Bill Condon as director

Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Bill Condon as director

Post by bored by the sea »

gah im totally undecided on this i havent really seen much of his work, it just scared me when they mentioned Dreamgirls in the same breath :lol: the letter that he wrote to us fans made me have a little more faith in him i guess, :lol: at his Hot Topic comment
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

I doubt he could do any worse than the Twilight movie honestly because there was so much left out of that and so much changed instead. I hope he learns from that :roll: :)
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

i still like the Twilight movie to be fair i mean i know i keep using this like some sort of excuse but Hardwicke had a limited budget and i was sad that soooo much was left out but i guess you can't include everything, although once again Mellissa Rosenburg :twisted: lol.
gah i just don't know oh well release date set and all now soooo in a year and a half we shall see :lol:
**TEAM EDWARD**
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

bored by the sea wrote:i still like the Twilight movie to be fair i mean i know i keep using this like some sort of excuse but Hardwicke had a limited budget and i was sad that soooo much was left out but i guess you can't include everything, although once again Mellissa Rosenburg :twisted: lol.
gah i just don't know oh well release date set and all now soooo in a year and a half we shall see :lol:
That's true but the one thing about it that really bothered me was that there was no cafeteria scenes of Edward and Bella having their lunch discussions and that was like the best part ! And I still am mad about how they never mentioned Jasper's power. :evil: :lol: :roll: But I can't wait either !
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

yeah i know i think thats why in New Moon when it shows Bella sat at "their" table people that haven't read the books don't really get the meaning/significance of it, i don't know i feel like Mellissa Rosenburg always misses out on how truly connected Bella and Edward are, like she always leaves out the parts of the book that show how close they are
**TEAM EDWARD**
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^I'm with you I liked the Twilight movie (I went in knowing things would have to be changed & left out & I think that really helped.) I just try not to think about the books while watching the movies & I can appreciate them for what they are : movies BASED on the novel. I

I've never seen any of BC's movies (just like all of the other directors) so I'm not sure what to expect. I did appreciate the letter he wrote to the fans (I was hoping that DS would do this too just like CW did.) But I just hope that he can do the book justice & try to be close to he book as possible (with SM as a producer I have hope that it will be as close as possible & things will be done well!) And I hope he undertands what he's getting himself into!!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Rae Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Rae Cullen »

I would have to agree too about the Twilight movie. There were so many things left out, but it will always have a special place in my heart where of course New Moon is and I am sure Eclipse and Breaking Dawn will be too. Although I think we will be okay about Bill Condon, I saw Dream Girls and it was a really good movie. But we will just have to wait and see on November 18th 2011!!!
"No one ever bets against Alice...except the wolves."Image Image
Melody
Learning to Love Green

Post by Melody »

I hope that he lives up to our high expectations, especially as it's the last book and the two last movies - people will probably hunt him down if he doesn't preform... me being one of them! :twisted: :lol:

Team Edward - because real men sparkle ;)
Trainee in "Emmetts Demolition Crew"
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

From what I have read so far, it seems like Bill Condon is doing well (AHEM, we will excuse the missing wedding ring now that it is back)
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
TeamBella76
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamBella76 »

I think this is what will make the Twilight movies even better. He get's actors and from articles he get's Kristen Stewart ! I'm very excited to see the final product and I honestly think fans will realize how great of a director he is after Breaking Dawn comes out.