Favorite Scene in Eclipse (SPOILERS)

Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
tufano79
Settled in Forks

Re: Favorite Scene in Eclipse (SPOILERS)

Post by tufano79 »

The proposal scene was perfect! It gave a glimpse into what was going through Edward's mind.

Also, the final scene in the meadow before they tell Charlie..."It's a good thing you're bulletproof..."

Hugs, Josie
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

MiVidaLoca wrote:
pennybug84 wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:The entire proposal scene. From the moment Edward opens the door..."Why aren't you inside?"... it's just beyond perfect. Rob absolutely brought 1918-Edward to life in a way that was profound, beautiful and believeable. And Kristen as Bella throughout the whole thing... Just loveliness all around.
The proposal was awesome. But I didn't really get why they had Edward say "Why aren't you inside?" It looked to me like she just arrived there. Give her a minute man! She doens't have vampire speed. And then he asked if something was wrong? I was kind of confused at that.

I didn't like that part either, 1), in the book he carries her over the alter. 2) Victoria is out there and an army to kill bella, he wouldn't just let her stroll up to his house alone.
Reason 2: I didn't even think of that! Duh! Idiot here. You are so right.

I wonder if they reason they had him say Why aren't you inside? & Is something wrong? was to try to convey how in the book we know Bella is very nervous. Maybe Kristen was supposed to loook nervous & be taking her time to show this & it just didn't come across that way?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

So, I'm on my 17th viewing. Each time, for me, there's more to love. I still have those moments where I want to hurl stuff at the screen. But, overall, my satisfaction and love of this film has only grown.

The reason why, other than the fact that I love it, I see a movie so many times is to be able to truly see every scene. Especially this movie, there is soooo much going on in each scene, so much context and "little things" that complete the scene. It is this reason why I have a new favorite scene to add to my list. The final confrontation with the Volturi. Watch Rob. Overall, the entire cast is fantastic in this scene, bringing each nuance of their characters truly to the screen. But, it is this (amongst soooo many others) moment where you so truly see how deeply Rob embodies Edward. Watch his body language and facial expressions, particularly when he is not speaking. His body is planted firmly between Bella and any threat, even adjusting when Felix starts to move through them, angling forward and wrapping his arm around her to move between them. The look on his face when Carlisle says "if the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria, they would have stopped her." For those who have read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner, you see him nod at the moment when, in the novel, we find out she is communicating directly with him. Such dedication to his character(along with his own inhuman beauty) is what makes Rob such the perfect embodiment of Edward Cullen.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I agree, though I have only seen it once...
I think Rob showed his capabilities in Twilight with the kiss. The little grimace he made after the first kiss showed that he was well into character. Thinking how difficult/painful it should be for him to kiss her even though he desired her, that's the very least reaction I would expect.
I can't wait to have all the DVD's lined up on my shelf and be able to watch them over and over... ;)
Grayce
ArtyLinz
Settled in Forks

Post by ArtyLinz »

The fight was my favourite, it was so beautifully choreographed, and exactly as I imagined it. Also loved the bit when Jasper is training them all to fight the newborns, and especially the bit where Alice gets the drop on him! Those two are my favourite characters 8-)
"It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share".

~ Alice Cullen, Twilight Ch. 16
Little_Fury
Settled in Forks

Post by Little_Fury »

Hmm... my favorite?! Oh dear....

okay... the obvious scene... when Edward does his speech about "courting" Bella and asking her to marry him, when she gives him the answer, and the very best part is the smile Edward/Rob gives.

I like this scene because in my eyes this scene was the most believe, as far as acting goes. The acting isn't horrible, but it's not the best... however, I don't think I'd choose anyone else to play those parts. It's just sometimes I don't feel the realness, it sometimes seems too over-acted. But this scene... this scene was the best... I could see, feel and relate to his smile and his just pure excitement and joy Edward felt when Bella said "Yes."

I also agree with one of the first posts I read. The black contacts were a nice touch.
ArtyLinz
Settled in Forks

Post by ArtyLinz »

Definitely! I think I almost likes the proposal scene in the film more than the book, because in the film they are not able to make as much of her reservations as in the book, where you still get the impression she doesn't want to say yes, right up until she does!
"It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share".

~ Alice Cullen, Twilight Ch. 16