Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Stephenie Meyer: Producer

Post by RebeccaCullen »

LionandLamb123 wrote: Sorry to say, but Jacob imprinting on Renesmee is almost definitely going to be a part of Breaking Dawn in my opinion,especially with Stephenie as producer ( yay ! :D ) . It would leave so many Team Jacob people disappointed and it wouldn't close the story right or make much sense as to why he never imprinted and he would just end up alone ? I can understand why you think it's wrong, but it's a huge part of the Twilight saga and how everything works in the end and if it wasn't included I think a lot more people would be upset rather than relieved.

I honestly think that Jacob fans would be disappointed anyways because Bella chose Edward and Jake gets their daughter [instead of getting the gold, he gets the silver]. And getting their daughter when he loved the mother first just comes off as wrong to me.

Personally, I would prefer it ended with that small question of who Jacob ended up with because even if it is shown that he does imprint on Renesmee, there's still that question, at least for those who've read the books, of whether or not she will choose him or someone else. Just because he imprinted on her doesn't mean she's going to choose him, IMO.

And I swear, I do not want it to end with a flash forward and we see that Renesmee and Jacob getting married.
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

RebeccaCullen wrote:
LionandLamb123 wrote: Sorry to say, but Jacob imprinting on Renesmee is almost definitely going to be a part of Breaking Dawn in my opinion,especially with Stephenie as producer ( yay ! :D ) . It would leave so many Team Jacob people disappointed and it wouldn't close the story right or make much sense as to why he never imprinted and he would just end up alone ? I can understand why you think it's wrong, but it's a huge part of the Twilight saga and how everything works in the end and if it wasn't included I think a lot more people would be upset rather than relieved.

I honestly think that Jacob fans would be disappointed anyways because Bella chose Edward and Jake gets their daughter [instead of getting the gold, he gets the silver]. And getting their daughter when he loved the mother first just comes off as wrong to me.

Personally, I would prefer it ended with that small question of who Jacob ended up with because even if it is shown that he does imprint on Renesmee, there's still that question, at least for those who've read the books, of whether or not she will choose him or someone else. Just because he imprinted on her doesn't mean she's going to choose him, IMO.

And I swear, I do not want it to end with a flash forward and we see that Renesmee and Jacob getting married.
I doubt it will end that way, because in the book there is still that question. And Stephenie said in an interview awhile back that there might be a book in the future, but from a different perspective, which leads me to believe it will probably be about Nessie and she'll make that choice. But I think if there wasn't a resolution for Jacob, people who haven't read the books but have caught up on the movies will be left feeling confused about it. But I can see your point.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

this is soo overdue its about time Stephenie got to play a bigger part in the film making process :D

as for the imprinting i think it definitely has to be in there i mean yeah its a little weird i guess and you don't really see it coming but thats the beauty of it, especially as in Breaking Dawn its not like a sexual thing Jakes effectively kind of like her godfather i guess you could say?!

Lionlamb123 yeah did you see those interviews Stephenie did about Breaking dawn, one of the questions posed was if she was intending on carrying the saga on and her answer was that if she were to carry the saga on it would be from either Renesmee or Leahs point of view as they are the characters that she feels are unresolved at the moment
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

bored by the sea wrote:
Lionlamb123 yeah did you see those interviews Stephenie did about Breaking dawn, one of the questions posed was if she was intending on carrying the saga on and her answer was that if she were to carry the saga on it would be from either Renesmee or Leahs point of view as they are the characters that she feels are unresolved at the moment
Oh she said either Renesmee or Leah ? I think I saw a really old one where she didn't name anyone in particular. I really, really REALLY hope she picks Renesmee!! But really I guess it just depends if your team wolfpack or team vampire :lol: Team vampire ! :)
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

LionandLamb123 wrote: But really I guess it just depends if your team wolfpack or team vampire :lol: Team vampire ! :)
Well I'm obviously team vampire so I hope it's Renesmee. Plus it would be really interesting to know what our favorite hybrid is thinking...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

dazzel21 wrote:
LionandLamb123 wrote: But really I guess it just depends if your team wolfpack or team vampire :lol: Team vampire ! :)
Well I'm obviously team vampire so I hope it's Renesmee. Plus it would be really interesting to know what our favorite hybrid is thinking...
I know ! I have a feeling Leah's POV would be a lot like the Jacob part of Breaking Dawn. And that isn't to exciting... :lol:

But.. Breaking Dawn comes out November 18!
http://team-twilight.com/20100505/save- ... v-18-2011/
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TEAM VAMPIRE ALL THE WAY!!! (ha ha did my sig give that away much?!?! :lol: )
yeah id hope for Renesmee because obviously shes team vampire and team werewolf, whereas if its from Leahs pov shes not exactly a vampire fan :| . yeah the interviews were posted on team-twilight yesterday you should check them out.
LionandLamb123 wrote:But.. Breaking Dawn comes out November 18! [/color]http://team-twilight.com/20100505/save- ... v-18-2011/
:o yeeaaahh i saw this VERY exciting news!!!!!!!!!!!! esp seeing as one of my mates and i have always said we're going to go to america for the Breaking Dawn world premiere sooo now we can start vaguely planning it
**TEAM EDWARD**
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

bored by the sea wrote:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TEAM VAMPIRE ALL THE WAY!!! (ha ha did my sig give that away much?!?! :lol: )
yeah id hope for Renesmee because obviously shes team vampire and team werewolf, whereas if its from Leahs pov shes not exactly a vampire fan :| . yeah the interviews were posted on team-twilight yesterday you should check them out.
LionandLamb123 wrote:But.. Breaking Dawn comes out November 18! [/color]http://team-twilight.com/20100505/save- ... v-18-2011/
:o yeeaaahh i saw this VERY exciting news!!!!!!!!!!!! esp seeing as one of my mates and i have always said we're going to go to america for the Breaking Dawn world premiere sooo now we can start vaguely planning it
Omg, that's so cool ! :D You'll love America ! :D
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

yeah i've never been before and now we can actually properly plan our trip now that we know dates and things, we're both VERY excited about the plan i feel very sorry for who ever is on a plane with us lol
**TEAM EDWARD**
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Like you guys have said I love the fact that SM is going to be a producer!! And I'm thinking part of the reason she is will be so that she can help control the Isle Esme scene & keep it a PG-13 rating. (I didn't think of that myself though I have to give credit to the Twilight Guy.) But I'm okay with that! Being as I know when SM sold the rights to the books to be movies there was a stipulation that they could not be rated higher than PG-13. And hopefully she'll be involved other ways too so that it's closer to the book. :)

I'm pretty sure that Jacob imprinting on Renesmee is going to be in there. (Why would they leave something that important to the story out? Jacob does end up happy w/his soul mate.) They will just have to be VERY CAREFUL on how they explain it so that those who have not read the books don't get the wrong idea or get grossed out. (I'm REALLY hoping that it gets explained in Eclipse so that they won't have to backtrack in BD. But they might not since they like to cut things out. Anther good reason that SM will be a producer on this one.)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson