The Love Triangle - did the movie make you feel differently?

Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ArtyLinz
Settled in Forks

Re: The Love Triangle - did the movie make you feel differen

Post by ArtyLinz »

I would have to say no... my feelings towards the three main characters began with the books and were cemented by the film. Throughout both, Edward was the one that handled the whole thing with the most maturity and dignity, which is of course to be expected from his advanced years!

I felt sorry for Jacob throughout, though mildy irritated, I could see where he was coming from - right up until the part where he basically threatens to kill himself to get a reaction from her, that she gives him out of desperation and panic rather than sincerity. It was emotional blackmail bordering on manipulation and it made me cringe in both the book and the film.

I felt more for poor Edward and Bella than Jacob in Eclipse.
"It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share".

~ Alice Cullen, Twilight Ch. 16
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Definitely not. I am so firmly planted in my opinions & feelings of Edward & Jacob from the books that nothing could change how I feel. The only thing was Jacob was tolerable in the movie where as in the book I can't stand him. He, to quote Bella, has his moments where he bugs the hell out of me. Even though I do dislike some of the changes they made from book to movie that almost makes it look like Edward is the bad guy & would make some people who have not read the books wonder why Bella "chooses" him over Jacob. (I don't see it as a choice. I like the way Bella words it in the book that she didn't really choose Edward. It's more like Sam & Emily. I wish this was explained/expanded on more in the movie.)

ArtyLinz: I totally agree w/you on the Jacob manipulating Bella to kiss him thing. It makes me cringe in the book & movie. When I watch the movie I close my eyes & when I'm reading the book I skip over it.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
ArtyLinz
Settled in Forks

Post by ArtyLinz »

Me too, I skip past most of his parts in the movie, when I watch New Moon, I scene skip until the part where Alice comes back for Bella after her vision, and then watch it from there over and over! :lol:
"It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share".

~ Alice Cullen, Twilight Ch. 16