Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Missing lines and where you would put them

Post by GrayceM »

Most definitely missing the "eclipse" line. But then there was nothing on the "new moon" meaning either...I assume that the "cover" shot with the apple took the place of mentioning the real meaning behind Twilight's title meaning... :?
I miss a lot of Alice lines...they almost don't show her friendship with Bella at all.
I've only seen the movie once :oops: , but if I recall, there was nothing about what Alice was thinking during graduation to keep him from knowing that Bella figured it all out. Unless I'm mistaken, she was translating the Battle Hymn of the Republic into Arabic and then Korean sign language. This would have been one of those little details that not only shows their age and intelligence, but also that they have diverse interests. In my opinion, little lines like this would have added a little more depth to the characters.

One of my favorite lines out of the whole book other than Edward asking Bella if she stabbed Jacod, was in the tent scene. I think that Rob and Taylor did an excellent job of recreating the mood for that scene and portraying the characters altogether. But I really wish they had added the line to Bella in the morning, when she asks Edward for "some help?" and he smiles and asks, "Did you want me to take his arms all the way off?"
Don't get me wrong, I like Jacob's character, but this was just so classicly Edward's passive aggressive side. I laughed out loud when I read that and I really missed that part of Edward's character in the movie.
Grayce
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

I can’t remember if this made it in or not, I only saw the movie once, but I don’t think they included the banter between Bella and Jacob where Jacob points out the eagle catching the fish. He tells her you don’t see the fish trying to kiss the eagle, and then Bella says:

“It's hard to tell what a fish is thinking. Eagles are good-looking birds, you know.”
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

corona wrote:I can’t remember if this made it in or not, I only saw the movie once, but I don’t think they included the banter between Bella and Jacob where Jacob points out the eagle catching the fish. He tells her you don’t see the fish trying to kiss the eagle, and then Bella says:

“It's hard to tell what a fish is thinking. Eagles are good-looking birds, you know.”
Corona~ No, they didn't and it pissed me off something fierce. Not necessarily for the banter. But for the missing explanation of Bella's love for Edward. THAT was such a key moment. Bella lays it all on the line, puts it all out there for Jacob. And, just as telling, he completely dismisses it... AGAIN! As for where to put it, very simple. Put it where it belongs, just before she punches the dog in the face for assaulting her.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Jazz Girl~ I think it must have been you that slipped the brass knuckles into Bella's coat after that incident. Good job!
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

corona wrote:Jazz Girl~ I think it must have been you that slipped the brass knuckles into Bella's coat after that incident. Good job!
Maybe not the brass knuckles. Edward would never condone such an action. Too much risk to Bella's precious hands, you know. But, I'm the one standing behind the two of them with a crowbar, ready to hand it to her at her asking. Heck, I might just take a swing at him without the ask.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

More than any individual lines, I also really miss the relationship developing between Alice and Bella.

THe "don't you love me Bella...then why do I see you running off to Vegas" exchange I loved in the book. I think that Slade/Rosenberg made it seem like the only reason Bella didn't want to get married was because it was old fashioned and that she finally agreed just because. They missed out Charlie saying that he felt he was going to lose her soon and that's so important to Bella's maturation, she's putting other people in front of herself.

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

I missed the line when Edward drives Bella to La Push before the whole tribe legends scene and Bella says:
"This reminds me of when I was a kid and Renee would pass me off to Charlie for the summer. I feel like a seven-year-old." It's not really important for the story, but I thought it was funny and it stuck with me after reading the book. It's also a nice metaphor for how awkward the whole arrangement is for all three of them. And besides, why can both Edward and Jacob have some witty/funny lines, but Bella can't ?
vegasirish wrote:I guess this isn't a line so much as a little scene, but the missing wedding invitation at the end bothered me. I've been thinking about it and I think the invitation could have been left out but the feeling of loss that sends Jake off on his own could have been handled by tacking on a couple of seconds at the very end
elizabella wrote:THe "don't you love me Bella...then why do I see you running off to Vegas" exchange I loved in the book.
I missed the invitation and Jake running away as well. It always makes me cry when I read it. And that scene with Alice is one of my favorite moments from the book. But I am secretly hoping that they just didn't want to get into to much detail about the wedding in Eclipse and that those two scenes will be in BD.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

I really missed Alice in the movie. She felt like a pretty big presence in the book, especially her friendship with Bella after New Moon, and it felt like a lot of that was lost in showing off the newborn army. I get why they did it, but the Alice part of Jasper's back story, especially the "frightening little monster" and "I felt hope" lines would have made the movie for me. They were my favourite part of the book.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I felt that way to about Emmett, and Alice as well. Emmet barely had any lines throughout the movies.
Banner by TammyAZ
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

The movies were a little lacking for missing Emmett. Kellan Lutz really made the most out of the small parts he got, though.