Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
butterfly420km
Buying a Better Raincoat

Hi everyone, I'm Kristen

Post by butterfly420km »

How did you pick your screen name?
This is a screen name I've been using for years. I love butterflies, my birthday is 4/20, and km stands for my first and middle initial, Kristen Michelle. I should have come up with something to do with Twilight, but I gave up and just used my normal one.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
I've been hearing about Twilight here and there for a while. I remember seeing a preview for the movie on TV a few months ago and I didn't know what it was. I'm subscribed to Entertainment Weekly, so I got the issue that was all about Twilight and read the articles. I thought it sounded interesting. About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I was at an airport getting ready to fly to NJ for the weekend and I saw Twilight in the bookstore. I figured what the heck, I've been meaning to read it. Then I couldn't put it down all weekend and was done by Monday night...I was instantly in love!!!! What an amazing book, honestly it's my favorite book of all time. I got so excited reading it, it was like the happiest I've felt in a long time. I continued reading the rest of the saga and have already finished, which leaves me feeling sad. I miss Edward, Bella, and the Cullens! I feel like I could keep reading their story forever (sigh).

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
Edward by far!!! Is it sad to admit that I am in love with a fictional character? I guess not, most people on this board are I think ;) . Wow, I'm just amazed that Stephenie Meyer is so talented and was able to create the perfect guy in her head along with a wide array of other awesome characters. I think I might pass out when I actually see the movie. I get so excited just watching the trailers.

Who is your favorite minor character?
I thought Emmett was definitely the funniest. Especially after reading the partial draft of Midnight Sun because you get to see more of how he interacts with Edward and the rest of the family. He is hilarious. I also like Alice because of how she was always trying to dress Bella up. I'm a girly girl, so I would totally have been into all of the fashion she had access to.

What are your hobbies?
Well my hobby for the last two weeks was reading the Twilight saga nonstop!! Seriously, my fiance and I got into a huge fight because he was mad that all I would do was read. I think he's just jealous :roll: . But I do really enjoy reading. I plan to read the entire saga over again just because it was so darn good, I have to have more.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
I'm originally from New Jersey, but my fiance and I moved to Florida 5 years ago and have been here ever since (farther south than Renee and Phil :) ).

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
26 :? Wish I could be turned into a vampire so I wouldn't have to keep getting older!!

Anything else you would like to share.
I just want to say that reading this saga has truly changed my life. I've never enjoyed anything more. I can't believe I waited so long to read these books, but in a way I'm glad because now it's that much closer to the movie's release date (can't wait!!!). But what a great love story. It just really made me believe in love so much more and appreciate the way true love changes you forever.
Image Image
Bella...would you please stop trying to take your clothes off? :D
Chyeah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Hi everyone, I'm Kristen

Post by Chyeah »

Hi, I'm Chyeah! Welcome to the site!
I'm an anti here for civil discussion on why Twihards like Twilight. However, if you personally insult me, I see no reason to respect you. You have been warned.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Welcome to the Lex! PM if you have a question or want to chat.
See you around the boards. :)
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
ellalou73
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by ellalou73 »

Hey Kristen, I'm Ella, Welcome to the site, this is a great place to be. Pm me if you want too. Have fun.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

Hi! Welcome to the Lexicon, I'm Venecettia.
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

Hi, I'm Kymberli, Welcome to the Lex. This is a great place to share your obsession. I think of it as a support group. :lol:
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

Hey!
Welcome to the Lex.
I hope you enjoy it around here.
I'm Elaine, by the way.
Feel free to PM me if you need help or just want to chat, kay?

Well, I'll see you around the boards. :D
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Hi!!! You will find this a great place and you will love it. You will blend right in. When I was new, someone told me to check out Stephenie Meyer's personal correspondence at http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?page_id=17

I hope you find it as informative as I did.

Welcome!!!
Spooky
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

Welcome to the home of the happily obsessed! We love having new addicts post, it makes the rest of us feel more normal.

Check out the Newcomer's Guide, it will help you navigate the site. Stephenie's Personal Correspondence is a must-read and I thought the timeline was really interesting too.

See you around the boards!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
butterfly420km
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by butterfly420km »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! It's comforting to know I'm not the only one completely obsessed with Twilight! If only someone could explain that to my fiance... :lol:
Image Image
Bella...would you please stop trying to take your clothes off? :D