Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by Tornado »

Or maybe they'd just get the actors to do voice overs and use really growly voices!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Tornado wrote:Or maybe they'd just get the actors to do voice overs and use really growly voices!
this might be the best solution, I know Taylor talked about voice overs but I'm not sure if they can do it the whole part. I think the movie will loose it's momentum if they do that a lot.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I was joking Marielle. I think that voice overs with CGI wolves wouldn't work at all. They need to use live action with the actors to get the full range of emotions required. They won't be able to do that with CGI and voiceovers.
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

If the CGI is tastfully done then I think the telepathic wolf bits could work. They are in wolf form in the books alot when they are passing info back and forward amongst themselves so they should be in wolf form in the film when being telepathic. They could focus on close-ups of the head of a wolf, have his face showing different expressions whilst there is a voiceover stating what is being said. The next clip would be a close-up of the wolf head that the telepathy was aimed at, again showing expressions and emotions and a voiceover and so on.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

This could do this similar to the way they did in Eclipse, where they were training. They didn't have to show a lot. The scene where Seth and Leah both join can be done where you're only seeing one at a time, with only two wolves it wouldn't be confusing. Show Jake telling Seth to go home, and then when Leah joins, that part can be done in human form. They will probably cut out Leah's story so no need to show them hunting.

Are they still having problems with the CGI wolves? And has anyone heard about their progress with Renesme? I know that's what they were concerned with that which is why they are making us wait a whole year for the final...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I don't think they could do the CGI well enough to do them as wolves in scenes like when the pack splits. Maybe for minor scenes, like trying to make Seth go home, it might work. But with the level of emotion required during the split it just wouldn't work to have CGI wolves with voice overs. They have enough trouble doing the wolves at all without having to make them expressive enough to cover the full range of emotions the scene would require. It will have more effect if they just use the human actors.
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

I do not get to catch a lot of the interviews like I did before so I'll ask on here. Has anyone heard anything from anyone about the possibility of them telling Carlisle and Esme's story? Maybe that will be in the second part...but I wondered if they'll put that in that the venom can heal even serious injuries to the human body...
Just wondering...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

They asked Alice about hers and the answer was no to that, so I think it would be the same with Carlisle and Esme. While telling the stories of some of the new vampires that arrive might be significant to the plot of BD 2 (as a way of introducing them and their association with the Cullens) I don't think there's a chance that they'll go back and talk about Carlisle and Esme's story. I can't think of a way it would fit in without slowing down the pace of the film. We already know them, so they don't need to be introduced as such. Sure, it would be nice to see their story played out, but I can't see it happening.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I know this is a couple weeks late, but I can see them working in how Carlisle and Esme met by having say having Jacob asking if it's possible to save Bella after Renesmee is taken out of her, or something like that. It would be a lot easier to work that in compared to how Alice or Emmett were made because those two are irrelevant to the story in BD. I can kinda see them sitting around waiting for time to pass and having Emmett talking about how he came into the family, but where Alice doesn't remember her past, and it was James' video that prompted her to go looking, it would be a lot harder to work in.

GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

Especially since they haven't mentioned previously that Alice doesn't remember being human or that James recognized her. So much has been left out or changed to make Bella "stronger"! It makes me sick to think of the damage done to this beautiful love story. For me, most of her actions make her look cruel and my husband, who hasn't read the books, thinks very little of her morals after the Jacob kiss, no matter how much I try to explain. :banghead:

I could see Stephenie trying to get Emmett's story in when they talk about what to expect for hunting. Just a flash would be enough, but I'm sure with the trouble they already are having with CGI, creating a bear mauling Emmett probably isn't on their list. And I could see them telling Esme's story by having Jacob ask about it too.
I'm wondering what about the birth and immediately after they are going to show...The director said they were going to stay inside Bella's head for the birth. So how much going on outside the room and their efforts to revive her afterwards are we going to see? :worried:
I think that's one of the most heart pounding parts where both Edward and Jacob fighting so hard to save her life. Jacob to keep her alive and human, Edward just to keep her, human or not. The CPR scene alone is brutal. I can't imagine them not showing that.
Can't wait for Nov!
Grayce