I'm so glad I found this site!

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

I'm so glad I found this site!

Post by twilightmom »

Hello. This is a bit scary and overwhelming for a newcomer like me. Here I go...

How did you pick your screen name?
Twilightmom: I am one of those “mature” Twilight fans – and a mom of 2 kids.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
This is going to be a bit long, but I feel like I need to tell the whole story here… I have to admit that I didn’t even hear of the Twilight series until this past August when I had two out-of-town friends visiting the week Breaking Dawn was released. They both were reading the stories and had to go get the book. You may ask, “Where have I been the past 3+ years?” Too caught up with my kids, um, reading Harry Potter, I just don’t know! I didn’t give it much thought. Then mid-September, I was looking for something light and happy to read. I went to our local library and put my name on the wait list. When I finally got Twilight (October), I read it in 2 days – I couldn’t put it down; neglected my family and everything! I was instantly hooked and put my name down for the next 3 books. Meanwhile, I re-read Twilight at a slower pace so I could pay more attention, get a grasp of the time line, savour the romance (the writing actually gave me butterflies!). I got books 2 and 3 just before I left on a week-long vacation with my husband (our FIRST vacation alone since my first was born 5 years ago!!). Well, I relaxed by the pool and spent my vacation with Edward and Bella, et. al. After finishing 2 & 3, I couldn’t wait to get home, so I went and bought Breaking Dawn, and read that, too. I also went back and re-read passages and chapters out of all of the books. I finished the day before we left our vacation and I have to tell you, I was really feeling blue. I felt like I was leaving my wonderful vacation and my new friends behind. Since I knew BD was the end of the series, I figured I’d only be able to revisit my friends in the same format, never knowing more. I got home (just earlier this week), and I felt compelled to write Ms. Meyer a letter telling her how much her books impacted me. Here is a small excerpt of that letter:

“I feel a deep connection to your stories and characters, and I can’t explain why. I will just re-read parts of the books to keep me connected to the story, and to my wonderful vacation. I wanted to tell you that my favorite chapter in Twilight is the scene in the meadow. It’s so touching, so moving. It’s very personal. I appreciate the way you describe first love, soul mates, etc. I remember being 17 and feeling that way. But there is more. I think the pureness of your love story rekindled my deep love for my husband. It reminded me of a time not too long ago when we first met. It helped bring some romance back into our 14-year relationship (10-year marriage). And for that, I am also grateful.”

So, then I Googled the internet to find out where I could mail my letter, only to find out that Ms. Meyer isn’t accepting fan mail. I was sad, but not for long. Because that is how I found the treasure of her website and this site! First I read Midnight Sun (only because Ms. Meyer posted it herself), and now I’m reading the Outtakes, Extras, FAQ’s for each book. I love reading how Ms. Meyer came up with her stories, characters, etc. And through that I found this site. I read the site’s philosophy and immediately knew this was the perfect site for me!

Um, sorry about the length, I just feel I have to “get it out” of my system! And as for my favorite book… I cannot really pick one. It's the whole tale, all the books together that make it whole. I have favorite sections from each book that I read over and over.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
Am I allowed to say Edward-Bella? I love their dynamic, their relationship, everything about them together (and when they were apart, wanted to be together).

Who is your favorite minor character?
Alice. She’s the best friend/sister all in one. She cares for all of the characters so sweetly. Plus she’s just fun.

What are your hobbies?
Being a full-time mom takes up most of my time. I also love working out/dancing at my gym, playing outside (again with kids), trying to keep up with several TV shows (Lost, Fringe, Heroes, the Office, Primeval, SG-Atlantis)… I’m a sci-fi fan!

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
New Hampshire, Atlantic Coast. But I did live in the Seattle area for 6 years and had visited the Ho Rain Forest several times. I could picture the books vividly.

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
Um… Later 30’s… (I was embarrassed at first, but then saw there are more moms out there… Is there a forum thread geared for us “more mature” fans?)

Anything else you would like to share.
Wow… First, I’m just SO EXCITED to know I’m not alone. As I said, I finished reading the books and was truly a bit blue because I thought, “That’s it; it’s over.” Now I know that there are so many places to turn. And now I’m a bit overwhelmed.

I’m also very new to this whole forum/thread concept. Sorry if I do things incorrectly. I see that there are hundreds of threads and thousands of posts. Any advice on where to begin? I don’t have the time to go back and read everything that’s been posted – and I think I would drive my family insane if I never left the computer!
Also, I do have some very specific questions about story lines. I’m in the process of reading information on Ms. Meyer’s official site, but I know that some of my questions won’t be answered there. Is it really bad to just post these questions in the appropriate places, without going through the hundreds of posts to see if the same question was already asked? I don’t want to have bad etiquette, but I don’t know how I’ll be able to read all that’s been posted!

Lastly, I am truly grateful to Alphie, Imogen, and Pel for creating such a wonderful site where people like me can just say what they feel about these wonderful books and how they’ve impacted our lives. Thank you!!!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: I'm so glad I found this site!

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

Hey Twilightmom!! Welcome to the Lex! You will love it here. It’s a lot of fun meeting all the other happily Twilight-obsessed folks. Watch out – the Lex is highly addictive! ;-)

For us *older* fans there are a couple of adult threads: Heavenly Hash and it’s big sister, The Gutter Girls & Guys., and both can be found on the Flight to Phoenix forum. We also have a brand new thread for 30 somethings (also on Phoenix). Come see us!!

See you around the boards!

GNE
Squee! Thank you, Nena!

Linda
Settled in Forks

Post by Linda »

Wow! I'm so glad I checked out your thread, Twilightmom! Welcome :open arms:

I'm also a noobie, and... (ahem) mature. (Goodnight Elizabeth -- thanks for letting us know about the "adult" threads!)

Like you, I found myself snuggling up to my husband of 20+ years. He didn't understand how a vampire book could foster that reaction, but he didn't complain. :D Thought the books couldn't possibly have affected anyone else that way. So amazingly happy that it's not just me.

waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

Hey,
Welcome to the Lex!
Feel free to pm me anytime if you ever want to talk about Twilight or just to chat...I love to meet new people.
Hope to see you around the boards! :D

--Heather (waiting tobe dazzled)
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’

Twilight_Perfection
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Twilight_Perfection »

Welcome to Lex!
Hope you enjoy it here.
When I first came here a friend of mine had sent me this link.
It is the Personal Correspondence Page.
Hope you find it helpful and enjoyable like I have.
http://www.twilightlexiconblog.com/?page_id=17
If you ever want to chat just send a PM my way.

Ash

Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

Hi! Welcome to the Lexicon, I'm Venecettia.

Michiyuki
Wandering Through Town
Location: Out on Patrol along the border of La Push with Jake playing tag...

Post by Michiyuki »

Hiya Twilight mom!

Welcome to Lexicon!

If you ever want to talk or something (either twilight or non-twilight subject) I'm here to stay!
Not gonna ever own what's mine, When you’re always taking sides?
But you won’t take away my pride, No not this time, not this time

Team Jake

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I'm so bummed - I just had to return my Twilight books to the library. I'm taking bets that I won't be able to wait until Christmas to get the books as gifts. I'm going to need them much sooner!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!

Michiyuki
Wandering Through Town
Location: Out on Patrol along the border of La Push with Jake playing tag...

Post by Michiyuki »

lol, Thats what happened to me when I wanted Eclipse, I had to just wait for christmas, but lucky me I got to open it on christmas eve and read all night till morning came, I didn't even want to open my other presents because I was so into the moment^^
Not gonna ever own what's mine, When you’re always taking sides?
But you won’t take away my pride, No not this time, not this time

Team Jake

StinaCullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by StinaCullen »

Hello Twilightmom! I'm StinaCullen, another " Mom fan " Welcome to the Lex! PM me an anytime, Hope to see ya around the boards! :D