Scenes that didn't work for me in Eclipse (SPOILERS)

Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Scenes that didn't work for me in Eclipse (SPOILERS)

Post by pennybug84 »

The girlie-wolf wrote: Didn't like the flashbacks... they sucked (Jasper's was better than the others though....and Rose's was better than the Quiloute one)...
Really? I loved the backstories. It was great to get their stories & to see more of the Cullens. (Except for the fact that they left out Jasper's "I felt hope" line. I was hoping they would show Jasper in the place, can't remember exactly what it was, when Alice finds him.)

I agree w/most of what's already been said here so I don't really have anything else to say/add.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I'm thinking really, really hard, but can't remember it... What did she say? What happened?
Probably when you tell me, I'll go like: "off course, I knew that!":lol:
vegasirish
Settled in Forks

Post by vegasirish »

RebeccaCullen wrote:
Jazz Girl wrote:
2) In camp, prior to the Jacob/Bella kiss, when Bella yells at Edward and goes to Jacob. Again, same idea. In the novel, yes, she was angry and upset, but it was Edward who went after Jacob and brought him back, demonstrating his willingness to do anything and everything to protect and make Bella happy.
When Bella spoke to Edward before going after Jacob a not-so-nice word slipped out of my mouth in regards to Bella, tbh.
I can definitely understand a "not-so-nice" word coming out after this scene. I really hate the fact that MR keeps letting her "feminist" tendencies into the script; I put "feminist" in quotes because I thought the whole concept was about having a choice and yet MR doesn't seem to like or respect Bella's choice to be with Edward. She seems to have a real problem showing scenes in which either Bella or Edward puts the other first. Even Edward leaving in New Moon for Bella's sake was badly handled by his apology at the end. I really missed having Edward go get Jacob and then bring him back with the comment "I know you don't want an audience, no matter which way you decide to go." He really fears losing her and yet HE BRINGS JAKE TO HER! And they didn't even show Bella looking torn up and guilty about kissing Jake, and Edward being so understanding. I know we can't have everything in a movie, but throughout this whole show it felt like every important scene just needed a couple extra seconds, a line or two, to make it complete.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

^^ I do like it that in the movie Bella is different from the Bella in the book... that she stands her ground a bit more...
but I think in this movie it was a bit overboard...I mean there is no way the Bella character would yell at Edward or would run away on a bike with Jacob in front of Edward...

she loves him to much...

What I was thinking that did really work for me was the story behind why Bellafelt the need to cut herself during the fight between Victoria and Edward...
There is only one small bit in which they show Bella's will to help with the fight and you have only a small part about the third wife..but there is no Alice telling her not to do it, there is no mentioning of it in the tent scene...
I really missed the build up to that...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Nikki--
Settled in Forks

Post by Nikki-- »

The scene that didn't really work for me was the very last one, with Bella and Edward in the meadow. It was just a bit too corny for me. I have no problem with romance scenes, but this went a little overboard.

I saw the clip where Bella gets on Jacob's motorcycle before the movie came out and hated it, but after seeing it in the context of the entire movie, I don't think it's that bad. It's still OOC for Bella, but not completely wrong.
tufano79
Settled in Forks

Post by tufano79 »

I always thought Bella was a bit more "girly." The way they are having Kristen Stewart play Bella is more...I'm not sure of the word...perhaps "butch"... doesn't fit with the way I pictured her in my mind when I was reading the books. Anyhow, the leaving on the bike scene didn't sit right with me as well.

Also, I was really hoping that they would have put the "space heater" line and references to the St. Barnard in the tent scene.

Hugs, Josie
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Finally realized what it was about the engagement ring that bothered me. He asks her why she's not wearing it and then she tells him at the end that she's going to need it and he has it with him...OOPS
Grayce
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Good catch!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

GrayceM wrote:Finally realized what it was about the engagement ring that bothered me. He asks her why she's not wearing it and then she tells him at the end that she's going to need it and he has it with him...OOPS
I honestly find myself way to easily filling in the holes, sometimes. I guess it's just my nature of trying to make things matchup. I kind of figured that she (obviously) left it at the Cullen's house and he found it. Thus, when they are in the meadow and she asks him for it back, just as she does in the book, he had it with him.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

True, I find myself doing that too but something just kept feeling off and I couldn't put my finger on it. When he asked why she wasn't wearing it, I thought, because she doesn't have it...I saw the movie Saturday and took me until today to figure out why that didn't exactly flow. I realize that is what happens when you combine scenes but it's the proposal scene...
Though I really liked it, I still think they left out too much. I've said before, they could have added another 15 or even 30 min to each movie and made it better. Just my opinion though...
Grayce