Scenes that didn't work for me in Eclipse (SPOILERS)

Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LtlMermaid4
Settled in Forks

Re: Scenes that didn't work for me in Eclipse (SPOILERS)

Post by LtlMermaid4 »

Now that the DVD is out, some of the scenes mentioned here make more sense after seeing the extended/deleted section. It's unfortunate they couldn't keep Bella's speech in after the "Switzerland" line and Edward's speech after the Jacob/Bella kiss (Jacob stitched you up...). I thought both played better and showed more depth in the extended version.

No question about "Angry Bella". She wouldn't have left Edward either time. Same with "Angry Edward". I like my Edward all mature and stuff... ;)

Bella's speech in the meadow at the end felt totally wrong to me. As noted here in previous posts, this decision is ALL about Edward. She wants to become immortal to stay with him forever, to become a part of his family, to be his equal. I could never believe Bella would say "it's not just about you". Everything is always about Edward. Maybe if I was able to differentiate between movie & book Bella, but to me, it's the same character, lived out in two different mediums. (I won't lie, I had a big grin on my face when KS talks about this on the DVD commentary :D )

The one scene that truly bothers me is when Riley is at Charlie's doing recon, just as he is sniffing a sleeping Charlie, cut to Bella walking in with horror-themed music building (like Riley was still there), then Charlie walks out. It felt like a contrived horror flick-trick that may have fooled the audience members who have not read the books. For those of us who know the books, there is no way you can build up tension where it absolutely cannot exist.

Thanks for letting me vent!!
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Scenes that didn't work for me in Eclipse (SPOILERS)

Post by GrayceM »

I've found another one that has been irritating me but couldn't figure out why...
The scene where all the Cullens are in the woods waiting on Victoria, and don't get me wrong, it's a great scene/chase, but why did they all make it seem like they couldn't sense/smell Victoria if she was that close? Seemed like they would be standing in the spot Alice chose and then use some of their own vampire abilities instead of waiting on Alice to tell them, "She's almost here."
Maybe I'm being a little picky about it...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce