For those who haven't seen the movie yet...NO SPOILERS!!!

Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

For those who haven't seen the movie yet...NO SPOILERS!!!

Post by December »

Since some of our international members may have to wait to see the movie, they need a place where they can still discuss the UPCOMING movie. This thread is for anyone that has not seen the movie yet and still wants to discuss it without getting spoiled. That means....

NO SPOILERS ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD

Spoiler posts will be deleted or edited by a mod without warning.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: For those who haven't seen the movie yet...NO SPOILERS!!

Post by AyaDiefair »

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I know not to keep my hopes high on it. Reason being is; look at the other 2 movies, imho they were poorly put together and rushed through. The way I see it, for things like Twilight, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings etc. with multiple books about the same storyline being turned into movies should keep the same director like they did with Lord of the Rings. To me, it keeps the storyline the same because it is one and only one persons perspective on how the book should be worked into a movie and how they are going to flow together with the other movies. Swapping directors each times throws that balance off. Same with the script writers, each person has their own perspective on how things should work, what the characters should look like, layouts, etc etc. That is my honest opinion. Lord of the Rings was a huge hit when they came out because of the hard core dedicated fans. Twilight has that hard core dedicated fan base, so why not take the time and put a little more effort into the making of the movies and sign on one director? They are obviously going to make the $$ no matter.

~On a side note: I know why they are rushed, it is because of the actors aging and what not, having to look the same because appearing to be 17 for a course of 4 years is hard (we all should know) with weight gain/loss and just physical age appearance, etc. But they could've still stretched the timeline a little more, Rob still looks fresh out of high school to me, I still look like I should be in high school and I've been out for a couple years, does that make any sense?

Anyway, a small example of what I was talking about in the first paragraph: Look at Victoria, in the first movie her hair was orangy and curled and rested just past her shoulders (bleh gross looking imo), in New Moon, to me it looked more red and wavey then curly and it was longer too. I liked this look better then the first one, but things like that irk me (I am also over observant sometimes and get nit picky), and from the previews of Eclipse, they change her hair again. Esme hair is also different, and Alices' is to throughout the series. Vampires hair don't grow, and I would assume dying it would remain permanent due to the fact their hair doesn't fall out either. If the same director was throughout these movies, those changes wouldn't be happening, therefore making it a better series throughout. It is like having a different author for each book...it would throw off the structure of the story because every author writes things their own way. Of course I don't know why there are different directors for each movie, probably personal reasons or other movies or whatever, but look at Peter Jackson (LotR director for all 3 movies) he knew he wanted to do all 3 and signed up for them all, he did a great job and I promise he got a huge payout from it too. Why didn't the first director do this? I'm sure he had the option to do so, and he would've had the beneficial payout in the end as well, and a lot more praise then he has now.

This is all just in my honest opinion though. I am a way bigger fan of the books then the movies by a long shot, but I also like Lord of the Rings, where I equal in favoritism with the books and movies.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Im seeing the movie tomorrow night at a UK preview - 00.01 Sat morning! Watching the other 2 films before it also at the cinema which will make it easy to compare them. I just hope they catch the love triangle really well and keep the wolves big. I liked the wolves in NM so hopefully they havnt changed. Its annoying that Victoria has changed but I hope the new actress plays her just as well.

As long as the film is portrayed and played similar to NM and not Twilight then I think I will be happy.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
BabyEsme2203
Learning to Love Green

Post by BabyEsme2203 »

i havent seen it yet either :) but im going to see it with my GF on the 4th August
I will be happy so long as they dont change any major plot lines :)
Image Image
TeamBellaAllTheWay
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamBellaAllTheWay »

I love Twilight but I sort of wish they hadn't made the movies sometimes. It's become a sort of culture for little teenage girls (no offence anyone) and whether Edward or Jacob is fitter is really not the point ;)
Having said that, i can't wait to see eclipse on friday :-)
it's great that SM let the cast and crew members read parts of Bree Tanner, it'll really help with the whole vampire army thing, and allow some of their personalities to show through maybe. I think it'll appeal more to boys too, with all the fighting scenes and all. At some points Twilight (the book) became a bit too repetitive, a bit too obsessive, and New Moon became a bit too depressive. Bella just became too self indulgent. But in Eclipse, the balance is perfect. There's great potential for the movie. :D
Maybe they'll make TSSLBT into a movie too, one day? (I know I'm a hypocrit :D )