Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by VolturiGirl »

I think it makes it more real now to see the faces of the actors with their appropriate eye color.
:twisted:
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

So much casting news recently!! So dang excited to see the newcomers. Except I do kind of wish they dragged it out more. These little news bits is what is helping me get my fix until we get the fun stuff like pictures & trailers.

Except we haven't heard who will play Nahuel or Huilen. And I want to know about J Jenks. I wonder when we'll hear their casting?
And with the Amazon coven they left out Kachiri. I hope they didn't cut her out. (Oh well I guess we should be happy almost every other vampire is still in the story. They didn't cut anyone or do combos like Jessica/Lauren & Ben/Eric.)

I have found on youtube some pretty amazing fanmade trailers or BD. I don't know if anyones interested so I haven't posted them. A few of them are AMAZING!! Let me know if you'd like the links to them. It is kind of fun to find that stuff.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Pennybug84~ Good catch on the missing casting of Kachiri and J. Jenks. I think the only other ones that haven’t been announced are the two housekeepers from Isle Esme, though I think we can assume they will be there. And hopefully one last hurrah for everyone else to show up to the wedding.

J. Jenks, however, seems to be the only one missing that represents, on his own, two entire scenes from the book. I could see how they could condense it down to one scene. I can also see them writing it out entirely if they are pressed for on-screen time, so they find some other way of getting the forged ID’s to Bella. I would be really, really disappointed if they did, though. Besides Charlie and Sue, this is Bella’s only interaction with humans after her change.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

They have started rehearsals...!!! I can't believe everything is starting again...
I really hope they will release some set pics along the way otherwise it will be a long wait until december next year
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

corona wrote:J. Jenks, however, seems to be the only one missing that represents, on his own, two entire scenes from the book. I could see how they could condense it down to one scene. I can also see them writing it out entirely if they are pressed for on-screen time, so they find some other way of getting the forged ID’s to Bella. I would be really, really disappointed if they did, though. Besides Charlie and Sue, this is Bella’s only interaction with humans after her change.
They had better NOT write him out. That would suck big time!! I really want to see that interaction between a vamp Bella & a human for the first time. I was hoping while reading BD that at some point she'd like run into Mike after her change but it didn't happen. So we really need J. Jenks. Even though it is kind of a small storyline it is still REALLY important!!

marielle I'm with you on set pics. Those pics are what gets me through & feeds my fix up until we get the official photos & trailers.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
NettieChesher
Settled in Forks

Post by NettieChesher »

I think the song Lullabyby the Dixie Chicks, would be great for the Breaking Dawn Sound Track. the first time I hear it after reading Breaking Dawn I thought it was perfect. It made me think of the wedding scene and the parts about the honeymoon. Especialy since it talks about forever not being long enough. Great song and great fit for what Im sure will be a great movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFOac8zybPE
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

So, here is a question concerning the biggest unresolved matter in BD, which is Bella’s mother, Renee. The last we hear from her in the book, Alice was predicting that she would be calling soon and Bella was practicing her “rough voice”, but then the book drops it right there.

Do you think the movie is going to try to provide at least some resolution with Renee, even if it is just a phone call?

I have a few other thoughts on the movie, with a few scenes slightly adjusted, and several “missing moments” that we know happened but is never witnessed first-hand in the book.

Alternative Scenes:

• Bella in her Ferrari. I don’t think there is even a scene where she actually sees it in BD. Bella gets ready for the trip to J. Jenks, heads to the garage, and dramatically pulls the cover off the car to the thumpin’ beat of heavy rock chords.
• The clearing of the Volturi tower. This might be more of a “missing moment”, as I always suspected Gianna (and others?) got it when the entire coven had to leave. SM, however, never confirms the actual time, as far as I know, so this remains an alternative scene.

Missing Moments:

• Already posted this here, but we need to see how Bella’s incision gets healed. You can’t show it and then not resolve it in the movie.
• Edward and his “sex” talks with brothers and Carlisle, pre-honeymoon. Already rumored to be in the script. Should be pretty funny.
• Edward and Renesmee. Major missing moment from BD; Edward holds Renesmee for the very first time after handing her off to Rosalie. Triumphant, highly emotional scene that never makes it into the book.
• Laurent, Irina, and Victoria. Some flashback scenes would be very helpful. Doubt that Victoria could be pulled back in, but it would be very nice if they could. Some explanation for Irina’s betrayal is in order.
• Jacob and Charlie. Jacob describes it pretty well, but a visual flashback to his phasing in front of Charlie would be sweet. Jacob takes Charlie into the forest and then starts stripping off his clothes. “Charlie, there’s something I need to show you, please step back a bit…”.
• The Cullen Family schism. We never get to see first-hand the division that takes place when Bella returns home, including the look of betrayal on Edward’s face as he realizes Bella intends to keep the child, but never told him. Imagine a scene where a distraught Edward approaches Bella, and Rosalie and Emmett move to stand in between them, with Emmett crossing his huge arms in front of him looking like a bouncer.

Any "missing moments" you would like to see in the movie?
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
pennybug84

Post by pennybug84 »

corona wrote: •Edward and his “sex” talks with brothers and Carlisle, pre-honeymoon. Already rumored to be in the script. Should be pretty funny.
•Edward and Renesmee. Major missing moment from BD; Edward holds Renesmee for the very first time after handing her off to Rosalie. Triumphant, highly emotional scene that never makes it into the book.
• Laurent, Irina, and Victoria. Some flashback scenes would be very helpful. Doubt that Victoria could be pulled back in, but it would be very nice if they could. Some explanation for Irina’s betrayal is in order.
•Jacob and Charlie. Jacob describes it pretty well, but a visual flashback to his phasing in front of Charlie would be sweet. Jacob takes Charlie into the forest and then starts stripping off his clothes. “Charlie, there’s something I need to show you, please step back a bit…”.
•The Cullen Family schism. We never get to see first-hand the division that takes place when Bella returns home, including the look of betrayal on Edward’s face as he realizes Bella intends to keep the child, but never told him. Imagine a scene where a distraught Edward approaches Bella, and Rosalie and Emmett move to stand in between them, with Emmett crossing his huge arms in front of him looking like a bouncer.

Any "missing moments" you would like to see in the movie?
The Edward sex talk would be funny. I didn't know it was already rumored to be there. I think it would also be funny if they showed something from his "bachelor party." Not the hunting but Jasper & Emmett giving him a hard time about getting married. I can really see them doing that. Teasing him & having fun. (One reason I think it would be fun to read BD from Edward's pov.)

And I love the other ones I've quoted. Those all would be great. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of them make it in since they do tend to show some stuff that's not in the book. Especially a flashback w/Laurent & Irina. It'd be a great way to show their story & why Irina was upset w/the Cullens in the first place. But I haven't heard Eddie Gathegi say anything about him being in BD.

If anyone is interested in what the audition process was like for Renesmee you can go here. It includes a video from a little girl named Tilly who obviously didn't get the part. (Though she is way cute.) Keep in mind the dialogue used isn't the official screenplay just a draft used for auditioning. But I bet it is pretty close so it will contain some *SPOILERS*. I may regret later watching it but, I loved it.
Last edited by pennybug84 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everybody...

just a notice before the mods do it...please make sure that when you post BD news, script specific news or possible spoilers make sure you either cover it up with the inv. button or that you announce that you be posting possible spoilers clearly...
I really don't mind about being spoiled, specially because it will be a year before release, but I'm sure there are a lot around who want to stay un-spoiled...

anyways back to the news...
the papzz finally found something usefull to do...and are sending us set pics...(not shooting yet but preparing)
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

marielle wrote:Hey everybody...

just a notice before the mods do it...please make sure that when you post BD news, script specific news or possible spoilers make sure you either cover it up with the inv. button or that you announce that you be posting possible spoilers
Marielle~ Apologies. Any script alterations or missing moments I brought up were based strictly upon my own desires, and not based upon any leaks or interviews. When I mentioned a scene that was “rumored” to be in the script, I misspoke and should have used the word “speculated” instead. There has absolutely been no confirmation of that scene being included in the movie.