Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

ForJazz926 = Julie, a 28-year-old Twilight GEEK

Post by ForJazz926 »

Hi Everyone!

How did you pick your screen name? ----> I used to be hugely into online forums, and then took an extended hiatus. When I started up again, it was on a cat forum, because my cat, Jazz, had passed away. I wanted to do some research, and I know forums are an excellent place to go for that. So...I did it "for Jazz."

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite? ---> I started reading it after the holidays - so literally at the beginning of January 2009. I bought the first book a while back because I love to read and I heard the title as a recommendation. I cracked it open because my boyfriend's cousin was reading it over Christmas, and was excited for me to start. Favorite book is hard. I love the angst in #1, the beautiful sadness of #2, the heat of #3, and #4 had me on the edge of my seat - I would have loved to read it in one sitting. Great conclusion. Favorite book just depends on what I'm in the mood for.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob? ---> I have nothing but love for all of the characters, but Edward is my favorite. Call me cliche, but I am continually impressed by the intrigue and passion of this character. I am floored by Midnight Sun - I didn't realize the extent of his self-depricating nature until I read it. I really feel for him - he truly thinks he's a monster and at first, has no clue why Bella would want him. Beautiful.

Who is your favorite minor character? ---> How minor? If we're going just beyond the main three, then Emmett. I love easy-going, teddy bear boys. If we're talking REALLY minor...you don't see her until the end, but I really like Zafrina. What a sweetheart.

What are your hobbies? ---> reading, painting, graphic design, volleyball, cooking, yoga

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!) ---> From Wisconsin, now live in Northwest Arkansas

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc) ---> I'm 28, and not ashamed in the least! Neither for being that age, or for loving Twilight at that age.

Anything else you would like to share. ---> It took me a while to come around about Twilight. When I started reading it, although *I* was severely entertained, I thought about all the teenagers who are obsessed with it. The way the characters speak and think of each other - "I will die without you" - concerned me. I didn't think teenagers needed one more excuse to become overly dramatic about romance. I just saw in my mind all of these 13-year-olds pitching themselves off of rooftops in the name of unrequited love, as a result of obsessing over the book a little too much. I stopped worrying after a while - the story distracted me. And now I realize that is just part of the fun of being a teenager - dramatizing the heck out of everything - and any danger involved is just part of the risk of growing up.
Last edited by ForJazz926 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Image Image
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Re: ForJazz926 = Julie, a 28-year-old Twilight GEEK

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Hey there, my name is Emmaline. Welcome to the Lexicon :) I couldve sworn that your username was Jasper intended. Well, see you around. Hehe
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

I thought about that, actually! It's not until the later books, but they do start referring to Jasper as "Jazz." Oh well - I suppose I'm in the right place,then!

Image Image
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Hey, and welcome to the lex.

Hope to see you on the boards later.

-Jasper
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Welcome to the Lex, Julie!
I'm Sarah.

Hope to see you around on the boards :D
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

Hi Sarah - I've seen you around already - your signature is very recognizeable. I can't help but laugh when I see it. Don't take this the wrong way, because I totally love it, but it's kind of like a train wreck. The bobble-head thing is isturbing, but you just can't look away. lmao!

Image Image
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

Hi I'm Megan. Welcome to the lex! LOVE THE BOOKS TOO OF COURSE. Hope to see you on the boards later :D
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
flow_3
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by flow_3 »

Hi..!
Vampire.Bunny
Lusting for Blood

Post by Vampire.Bunny »

Hey julie,
im bunny
welcome to the lex
ImageImage
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

hey! welcome to the lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM