Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
adamcore
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Hi guys. Adam here.

Post by adamcore »

How did you pick your screen name?
It's kind of my internet alias on a bunch of different sites, which I thought up a long time ago.. I guess I just liked the sound? There wasn't a lot of thought involved..

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
My older sister living in Sydney called me, maybe 6 months ago, raving about a bunch of vampire books she had grown obsessed with. I could not deter her despite continually saying "Meh. Doesn't sound like something I'd get into..". It took me until the hype started to build up after the release of Breaking Dawn, and for my other sister to purchase the series, before I would actually read the books for myself - which I did about 2 months ago. I never considered myself a bandwagon jumper, but hey..

My favourite book is New Moon. For me, it was the most tense reading experience of the series. I think Stephenie Meyer built the book in a way that lured me to properly connect with Bella, and feel the emotions of her character as I read, more so than in any of the other books.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
Though he is make-believe, Edward is the perfect guy. You either want to be him, or to be with him. (Or both..) He is absolutely my favourite character.

Who is your favorite minor character?
Rosalie. I enjoyed learning about her character, and coming to better understand her as I read. She is not the most likable of characters, but I think her independent perspectives, on Bella especially, gave the stories a much needed dimension.

What are your hobbies?
I work too much, and I'm kind of a home-body. I play indoor netball every week (google it..), and I love the sun (so I'm happy it's Summer time down here..). I'm keen on all sorts of films and music as well, from Nina Simone to M.I.A. All-time favourite films are Rififi, Amelie and The 5,000 fingers of Dr. T. I read the news a lot too.. I'm boring like that.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
Born, raised, and living in New Zealand.

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
I'm 20.

Anything else you would like to share.
1. I am posting all of this in a deliberate attempt to avoid 'lurking'. It's a habit of mine.
2. Q: Is there a support group for those of us desperate to abstain from reading the unfinished chapters of 'Midnight Sun'? I would much rather read a polished product, with Stephenie Meyer's approval, but it's hard work holding out...

Lastly, I look forward to meeting those of you who frequent this place and also have trouble breaking their minds from this universe which Stephenie Meyer has so cleverly created.

Cheers.
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Hi guys. Adam here.

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Hey Adam!

Welcome to the Lex!!

I am Elise :D
One of those "frequents" you mention who can't get their minds from the universe of Twilight..:lol:

I can't get enough!! :D

Well I would be happy to answer any questions you have or just chat!! I am uber friendly (I think anyway..:?) and love meeting and chatting to people on here! :D
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Hi there Adam,

Welcome to the boards. I hope you'll enjoy joining in to all the different discussions we have on here and I'm looking forward to read your input on things.

Have fun!
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Hi I'm Megan. Welcome to the lex! LOVE THE BOOKS TOO OF COURSE. Hope to see you on the boards later :D
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
SpiiderMonkey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by SpiiderMonkey »

Welcome welcome!!

I hope you enjoy it here at the Lex!!!
There are a lot of us here that are wondering the same thing about MS, hopefully she will decide to finish it, I haven't read the online version 'cause i would rather read it when its finished but I don't know whats happening with that.. who knows!!

Have fun!! :mrgreen:

-Brittany
-And, by the way, I adore you...in frightening, dangerous ways.
Edward Cullen - Midnight Sun, pg 125.
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Hey Adam, and welcome to the lex!
Hope to see you on the boards later :D

-Jasper
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

Hey Adam, and welcome to the Lex! :D

I’m copper curls ~ feel free to PM me anytime. I know what you mean about temptation to read the Midnight Sun draft... it's hard work. you could maybe find other books to read in the meantime, and we've all got our fingers crossed, waiting for Stephenie to finish the book.

If you have any questions about the site, you can check out Alcyone's Guide to the Lexicon, our Site Philosophy, or the Posting Regulations. There is also a suggested format for doing your introduction, just to help us get to know you better and avoid confusion. Thanks.

Hope you enjoy the site & I’ll see you around the boards!

~ cc
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

hey Adam!
I'm vampirechick101 *waves*
Welcome to the Lex! :D
Hope to see you around the boards and feel free to Pm me anytime :D
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

Hey, welcome to the Lex, Adam! It's always nice to see a new Twiguy around here, there aren't nearly enough of you. :D

Anyways, I'm Waffle of Doom, another one of those 'frequents' you mentioned, feel free to PM me anytime!
See you around the boards!
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
MrsEdwardCullen4Ever
Settled in Forks

Post by MrsEdwardCullen4Ever »

hey adam.

welcomeee!! i love all twi guys :) we deffinatly need more. i deffinatly like to know what the guys think,, instead of just girls . have fun!

c.cullen
"Isabella Swan I promise to love you foever. Every single day of forever.Will You Marry Me?"