Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by marielle »

Tornado wrote:reference to a bit of drama at the wedding, so I'm guessing that means either Jacob does lose it, or maybe it's a reference to Irina finding out that the wolves killed Laurent (which has to happen at some point).
I would be seriously angry and searching for my pitchfork when Edward is saying that after the confrontation with a freaking out Jacob... Edward would never be so blasé about it....it just wouldn't be right...

just 33 days left!!!!!!!!

I can't wait...

My cinema is doing a marathon after all... and I got my ticket,... I won't be able to be there early enough fot Twilight and I'm not sure if I can make it before they start with NM, but the other two I'm sure going to watch...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Yes, as I said at HH, I think after all that it's probably something relatively minor that Edward refers to at this point and then this leads into the more dramatic tensions.
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Ive got my cinema tickets booked - yay :D Just need to crack on with re-reading the book...
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

funkidiva wrote:Ive got my cinema tickets booked - yay :D Just need to crack on with re-reading the book...
Are you re-reading?... I don't even have time for that... I'm going to re-read the whole saga during christmas I think...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Lemme know how that reread goes because the last time I attempted to reread BD I got ticked off pages into the first chapter and wouldn't read any more.
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Im a couple of chapters in - just need to decide where to stop reading by guessing where they will end the first film...?
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

funkidiva,

Well, we know Bella's transformation starts in BD1, so it's a matter of whether or not you think they take it all the way through to at least when it ends and she opens her eyes.

In my opinion, the red-eye scene would be better saved for the opening of BD2. Start that movie off while Bella is still undergoing her change in order to build the suspense, then the red-eye scene, then the flip off the table.

So, that means BD1 will go up through the end of Jacob's part of the book, and then slightly past.

It's possible they still could show the red-eyes, though, if they wanted to, without actually doing the scene. Alice has her visions, and she knew the exact time of her awakening, so they could do it anyways as part of a vision.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

I imagine they will show Bella when she opens her eyes and they are red and end it there. My boyfriend has suggested it may end slightly earlier with Bella in the giving birth scene but dying and Edward tying to save her and ending it so you don't know whether Bella will survive or not. We shall have to wait and see...
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

My theory is it ends at the end of Jacob's book, at least going by book sections. So I think the last scene we'll see is Edward watching over Bella, and waiting to see if she survives. I think the logical choice then would be to start the second part up up Edward watching over Bella and we get flashes from her POV as the transformation ends and she wakes up and flips, cue opening credits, and then does the opening scene with the family in her book.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I think it's most likely that the first one will end with her opening her red eyes. Both SM and Wyck Godfrey have mentioned this, and it would be an impressive visual. Of course, they could still backtrack a little when they get to number two, especially since they'll have to recap a bit to remind the audience about the birth and the imprinting anyway, so we could get some of Edward sitting beside her at that point. However, it is distinctly possible that we might not get any of that at all, as not much happens at that point that is necessary to the story, so it could very well be ditched (although I hope they will at least insert a quick scene of Edward waiting with her).