Glitch Report

TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES? Ask here!
Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Glitch Report

Post by ForJazz926 »

A friend of mine registered a few days ago and hasn't gotten an activation email yet. She's checked her junk mail and she's sure her email is correct.

She registered under the name Hailish, and used a hotmail account. Is there any trouble with hotmail?

Image Image
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

Despite the fact that I've read all the posts in the locked "Request a Topic" thread, it still appears to have unread posts in it, i.e: sparkly purple circle and little blue square to the left of the title.

EDIT: I read the latest post in the thread, since BHG unlocked an relocked it. Its purple, now.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
vampqueen101
Settled in Forks

Post by vampqueen101 »

ForJazz926 wrote:A friend of mine registered a few days ago and hasn't gotten an activation email yet. She's checked her junk mail and she's sure her email is correct.

She registered under the name Hailish, and used a hotmail account. Is there any trouble with hotmail?
Same with my friend, and its been a week. We both use hotmail, though, Her username is Lara327.
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

vampqueen101 wrote:
ForJazz926 wrote:A friend of mine registered a few days ago and hasn't gotten an activation email yet. She's checked her junk mail and she's sure her email is correct.

Same with my friend, and its been a week. We both use hotmail, though, Her username is Lara327.
Send Pel a PM and ask her to check on this. She's been personally activating the accounts in an effort to reduce the spammers. There may have been something about the account that made her think it was a spammer or it could have been something else, an honest mistake maybe and they got overlooked. Anyway, check with her about getting the accounts activated.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
chowzinha
Learning to Love Green

Post by chowzinha »

I'm sorry to post it here, but I just couldn't find any thread that would fit my question... here it goes:

What does the little purple ball beside each thread means?
Why are some purple and some blue?
And why some have a little yellow ball on the right top corner and some don't?

Sorry if it's inappropriate, but I just have this question that is killing me and nowhere to ask!!
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

The little purple ball means that you have read the most recent post in that thread.
Its blue if you haven't read the most recent one.
The little ball means you have posted in that thread before, though its pink for me.
All the blue balls have a little square next to them, click on it and you'll be taken straight to the last unread post.

Feel free to correct me, moderators! :)
twilightsagaaddict

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the time? We had the Daylight Savings Time change a few weeks ago, and I don't know how to make the clock "spring ahead".

thanks!
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Go to the User Control Panel, Board preferences, underneath 'My Time Zone,' there's an option that says "Summer Time/DST in effect," change that one to yes, and click submit.
twilightsagaaddict

Post by twilightsagaaddict »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:Go to the User Control Panel, Board preferences, underneath 'My Time Zone,' there's an option that says "Summer Time/DST in effect," change that one to yes, and click submit.
Thanks fangs! :D
Proud resident of Rob's Halfway House !!Image
Banner by TammyAZ
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Not sure if this is a glitch or not, but I've been encountering it fairly regularly today.

Typically when I get here, I hit the "View your posts" link. Once there, I go into the first topic to check what's new.

When I hit the "Back" button on my browser (IE), I get a page with a message that says "Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes."

If I hit "View your posts" again, same thing. Also the same with "View active topics."

Then it will randomly clear up. I hope I'm explaining this properly- it's a bit annoying. :?