Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by Suzan »

smitten_by_twilight wrote:I wonder if Demetri was shown chucking their receptionist against the wall just to emphasize their lack of regard for human life - not only do they live off humans, but they also kill them (wow, US) gratuitously.
Thanks for that piece of insight! I never realized she would be the receptionist, Gianna. Duh. I even looked her up in The Guide (still haven't finished reading it, damn.) and she fits the description perfectly: long dark hair, olive-toned skin. It even says that she was eventually killed by the Volturi and not turned, so maybe that's what is happening in that scene. I just wonder what led to her being killed and why Demetri is doing it by himself? Surely, Demetri can't be that upset with her for bringing a wedding invitation to Aro? Huh, I still don't get it.
GrayceM wrote:One other thing I noticed...where is Alice? She's supposed to be the maid of honor and she's not standing in front with Edward. Are they still not going to show how close Alice and Bella are??
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but Alice as the maid of honor would be walking down the aisle before Bella (so basically behind the camera in this shot) and then she would traditionally stand behind Bella during the ceremony which is on the opposite side of the aisle from Edward (which is outside of this shot). So, I think she is definitely there, especially after we got that still of her and Bella doing the wedding hair and make-up. We just don't get to see her in this trailer. We don't get to see Rosalie either, which makes me wonder if they are keeping them and the bridesmaids dresses as much a secret as The Dress. Anyway, it's just the teaser trailer right, so let's hope Alice will be in the full trailer.

I just can't get over the headboard scene. I've been having a terrible, terrible week but everytime I see that scene I just go :swoon: and everything seems a lot better. Pathetic, right? I think I might have watched it more than would be considered healthy behavior. And I noticed that right before it cuts to the next scene you can sort of see Robs head come up behind his shoulders and it looks like Kristen has her hand in his hair :swoon: . I thought that shot couldn't get any better, but that teeny-weeny detail just made it a thousand times better!! :swoon: How will I ever survive until November and how will I ever survive this movie??
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

That's very true. I hadn't thought about her being right outside the shot. Can anyone tell if you can make her out behind Bella? I just notIced in the big shot before it zooms in to show Edward and Carlisle...everyone is standing up because the bride comes in...and I can't see her in that shot. They may be protecting the whole bridal wedding party though.
I don't want them to cut out anymore Bella/Alice time, since they cut out the whole kidnapping storyline. The "angry grizzly bear" was one of my favorite lines in Eclipse. I understand why they did, just didn't like that they did it so thoroughly.

I know! My husband has already made plans for himself for the entire week the movie is released...LOL...little does he know, he's going with me. My stepson is reading Eclipse now. These little things are what makes the books so Passionate!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Suzan wrote:I just wonder what led to her being killed and why Demetri is doing it by himself?
Within the storyline, I don't get it either. This is kinda outside the book storyline so we don't have much to go on. For Demetri to throw her, rather than just bite and drain her, he might have been pretty angry, either at her (why?) or at somebody else that he couldn't safely show his anger at. Aro? Jane? Bella, because he couldn't kill her? :confused: Ah, the suspense ....
Suzan wrote:I just can't get over the headboard scene.... Pathetic, right? I think I might have watched it more than would be considered healthy behavior.
Suzan, if you look around, about the half the postings and comments and all, on more sites than the Lex, seem to be about the headboard - it was a great shot and it's a classic reference ("Well, there's an awful lot of headboard left") (gratuitous reference). It's just that some people are better at freeze frame than others (and thank you! :good: ). I think it indicates a different kind of good health ;) and I can say with a little modicum of authority that our collective emotional health will not deteriorate, as long as we remember reality v. fantasy.
GrayceeM wrote:I don't want them to cut out anymore Bella/Alice time, since they cut out the whole kidnapping storyline. The "angry grizzly bear" was one of my favorite lines in Eclipse.
I know just what you mean. I love Alice! I hope that Ashley has a biggish role this November, and an even bigger one in the next movie! It just seem so imbalanced to keep cutting her out - I know they have to cut a lot to keep the focus on Bella and Edward, but Bella loves Alice almost as much as she loves Edward. She really has to have a pretty significant role in BD2.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

PS Cool new signature, Suzan! I'm feeling inspired myself, we'll see if I cram in the time to get it done....
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
pyrosis
Learning to Love Green

Post by pyrosis »

what we didn't see at all so far is the pack(s). I hope they've found a good way to bring all the tension and esp. the telepahy to screen. I am pretty sure that they will cut a lot of that stuff out and prop. concentrate on the wedding, the honeymoon and the pregnancy but it would suck, if they'd left it out completly...
You know, Edward, as a brother you are sometimes a dissappointment

Oh, never mind! my less noble side exulted

Then the jokes about the world's only clumsy vampire would start

'Bout time someone scored around here
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

The cynical part of me would be happy if they kept the wolf pack screen time to a bare minimum because I'm not really fond of them. To be honest, that was a major factor of me not wanting to see Eclipse in theaters, the wolf pack was. And the whole triangle that Summit was trying to sell in the trailers was a complete turnoff for me.

The less cynical part of me kinda digs the tag they've got for this movie. Forever is just only the Beginning reminds me of the Forever. Begins. Now. tag for Twilight. I also love that the trailer focused mainly on Edward and Bella because up until I saw it, I wasn't planning on seeing it until it came on tv. After seeing the trailer though, I'm reconsidering.
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

pyrosis wrote:what we didn't see at all so far is the pack(s). I hope they've found a good way to bring all the tension and esp. the telepahy to screen.
I did notice that! Do you remember the pic of pack members in the Entertainment Weekly spread? Personally, I always hope to see every line in novels that I really love brought to the screen, but it never, ever, happens that way. It will be very interesting to see what they do with Jacob's POV. I suspect that it will be considered too disruptive to the storyline for the non-book-fan to switch POV, so they'll probably go with an omniscent POV like they have before (the nomads in Twilight, the brief clip of Edward in Brazil in New Moon, and the Seattle newborns in Eclipse). Also, the telepathy in Jacob's POV is (as far as I remember?) rarely critical to the storyline as telepathy. (He could have easily muttered about death and blood.) A lot of it brings in humor and elaborates character issues, and humor generally defuses tension, although it can be used to jack tension up and down. We'll see.
I would so love to see the dog dish exchange between Rosalie and Jacob (meaning no ill will to Nikki Reed!), but I really doubt they'll take that much time for it. I hope we get to see Alice's headaches! That wouldn't take much time and no special effects, and it would help set up BD2.
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

I actually liked the wolfpack storyline in BD, although it did take away from the Edward-Bella-Renesmee developments. I'm hoping the movie will bring the best of both worlds because it isn't stuck in a specific point of view like the books. But I think one of the reason that they didn't show the wolfs much could be that the CGI on the wolves isn't finished yet. We only saw one little glimpse of wolf-Jacob and they still have a couple of months to work on it. But I am sure they are not going to cut it out completely because it makes up half of the story in BD1. There wouldn't be a movie left if they cut it out.
smitten_by_twilight wrote:I would so love to see the dog dish exchange between Rosalie and Jacob (meaning no ill will to Nikki Reed!), but I really doubt they'll take that much time for it. I hope we get to see Alice's headaches! That wouldn't take much time and no special effects, and it would help set up BD2.
Me too! I thought I heard Nikki say something about that scene, but I can't remember when. Maybe it was before they shot it and she just said that she hoped it made the script?

Thanks, smitten_by_twilight for liking my banner. Yours is pretty good too! :D But I didn't do those screencaps myself, I have no idea how to do that as well. Here is were I found them, but they are basically all over the internet. If you scroll down, they have the whole trailer screencapped (is that even a word? LOL).
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I think it's possible that the woman Demetri throws is not Gianna, but her replacement. It's a different actress, and as we know that Gianna didn't make the cut, so to speak, it could be a completely different character. I do agree that Demetri probably just gets angry at her to show how little humans matter to the Volturi.
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Good catch, Tornado, I didn't see that it wasn't the same actress.