Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by marielle »

I have contacted her publishing agency about the book that shall not be named... I wanted to know if there was any chance it would be released soon or if I could better read the manyscript...
They told me that in that moment the book wouldn't be released... they couldn't tell me when they would finish it but that it was on hold for now.

That was over a year ago...so I don't know what she is up to...
I think the year between the two parts needs to have something twilight in it or fans might loose their interest, especially if BD1 isn't as good as fans expecting it to be.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I know SM has said that she doesn't want to write it while everyone is expecting it, so the more we talk about it, especially publicly, the less likely she is to do it. ARRRRRRRRRRGH! It's so frustrating! I could kill the person who leaked it!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Yep me too....

still, I think she can better finish it before starting something new. There will always be questions about it until she finished it. if she want to be done with the vampire world than she better finish it...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Tornado wrote:
RebeccaCullen wrote:Honestly, saying that she does't think her readers aren't that bright is just me reading between the lines in interviews she`s done. If she thinks otherwise, that`s great, but I haven`t come across anything to support that.
I think that's more because of your perspective. I have never read an interview that she has given that gave me that impression, nor have I heard anyone else suggest that they thought she meant that. I think you might have been reading too much into it.
Like I said, that's how I see some of her answers in interviews I've come acroos.
Tornado wrote:
corona wrote:She was just so sure that we would love him.
Yes, I really don't get that. How she could think that we'd be okay (especially since most were Team Edward) with Jacob insulting Edward all the while, kissing Bella aggressively, and generally behaving like a so-and-so, especially when Bella then responds to it! I just don't get why it didn't occur to her that we wouldn't like that. I mean, most people didn't like him in New Moon, and his behaviour in Eclipse is worse! I guess she probably thought that, because he was trying to save Bella's life, we would appreciate that, but the mere fact that that meant taking her from Edward was never going to elicit that response from the the majority of people.
I've said it before, I started reading the books just before the first movie came out so I was never around when they first came out but there have been some fans I`ve talked to that say they liked Jacob from the very beginning. I mean, in TW he is kinda sweet and his crush on Bella is kinda cute, but when he transformed in NM that`s when, I think, his personality as a character started to change for the worst. It`s been a while since I`ve read it, but two of the biggest things that really turned me off from Jacob was when Alice returned in NM, he was a complete jerk to her and told Bella not to go to Italy to save Edward from making the mistake to kill himself because of a misunderstanding, and then when Bella came back from Italy and Jacob refused to take her calls and then ratter her out to Charlie about the bikes because she wasn`t going to to La Push to see him every day.

And as for the manuscript-that-shall-not-be-names, I wouldn`t have known about it had she not made a big deal about it and posted it on her website, and I`ve talked to a number of other people at a different TW website that have said almost the exact same thing. I just find it hard to side with her when she seems to have willingly given out the manuscipt to family and friends knowning and expecting that some fans weren`t going to like BD according to an MTV article I just recently saw that she did around the time that it was released.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

She gave it to people she trusted though, and I think that one of them betrayed her trust (that was the impression I got, anyway!). That would be hard to take.

Back on topic, I've really been enjoying the new clips and things around today. Looooooooove Jessica Stanley's snarky comment at the wedding!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

For the last week I have stopped watching all the clips to stay spoiler free but you are making me quite curious...
I wonder what Jess will say....

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Just use a little imagination and you'll probably work it out! ;)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I've been hearing from some people that apparently there will be voice overs for the wolves in some scenes. I have major doubts about whether or not this will work. What do you all think?
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Honestly, I think the only voiceovers that worked were the ones in NM when Bella was typing her emails to Alice. I'm not so sure how they'll work otherwise.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, whenever I imagine the wolves with voiceovers it seems very cartoony. I can't see it working.