Glitch Report

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES? Ask here!
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Re: Glitch Report

Post by 24601 »

ringswraith wrote:Dunno if this counts or not, but I just went here on my new PC running Windows 7 and after one(!) attempt to log in I am treated to the "you have exceeded the number of attempts to login" page and had to log in with the Captcha thing...

Seeing as this is my first time here on this PC, I'm a bit worried that I'm getting the message because someone else is trying to log in on my name. Hence why I'm hoping this is just a glitch...
I have been looking at this. It appears that as long as you are automatically logged in (via the box you check on initial login), when you connect, the failed login number is not reset. Once you have to login (new PC, new location) the failed login number comes into effect and gets reset on successful completion.

It is, of course, possible that someone is trying to login, masquerading as a user. Anyone (non-logged in guest) can see the user names just browsing the forums.

I will look into this some more and post back here if I find out anything definitive.
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I see. Thank you so much for looking into this! :)
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

^I had the same problem when I logged in on my dad's PC this weekend. I don't have the automatically login box checked on my own PC. They both have Windows 7 and I have logged in on them before without a problem.
I don't know if this message helps, but I just wanted to let you know that it's not just with the one account and that I have it without the automatic login. I didn't really see it as a problem since I could just login with the captcha.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Keeper of the Lex's Sonic Screwdriver

Post by 24601 »

Suzan wrote:I don't know if this message helps, but I just wanted to let you know that it's not just with the one account and that I have it without the automatic login. I didn't really see it as a problem since I could just login with the captcha.
Thanks for letting us know.

I've been working on this a bit, the real issue is that some of the mobile phones cannot see the captcha. I have been experimenting with iPhones, iTouch, Blackberry, Android today and getting mixed results. On some the captcha is clear as a bell, others ....gone....

I am going to take a look this weekend and see if I can figure out a way to fix this. If anyone who has had any trouble with the Captcha could tell me what kind of device they are using, it would help a great deal.

Thanks.
Noli improbos sinere te conterere