Hello, my name is StephAnie

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
tennisnutter
Settled in Forks

Hello, my name is StephAnie

Post by tennisnutter »

So first things first. I will tell you straight up that I am a moderate anti of the books (meaning there were things I liked, but more things I disliked). I originally came here through Twilightsucks.com; in fact, I believe this forum had three posters looking for discussion introduce themselves recently, and that did not end well. I believe that the both the anti posters and the mods handled the situation badly and take no sides on who was right, therefore you can assume that I am here to satisfy my own curiosity and not for in some bizarre revenge for my fellow antis. I understand why you would be wary of anti posters since no one likes a troll, but try to remember that every anti (or fan, for that matter) is different. I am not here to offend, I am not here to convert. I just am trying to understand the appeal of the books and most likely will be lurking at first to get a feel for what kind of discussion and what kind of topics are allowed.

I have read the site/forum rules and regulations, I have read the site vision, and I understand that this is not a debate site. I do not agree with the rules, but I will abide by them and will try not to write anything inflammatory about the series known as the Twilight Saga.

I know this spiel must sound familiar to you already, so I'll end it there.

On to introducing myself. Hello, my name is Stephanie, otherwise known as tennisnutter. I live in California and recently graduated with a degree in Integrative Biology. If I were not so interested in going into medicine, I would probably go to culinary school and become a baker since I love making and eating sweets. All things considered, it's lucky that I also love (as my name indicates) to play tennis and other sports/working out to burn off those extra calories. :shock:

Nice to meet you. Let's be friends. :)
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Re: Hello, my name is StephAnie

Post by Pel »

Hello Stephenie,

You are welcome to be here as is anyone who wants to go along with the site policies in place here.

The all the posts of the three recent visitors save the one that was a cut and paste of what I believe was the Twilight Sucks credo of how Edward is abusive remain unedited. Incidentally that poster didn't even bother with an intro, she just dove right in to make sure we saw the multifaceted points of abusive. The interaction any TS member had with anyone on this site is in full view and has not in any fashion been edited. we believe the interaction was entirely civil, but the three recent visitors did not see it that way. Additionally on our blog is the post of a Twilight Sucks member named Ire Maleficent who chose to insult those with autism and the mentally handicapped with her own diatribes and then bragged as such on TS.

We are also further mystified why an encounter that was entirely civil on this forum resulted in a EFF You Pel thread that lead to near stalking of me personally on the TS forum and where the discussion lead to wild assumptions of my personal life of which the posters clearly have zero idea.

So you can see where perhaps our patience is wearing a little thin. What were are getting tired of is visitors from Twilight Sucks who self admittedly on the Twilight Sucks boards are here "to make us see the light" "get us to realize the truth" "I'm just there to see their reactions and to see how long I last until I get banned"...

We certainly don't invade the TS boards in a concerted effort to convert you all, allow threads whose intent is to organize such, or to even allow the discussion that critiques the operation of another website. In some ways websites are like kids, as long as you're not breaking any laws no one should tell you how to run your website or how to raise your kids.

So all that being said, we take you at your word that you are not here to do that.
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

Hi steph! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
PM me for anything.
Catch you around the boards.
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Stephanie
welcome to the lex.
See you around the boards.
:)
Eri
Displays Excellent Tracking Skills

Post by Eri »

hi Stephanie, welcome to the boards, i understand there are things you may like or may not like about the books, it happen to everyone (i could make a list right now about Harry Potter, for example)

I hope you enjoy your time here ;)
tennisnutter
Settled in Forks

Post by tennisnutter »

Pel wrote: We are also further mystified why an encounter that was entirely civil on this forum resulted in a EFF You Pel thread that lead to near stalking of me personally on the TS forum and where the discussion lead to wild assumptions of my personal life of which the posters clearly have zero idea.

So you can see where perhaps our patience is wearing a little thin. What were are getting tired of is visitors from Twilight Sucks who self admittedly on the Twilight Sucks boards are here "to make us see the light" "get us to realize the truth" "I'm just there to see their reactions and to see how long I last until I get banned"...
Thanks for the welcome, Pel. I understand that dealing with trolls on a regular basis gets annoying, especially as a mod. I certainly don't like dealing with trolls either although they can be funny sometimes. Like I said, you probably won't be seeing me on the boards at first...I'll mostly be lurking until I get a feel for the boards and what kinds of things are discussed. When I get more comfortable I'll being adding my own comments. So, hooray.
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

hey welcome to the lex
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

HI, I'm Latte :D
Welcome to the Lex!

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

tennisnutter
Settled in Forks

Post by tennisnutter »

Yum, Lattes. =P

So, where's a good place to start lurking? The busiest places, that is?