still running with the vampires :)

Introduce yourself here.
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mandys23
Settled in Forks

still running with the vampires :)

Post by mandys23 »

It's funny that this thread is called "the new kid in town". Although I haven't been an active member on this site but I've been a fan of the Twilight series for the past 6 years. The very first time I laid eyes upon the book was in the summer of 2006. I was 13 years old and was obsessed with vampires. I spent around 2 hours in the store that day, going through the first few pages of many vampire novels. In the end I decided to get Twilight ( I used to think Edward was a funny name :P ) , Anne Rice's The Vampire Companion, Vampire Kisses and Cirque Du Freak the Vampire's assistant. Honestly the first time i read the first two chapters of the book, I got bored and it ended up lying on my shelf for days. I didn't get what Bella was going on about saying goodbye to her mom and her parka! In late August, I was at an airport and they had Twilight on the Best sellers list so I asked someone who worked there what did they think of the book. She politely said that apparently its a story about romantic vampires and that I should read it , I will most likely enjoy it. I decided to keep browsing through the bookstore while I waited for my flight, somewhere along the shelves the glossy cover of New Moon caught my attention. I soon learned that it was the sequel to Twilight and for some strange reason it was the only thing I bought that day. As soon as I went back home, I decided to give Twilight another shot and once you cross first 5 chapters you just can't put the book down!!! I was fixated on Bella and Edward's relationship. So as soon as I started reading New Moon imagine my disappointed when Edward disappeared for like 2/3rd of the book -_- But yeah that is how it all started for me. I used to beg my friends to read the book, to give it a chance cos its hypnotic but they used to brush it off thinking it was a lame vampire book. Before Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr, I used a site called http://www.vampirefreaks.com and they had a small Twilight forum there. I used to talk to people about all things Twilight. We counted down the days till Eclipse and then in 2007 got the news that it was being turned into a movie. I was ecstatic. We fought over who should play Edward Cullen and we all had mixed feelings when Robert Pattinson got the role. Could the Hufflepuff seeker do justice to such an iconic character? The hype was still building up at that point. Breaking Dawn came out and I finished the book in just a few hours. I had a really hard time accepting the series had ended :( But we had the movies to look forward to. I remember going into Hot Topic when I saw the sign for Twilight Merch on the window. I wanted to clean out the racks but ended up just getting a couple of tees . I asked the guy who worked there how were the sales like, cos as far as I knew Twilight wasn't mainstream yet, surprisingly he told me that they were selling out like crazy. The first movie came out that november and overnight the world changed, the rest I'm sure you all know. When your doctor can recognize your team edward tee you know the series has become a phenomena.

So now that we are at the end of the Twilight journey, with the last movie coming out in just 13 days, I wanted to share my story and maybe hear from some of you as well. There have been times when I got sick of all the hype, but it never stopped me from reading all the books over and over again or watching the movies in the theatre on the opening night. I grew up with Twilight and I'm always going to be Team Edward because werewolves stink :P lol.

:bye:
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Re: still running with the vampires :)

Post by Jestak »

Hi, and welcome to the forum. :wave: Hope you enjoy it here.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hi there! :)
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Hey! Welcome to the Lex!
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

HI I enjoyed reading your story. Yes it has been a great several years hasn't it. Well I do hope to see you around and hear your thoughts on Bd2
Banner by TammyAZ
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Hi welcome to the lex. Hope to see you around the board...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hello and welcome to the Twilight Lexicon!

I’m Openhome, and I’m one of the moderators around here.

We are so pleased you have chosen to join us! The Lex is a large site and can be very confusing at first. To help you navigate through the threads better, please be sure to check out the Welcome Forum and take a look at the threads there. You can begin at the Before You Start Posting thread. This topic contains a wealth of information on how to use our boards.

If you have any questions about posting here, there are three forums set up for you. Newborn in Seattle has a long list of helpful hints and FAQ’s. If you have technical difficulties, go to For the Accident Prone. The site’s rules and policies are found in the Don’t Irritate the Volturi thread. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with them!

If you have any other questions, you can contact any of the moderators by sending them a Private Message (PM). Moderators’ names appear in green. You can also go to the Communing with the Pack forum to ask questions or give us feedback.

See you around the boards!
Openhome