Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
rollie715
Wandering Through Town

53 yr old male from Washington

Post by rollie715 »

How did you pick your screen name?
I've been using the name Rollie715 for many years on various forums. My name is actually Rollie as named after my Grandfather and the 715 has meaning if anyone is really interested, (it relates to a military vehicle named an M715). Overall it is unique enough to apply to where ever I go.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
My daughter in law and then my wife started reading them, and as I like to experience things with my wife, we both began experiencing them together. This was a similar experience as we did together through the entire Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice series.
I loved them all, but am somewhat partial to Eclipse or maybe it is Twilight.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
If I had to choose from those three, it would be Edward, especially after reading Midnight Sun and seeing more of what he really went through. Edward really sets a good example for us on how to treat our loved ones and to keep our own cravings and desires under control.

Who is your favorite minor character?
Carlisle is by far my overall favorite character even more then Edward. His outlook on life and his commitment to being a good husband, father, and contributing citizen in society is well worth following. I especially like how he guides and counsels his family when difficult occasions arise. Both in the book and as shown in the movies.

What are your hobbies?
Old trucks, Family gatherings, Spending time with my wonderful wife.

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
Washington State

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
53, but just as young at heart and obsessed as the others

Anything else you would like to share.
What I enjoy the very most is when my… enhanced abilities let me save someone who would otherwise have been lost. It’s pleasant knowing that, thanks to what I can do, some people’s lives are better because I exist
- Carlisle Cullen
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Re: 53 yr old male from Washington

Post by n0vaice »

Hi Rollie! Welcome to the lex.
I'm Karl, hope you like it here.
Catch you around the boards.
PM me for anything, anytime :D
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hi. I'm Jen

Welcome to the lex, it's a fun place to be! :D

And since Carlisle is your favorite come join on us on the Team Carlisle thread it's a fun place to discuss him & meet others who are also a fan.

See you around the boards

And if you've never been, I highly suggest visiting Stephenie Meyer's website. She has a lot of fun stuff there like FAQ's for all the books & some outtakes that didn't make it into the final draft of the books.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

hey, and welcome to the Lex! :D

I’m copper curls ~ feel free to PM me anytime, if you have a question or just want to chat.

If you have any questions about the site, you can check out Alcyone's Guide to the Lexicon, our Site Philosophy, or the Posting Regulations.

hope you enjoy the site & I’ll see you around the boards!

~ cc
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Anto21
Wandering Through Town

Post by Anto21 »

Hello Rollie,
I'm Anto21

ciao :)
look after my heart, I've left it with you
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

My daughter in law and then my wife started reading them, and as I like to experience things with my wife, we both began experiencing them together.
Welcome Rollie!! I'm 51 and I'm going to show your post to my husband so he will quit being so snobby about Twilight!! Thanks.

Enjoy the Lex - it's fantastic!!!
rollie715
Wandering Through Town

Post by rollie715 »

Karl, Jen, Copper Curls, Anto21, Audrey - Thank you so much for the warm welcomes. It appears the whole internet is full of Twilight related sites, and is difficult sometimes to find the ones that have good deep content. It appears the Lex has a bit for just about everyone. Sure it has it's share of obsessed fans that can't get enough of Rob and other celebrities, but there is also some good deeper conversations relating to the books and movies.

Susie - Thanks for the greeting. Good luck on sharing this obsession with your husband. I personally have been very lucky to have been married to a wonderful woman now for 30 years, and have to say the longer we are together the better it gets. In fact, I would say that our latest adventures together as we share the Twilight Saga has added to our relationship, especially the romantic side. A few years ago we enjoyed Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice series in a similar manner, doing crazy things like attending Balls and dressing up like Darcy and Elizabeth. With the Twilight series, we have found ourselves spending evening togethers reading and rereading all the books, as well as rewatching Twilight over and over. We've only seen New Moon once, as we prefer to save our mony and buy the DVD (or Blu-ray) when it comes out instead of spending the high prices at the theater. Although we are considering watching Eclipse for the first time in Imax at a theater near us. Many of the quotes from the books and movies have found their way into our normal language as we communicate with each other.

Again thank you all. Hope to catch you sometime in the forum.

Rollie
What I enjoy the very most is when my… enhanced abilities let me save someone who would otherwise have been lost. It’s pleasant knowing that, thanks to what I can do, some people’s lives are better because I exist
- Carlisle Cullen
Anto21
Wandering Through Town

Post by Anto21 »

Hello Rollie!
You see I read the books only one year ago (so late considering when the Twilight was publishe, but as we say Italy "late is better than never") then I watched the movies and I decided to give a look on internet to the web sites dedicated to the saga.

As you said in your post, internet is full of Twilight related sites, and is difficult sometimes to find the ones that have good deep content. So I found some good sites in Italy but I wanted to shere my passion for the saga with fan abroad and when I found out the Lexicon I immediately liked it. There are so many kind of fans, diffrent ages and interests and the Lex has is great. I don't visit the site as often as I would like (time is always a problem) and sometimes I can't write everything I would like to say because english is not my native language. Howevere I always read many interesting discussions on the board and even if I don't write my own comment I follow them with interest.

See you around :)
look after my heart, I've left it with you
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Great Avatar Picture, Rollie!