Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Post by 24601 »

A place to discuss Stephenie Meyer as Producer of Breaking Dawn
Noli improbos sinere te conterere
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Post by GrayceM »

I wanted to extend a congratulations to Stephanie on being named one of the Producers for Breaking Dawn. I would have liked to see her being that involved with the other movies but I know that she was consulted on any major points. It's a big deal even though in my opinion, it should be her right to at least be involved in production.
Big Congrats Stephanie :D
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

I think it's really cool that Stephenie is co-producer and all. It gives me hope. (:

However, at the same time--and I don't know if this would have anything to do with Stephenie being co-producer or not--I am worried that this will effect the Isle Esme scene. Will it be a stupid copout fade-to-black scene just like in the books? Let's hope not.

I was also personally hoping that they would have more action at the end. I wasn't upset about it in the book, but from a visual standpoint, it wouldn't make for a very good scene in the movie. Very boring and not interesting to watch. I mean it's one of the last scenes in the last movie of the saga. Shouldn't it be a bit more epic? So would this as well be affected by Stephenie being co-producer, or would it make a difference?
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Egg_Wood
Settled in Forks

Post by Egg_Wood »

Seriously about time she became a producer in my opinion. Producers have alot of power in controlling pretty much everything that involves the movie so I am so glad she has been made a producer.

Hopefully, she has the power to push the others into making Breaking Dawn into two movies :D
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Yay!!! So excited for this one. She should co produce since the Twilight movie. There's no one better who knew the inside out stories of the Saga than the author herself...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
Edwards Wheels

Post by Edwards Wheels »

With any luck, with SM being even more involved the filmm should be pretty close to the book. I know they'll make changes for it to fit into film but hopefully even those changes should be good. I'm hoping that she might be able to see better ways for the screenplay to be written, you never know she might even co write the screenplay ( please please please!!!)

With all hopes being that the film will be made into 2 parts, they shouldn't miss too much out should they????

Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

SM being involved directly with the movie will influence the outcome in a brilliant way. We will see it the way she herself saw it when she was writing the books and I think thats important as nobody could really achieve that before. i like that she is involved.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Total Twilight Fan wrote:SM being involved directly with the movie will influence the outcome in a brilliant way.
Yep... Totally agree... She can do everything exctaly like the book...
Everything like she imagined it to be... And it can be amazing in the end...

Just heard the Bill Candon is going to be the new Breaking Dawn director!

http://www.examiner.com/x-39025-Celebri ... -announced
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:I think it's really cool that Stephenie is co-producer and all. It gives me hope. (:

However, at the same time--and I don't know if this would have anything to do with Stephenie being co-producer or not--I am worried that this will effect the Isle Esme scene. Will it be a stupid copout fade-to-black scene just like in the books? Let's hope not.

I was also personally hoping that they would have more action at the end. I wasn't upset about it in the book, but from a visual standpoint, it wouldn't make for a very good scene in the movie. Very boring and not interesting to watch. I mean it's one of the last scenes in the last movie of the saga. Shouldn't it be a bit more epic? So would this as well be affected by Stephenie being co-producer, or would it make a difference?
My opinion is that they will have to keep close to the book on the "fade-to-black" scene as they have to keep at least the PG-13 rating. I don't think that Summit will allow them to show too much so that it would go to an R rating. Then again...ratings have changed alot so they may be able to show a little more. They have several morning after shots to deal with (the feathers and the headboard) and then there's the part of the birth...but I actually like it the way it is in the books. I guess I think it's better to leave some things to the imagination... :oops:

The action with the Volturi, I sort of agree as far as the making the movie better. This is going to be a very difficult for the film(s) because there's so much that's internal. Everything the vampires do is internal except for the one able to control the elements, if I remember correctly. Bella's able to see her shield but no one else can, there's Alec's fog, Kate's electric current, Zafrina's visions, Renesmee's talent. So far, they have only shown one of Alice's visions...it should be interesting. The wolves will be there this time unlike when the Volturi show up in Eclipse. Maybe they'll show a flashback of the real werewolves, instead of shapeshifters as the pack is found to be. Haha...wouldn't it be a hoot to show Michael Sheen as Lucian in a flashback for the werewolves the Volturi hunted to almost extinction? :lol:
Seriously though, I don't think they can do much with action at the standoff scene though because that was the whole point. If fighting started, there would be no stopping it. But maybe they can find a way.

The last scene though, they should leave exactly like the book. The last scene is Bella letting Edward see her thoughts. /sigh...it's a wonderful ending/beginning for their story.
Last edited by GrayceM on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grayce
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Very good points and I agree with alot of you. I am very happy that SM is now a co-producer. I feel that since this was her work to begin with she should have had a say in all the movies. However like some of you addressed the whole Isle Esme scene I don't want it to fade to black either. I am sorry but they can give us a visual of everything and make it classy,tender and romantic all wrapped up in one. If they could do it on prime time tv and show then they can do it on the pg13 movie. So my fingers are crossed and praying to SM and Summit gods above!
Banner by TammyAZ