's kind of changed.)

The Denali clan will have to make it into BD. They'll just have to find a way to introduce them.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I liked that they shortened the legends chapter because I found that part of the book really boring and always skip over it when I actually reread the book.

I absolutely hated the scene where Bella walks over to Jacob after Jacksonville and goes to the rez with him.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I was very glad they shortened the legends chapter too.

I just wasn't happy at all with Edward getting mad at Jacob for kissing/hurting Bella. I've mentioned it at some other threads too... I just didn't feel it was right, compared to the book.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Brienna wrote:I was very glad they shortened the legends chapter too.

I just wasn't happy at all with Edward getting mad at Jacob for kissing/hurting Bella. I've mentioned it at some other threads too... I just didn't feel it was right, compared to the book.
Brienna~ I was torn about this, as wel. But, in the end, I thought it played out well. In the books, Edward's control is amazing. He's being very patient and, in my opinion, trying to show her the difference between him and Jacob. Plus, his quiet fury is much more threatening. I think I would feel differently if Edward's outburst had made it appear that he was reacting in a posessive way. But, Rob's portrayal of that scene made it really clear that he was much more defending Bella when he knew she could not defend herself. He was angry for Bella, not at Jacob. And, I think that subtle difference made it work.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Volterrian
Wandering Through Town

Post by Volterrian »

One of the changed scenes was of course the fight scene, the way it was talked about in the book anyway was there were two fights at first. The main force of newborns went at the Cullens in the field while a secondary group went around to out flank them and got ambushed by the wolves. I didn't mind it though because it showed some great scenes of the wolves and cullens helping each other.. although I seem to remember more Cullens helping the pups not get killed.

I wanted to see the sparring match between Edward and Jasper though, to show Edward is the second best fighter in the clan.

I wish they had the nose to fist touch between Seth and Edward, and why did Victoria light up like she was bathing in Gasoline? One lighter and she is in flames... then why did they need to tear up the floor boards in the Studio to burn James?
R.I.P - Jacob Black [Died August 2nd, 2008](Page 360, Book 2, Breaking Dawn)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Volterrian~ I think it is said in Breaking Dawn that the venom is what fuels the fire and also makes the flame purple (something small missing). The amount of venom makes the carcass very flamable. Pulling the floorboards in Twilight, I thought, was because they were burning the whole studio down to cover their tracks.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]