Discussion of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Goofs--Mistakes found in Eclipse

Post by bac »

This is not a place to rant about things you didn't like in Eclipse. This is a thread to discuss editing, continuity, or other movie making errors you noticed in the movie.
by Laniyeah on photobucket
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: Goofs--Mistakes found in Eclipse

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I noticed a couple times where it looked like Robert was standing in sunlight, and not sparkling. The two points I can remember off the top of my head are on the mountain top with everything else sunny but him and his not-sparklingness, and a few points in the meadow scenes, where everything is bathed in sunlight, and again, he's not sparkling.
It could be explained that he just happens to be standing in a shady patch and everyone else is in full on sunlight, so they don't have to make him sparkle and add more animation. Its just annoying, though. The sparkling is the gayest part of this vampire mythos, can't they at least stick to it?
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

^^ yeah I did noticed that to, but I took it as clouds passing by...

another one was when Billy was telling the legend, when the warriors first saw the cold one and phased the clothes disappeared magically...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

In the training for battle scene, where the Cullens train....

Edward fights Carlisle. And Carlisle catches him at surprise (Jasper says: "Never turn your back on your enemy.")
Wasn't Edward just supposed to read Carlisle mind, so he wouldn't be caught off guard by Carlisle?
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

^^That's not really a goof- that was screen writing. Melissa Rosenburg has something against letting Edward fight like he's supposed to. It's been discussed elsewhere, but according to Melissa and all the directors, the mind reading is not an advantage for him. We know, it sucks.
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I think I posted this under another forum but there's a deal with the engagement ring that bothered me. Edward asks Bella why she isn't wearing her ring and she said that she didn't want to risk losing it (but he knows that it's so Jacob doesn't see it)...but then at the end, she tells him she's going to need the ring and he has it in his pocket ready to put it on her finger.
It seemed strange at the time for him to ask her why she wasn't wearing it, but it sort of flowed with the movie, so I didn't think much about it until the end.
:roll:
Come to think of it...in the book, he actually propsed when he first showed her the ring so why did she give the ring back in the first place? :? I mean, she'd already agreed to marry him...
Grayce
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Wasnt Jasper meant to have left with Rosalie before the Graduation? He is a year older than Edward, Alice and Bella, and is in the same year as Emmett and Rosalie? Or am i wrong?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Total Twilight Fan wrote:Wasnt Jasper meant to have left with Rosalie before the Graduation? He is a year older than Edward, Alice and Bella, and is in the same year as Emmett and Rosalie? Or am i wrong?
That's kind of an "established" inconsistency, as in the New Moon movie, Jasper was also still in high school with Alice and Edward.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

GrayceM wrote:I think I posted this under another forum but there's a deal with the engagement ring that bothered me. Edward asks Bella why she isn't wearing her ring and she said that she didn't want to risk losing it (but he knows that it's so Jacob doesn't see it)...but then at the end, she tells him she's going to need the ring and he has it in his pocket ready to put it on her finger.
It seemed strange at the time for him to ask her why she wasn't wearing it, but it sort of flowed with the movie, so I didn't think much about it until the end.
:roll:
Come to think of it...in the book, he actually propsed when he first showed her the ring so why did she give the ring back in the first place? :? I mean, she'd already agreed to marry him...

I thought that was off too. I also didn't like that the night she stayed over she went from car to house alone and Victoria and the new born army was after her. Edward was like "what are you doing outside" good question since she wouldn't be left alone like that. It would take all of 1 second for someone to snatch her alone.

Or when Edward pulls up behind Jake when she hit him and he kissed her. How did Edward even know what had happened yet. Alice wouldn't have seen anything.

Maybe these things could be explained but I don't think it flowed well with what we know.
AyaDiefair
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AyaDiefair »

MiVidaLoca wrote: Or when Edward pulls up behind Jake when she hit him and he kissed her. How did Edward even know what had happened yet. Alice wouldn't have seen anything.

Maybe these things could be explained but I don't think it flowed well with what we know.
At the scene where Jacob takes her home and Edward drives up, he would go there to make sure Bella was ok and probably read his thoughts about it after Jacob kissed Bella, I'm sure he was still thinking about it.

Hmm, what irritated me about the movie was when they were on the mountain after the famous tent scene all Bella is wearing is like a light shirt and plaid thing. Bella hates the cold and is standing on the mountain with snow all over it, I'm sure it isn't very warm up there either. Where is the marshmallow jacket I thought they had in the book??

I can't come up with anything else at the moment.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~