Favorite Scene in Eclipse (SPOILERS)

Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Favorite Scene in Eclipse (SPOILERS)

Post by fanMNM »

I loved Bella and Charlie's talk :)

I loved the engagement scene (Team Edward, so how couldn't I like that scene?? :D )

And I loved Jasper's backstory! Rose's was good, too, but I thought they really showed a side of Jasper that hadn't been seen in the films at all!!

Thank you Naureen!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

The entire proposal scene. From the moment Edward opens the door..."Why aren't you inside?"... it's just beyond perfect. Rob absolutely brought 1918-Edward to life in a way that was profound, beautiful and believeable. And Kristen as Bella throughout the whole thing... Just loveliness all around.

Jasper's backstory, particularly his discussion of how his gift was so much of a curse and how it all turned around with Alice. Jackson completely nailed it.

Jessica's graduation speech and all the reactions to it.

Two words; tent scene. Every piece of it was perfect. From Edward's warning to Jacob at the beginning all the way through to Jacob's statement that he could never agree with Edward... Taylor was good. Rob shined. His subtle emotion and openness as Edward makes the entire scene.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Jazz Girl wrote:The entire proposal scene. From the moment Edward opens the door..."Why aren't you inside?"... it's just beyond perfect. Rob absolutely brought 1918-Edward to life in a way that was profound, beautiful and believeable. And Kristen as Bella throughout the whole thing... Just loveliness all around.
The proposal was awesome. But I didn't really get why they had Edward say "Why aren't you inside?" It looked to me like she just arrived there. Give her a minute man! She doens't have vampire speed. And then he asked if something was wrong? I was kind of confused at that.

I loved the first meadow scene. I loved Edward smelling Bella (I was glad they included that in a few scenes.) To the marriage discussion & trying to distract Bella. It was just awesome.

Rosalie's & Jasper's backstories were both awesome. I particularly loved Rosalie showing up in the wedding dress! So awesome.

And then "the talk" with Charlie & Bella. It was awesome & like usual Billy/Charlie was terrific in every scene.

I just realized I use awesome a lot. Well they were!!

I think that's prety much my list of very favorite scenes. Can't wait to see it again though!! It's hard to take it all in after just once time.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
LestatFan17
Settled in Forks

Post by LestatFan17 »

When Rosalie showed up in that wedding dress I was thinking "YES! How awesome is this!"
The training for the newborns scene was also amazingly cool, especially with Alice near the end.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

LestatFan17 wrote:When Rosalie showed up in that wedding dress I was thinking "YES! How awesome is this!"
The training for the newborns scene was also amazingly cool, especially with Alice near the end.

Yes, I really liked the scene with Jasper and Alice practicing in the field. I felt like I was seeign what I had imagined when I read it in the book (except it was night in the book...LOL) I thought Ashley Greene and Jackson Rathbone had real chemistry in this film!

Thank you Naureen!!
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

Scenes I lIked
1. The tent scene was just about perfect. In my opinion I think Rob has NEVER done a scene that well in this series.
2. The proposal scene, I like how the "In my world I was THAT boy" thing into his proposal, it was so perfect.
3. The scene where the Volturi are watching the newborns from the roof. Jane seemed truly intimidating there.

My favorite scene:
The fight scene, from the minute Jasper steps forward and starts talking to his kiss with Alice afterwards. First of all because Jasper is my absolute favorite character, but also because this is really the only time Jackson has had a chance to shine. In the other movies we see a glance of Jasper here and there, not much (except in the baseball scene, but it still wasn't much). Seeing Jasper's confident, leader side is AWESOME, but we also see his sweet, playful, loving side with Alice. I loved it.. :D
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
tufano79
Settled in Forks

Post by tufano79 »

Like many others, my favorite scene was the proposal scene. I really liked how they bridged the gap between the generations (courting, stealing a kiss and the proposal). I also enjoyed the final scene...bulletproof, that's all I'm going to say :)

Hugs, Josie
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

My favorite of all is probably Jasper's backstory--his interplay with Bella, the flashbacks with Catalina Sandino Moreno as Maria, and the little intimate moment with Alice at the end. I agree with those who have noted Ashley and Jackson's chemistry--hopefully, some director will notice that and decide to get them back together onscreen. :)
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Many a folk are putting down the final meadow scene, particularly Bella's explanation to Edward about why she's following the path she's on. But, I find that scene growing on me more and more everytim I see it. It makes so much sense to me because there's so much I see there. Now, granted, it could be a matter that I find myself able to fill in certain things from my own perspective. But, to me, it's exactly what Bella needed to do for Edward.

Getting up & walking away from him~ Bella's always been so easily dazzled by Edward and not able to think clearly. She needed distance to be able to explain to him. It's actually very close to what she finally catches on and starts doing in the novels.

His world vs Her world~ One of Edward's greatest fears is taking Bella away from the mortal life she was meant to live... (see Twilight prom scene; "Edward, I'm dying. Every day I get closer." "That's how it's supposed to be.") What she's trying to get him to see is that its not how it's supposed to be FOR HER. She has never fit in in her world because she was always meant for him, to be in his world.

It's not just about me... When Bella says, "No. Sorry.", she's telling him, "It's about US." That's always been one of Edward's biggest issues in his relationship with Bella. He sees her giving evrything up for him, because of him. Wht he never truly sees is that she's choosing herself over everyone else because being with him is what she wants most. But, by simply saying, "no", she's forgoing the argument and letting him off the hook.

Every time I see it, it moves me a little more. It is truly Bella moving from pawn to queen.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Jazz Girl wrote:Many a folk are putting down the final meadow scene, particularly Bella's explanation to Edward about why she's following the path she's on. But, I find that scene growing on me more and more everytim I see it. It makes so much sense to me because there's so much I see there. Now, granted, it could be a matter that I find myself able to fill in certain things from my own perspective. But, to me, it's exactly what Bella needed to do for Edward.

Getting up & walking away from him~ Bella's always been so easily dazzled by Edward and not able to think clearly. She needed distance to be able to explain to him. It's actually very close to what she finally catches on and starts doing in the novels.

His world vs Her world~ One of Edward's greatest fears is taking Bella away from the mortal life she was meant to live... (see Twilight prom scene; "Edward, I'm dying. Every day I get closer." "That's how it's supposed to be.") What she's trying to get him to see is that its not how it's supposed to be FOR HER. She has never fit in in her world because she was always meant for him, to be in his world.

It's not just about me... When Bella says, "No. Sorry.", she's telling him, "It's about US." That's always been one of Edward's biggest issues in his relationship with Bella. He sees her giving evrything up for him, because of him. Wht he never truly sees is that she's choosing herself over everyone else because being with him is what she wants most. But, by simply saying, "no", she's forgoing the argument and letting him off the hook.

Every time I see it, it moves me a little more. It is truly Bella moving from pawn to queen.
I have to say that I was not a huge fan of this scene. I felt like Bella was saying she thought she was meant to be a vampire more than she was saying she was meant to be with Edward. It didn't sit well with me. But I really liked your explanation and seeing it the way you describe it makes it much more comfortable for me. I still think the dialogue could have been better so that there was no confusion about what Bella's point was here...but your explanation definitely makes sense and thanks for sharing it! I'll watch that scene with a more open mind next time I see it.

Thank you Naureen!!