Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Hi, I'm Songbird

Post by Songbird »

How did you pick your screen name?
It's a nickname my college roommate gave me because I was a music major and I sing all the time.

How did you come to read Twilight and which book is your favorite?
I kept seeing Flair Buttons about "Edward Cullen" on facebook and had no idea who he was, so I googled him. Then a bunch of my friends started talking about how much they loved the books, and since I'm an avid reader, I decided to check them out, despite how cheesy it sounded (vampire romance? Really??) and my normal aversion to anything gorey (thank goodness Twilight is not like that) and I got hooked.

Who do you like best: Edward, Bella, or Jacob?
Jacob, because he has a great sense of humor, he's warm, and loyal. He's the kind of person I could easily be friends with.

Who is your favorite minor character?
Probably Alice, because she reminds me of my best friend who I miss so so so much. We've been friends since we were 6 and she's very spastic, enthousiastic, and doesn't do things halfway. I can see myself and my best friend hanging out with Alice...she's the ultimate "girls night out" companion and I'd LOVE to have a slumber party with her!! Bella didn't appreciate that enough because it wasn't her plan...I can understand her being upset about her plans being changed, but I don't get why she was so opposed to the idea as a whole.

What are your hobbies?
I have a LOT of them. I love singing, reading, baking, genealogy, and crafting (making cards and jewelry). And of course spending time on the internet, though I'm a technology squib.I'm on staff at one of the major Harry Potter fan sites, as well as belonging to a MUCH smaller fandom, and of course facebook (much the easiest way to keep in touch with my family back home and share pictures of my munchkins),

Where are you from (general area like Montana, not exact town!)
I'm originally from Wyoming, in the US, but I live in the Netherlands. The crazy things we do for love!

How old are you? (In general, like teen, 20's, 30's, 40's etc)
Let's just say I'm a Twilight mom, who hopes that when my daughter is old enough, she'll love the books as much as I do...maybe my son, too, for that matter.

Anything else you would like to share.
I'm a huge nerd! I love Twilight and Harry Potter (I know, that's kind of controversial with some fans, but I feel it's sort of like Ice cream. You can love more than one flavor...and I love a LOT of different flavors in my reading. Jane Austen, Nora Roberts, and a lot of different books by different authors. I'm pretty eclectic.) and reading in general. And Disney...and Glee...the list goes on and on. See? Told you I was a nerd.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: Hi, I'm Songbird

Post by Jestak »

Hi, and welcome to the forum. :wave: Hope you enjoy yourself here.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi. I hope that I'll see you around the Halfway House more often--it's addictive :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Susan!!

It's me, Susie from the Halfway House! I guess all I needed to do was come here to learn about you.

WELCOME to the LEX!! You will love it here.
It is coming up on my 2nd Lexiversary, and it has really changed my life. (For the better of course!)

You have to get to know Marielle - she's a HUGE Potter fan. You may even live near each other.

Beware of those at the Halfway House who are NOT Jacob fans (that's putting it lightly). :lol:

I'm a singer too!! Not a music major, but classically trained. I'm a light lyric coloratura. At least I used to be. I had to stop all that frivolity when my kids needed music lessons - all the $$ went to their piano and voice lessons for a period of 10 years. Now they are both in private colleges and also costing lots of $$$$. I sang jazz for a while which was fun. My voice is a bit high, though. Gershwin works well. I can kill Summertime. Other singers at the Halfway House - Caryn, Tracy, New Jen, Who am I forgetting? Professionally, I'm an Adult Basic Ed English as a Second Language Teacher, so I LOVE Grammar! :lol: I get to meet people from all over the world in my own classsroom. My husband used to work for Northwest Airlines/Delta and we still have the flight benefit through his severance package. That's why I've been able to fly around and meet people from the Lex.

Have fun exploring all of the threads and getting to know people.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Thanks everyone! I'm loving it so far and it's only been...what, 3 days? 4?

Suzie, I LOVE singing jazz music. My voice is most suited to jazz or musicals. I used to hate Jazz music until I got into college and had to audition to keep my scholarship...now it's probably my favorite genre to sing. I also love singing choral music...not big on Opera, though. I just don't have that much vibrato and it's not my style. And I'm a grammar freak, too. Can't stand it when people use the incorrect form of there, their, and they're, or your and you're.
I don't think there will be too much problem with the non-Jacob lovers...I love Edward, too, and I understand everyone has their own taste. I'm pretty open-minded...I'm sure we can all get along. Besides...if I'm the only Jacob fan, more for me!!!!!
And that's great about the flights!! I'm so jealous! I love to travel. I've met several people from the internet. It sure is handy to belong to fan forums when you go traveling...there's almost always someone you can meet and maybe stay with so you don't have such high hotel costs! I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter last summer and stayed with a friend from the small fan forum we have...we had such a blast! It's always better to share with someone else who loves it like you do!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hi there! :)
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

See you around the boards!
Openhome
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi! Welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~