Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bac
Mesmerized by her own Dr. Cullen

Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by bac »

A place to discuss all things Breaking Dawn Movie.
What are your initial thoughts on Breaking Dawn as a movie?
by Laniyeah on photobucket
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by GrayceM »

I think they Breaking Dawn as a movie is a must since they've made the others, but I think they will have a better chance at making the book "come to life" if they do two movies. They are going to have a tough time showing all the things that are internal, but with CGI and narration it should be able to be worked out.
They will also have a huge cast...think of all the new vampires...a lot of really tricky scenes that are more mature in nature.
The book doesn't exactly wrap up the all of the stories, even though Stephanie said "The End", so I'm wondering if they will close out the story for the movie.
Also, in keeping true to the story, the rating is probably going to disappoint a lot of folks. A big point to remember is that Edward is old-fashioned and though he can adapt to the situation, I don't think ya'll are going to get your big love scene. I know...everyone says more fight scenes, more sex/love scenes...more doesn't necessarily mean better. Sometimes it's just more. :roll: Don't get me wrong, I love a good sex scene as much as the next healthy woman but there's just some stories that it's not necessary to have that included. I feel like this is one of those since the Cullens have the ability to form attachments based on love...maybe it's just me...being a bit old fashioned myself. :oops:

Overall...I think that this is what everyone's waiting for. The resolution to the question of will Edward give in and turn Bella?
Grayce
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I think they can do the loves scenes very tame and tender, and still get a good reaction out of the audience. Now the birthing scene is one scene that I am really worried about.
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I think that the Jacob part could be trimmed down, and one movie could be made. From Jake's POV, it deal's with the pregnancy, and wolf politics. The latter of the two is relatively unimportant except for how/why Jake, Seth, and Leah initially leave Sam, the no-killing-of-another-wolf's-imprintee if the movie shows Jake imprinting.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Speaking of the wolves, I think the whole scene with Paul in Jake's house and at the beach with I think it's Quil or Embry would be very good.
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

About Isle Esme: I would want the love scene to be extended just a little bit. You can do a romantic and tasteful love scene, and still have the same rating as New Moon. Look at Remember Me. It has the same rating here in Norway as New Moon, and it does have a sex scene, done in a very "elegant" way. I mean, you don't need to show the whole thing to clue people in to what is going on, and giving people some understanding of what is happening between them.
SwanCullen wrote: Now the birthing scene is one scene that I am really worried about.
Me too. I don't know how they're going to pull that off without making it look like something out of a horror movie. But I guess they won't show the actual birth. Maybe just Bella holding Renesmee in her arms, and then Edward biting Bella and sealing her wounds afterwards.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

Dovrebanen wrote:About Isle Esme: I would want the love scene to be extended just a little bit. You can do a romantic and tasteful love scene, and still have the same rating as New Moon. Look at Remember Me. It has the same rating here in Norway as New Moon, and it does have a sex scene, done in a very "elegant" way. I mean, you don't need to show the whole thing to clue people in to what is going on, and giving people some understanding of what is happening between them.
Well said! Love scenes don't have to be graphic to be great.

SwanCullen wrote: Now the birthing scene is one scene that I am really worried about.
Me too. I don't know how they're going to pull that off without making it look like something out of a horror movie. But I guess they won't show the actual birth. Maybe just Bella holding Renesmee in her arms, and then Edward biting Bella and sealing her wounds afterwards.[/quote]

The part that worries me the most is when Rose first cuts Bella and then when Edward cuts her open.
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

Me too, it wasn't even that pleasant to read about..I don't really want to experience it at a movie theater watching on some huge screen :lol: I don't even think they should show Edward biting her...I think non-Twilight people will have a field day with that one :roll: And that one part would probably make a big difference in the rating. And if I can't go see it because it's rated R or something, I will die. :lol: but I think the director realizes that this is going out to younger people too so I hope they do a good job with it :)
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

What I am picturing is Bella going in and out of consciousness, things being blurry and the camera showing from her angle. So picture black like her eyes are closed, but still being able to hear...then eyes opening and we see some of the ceiling, maybe going blurry as she tries to look around and a brief glimpse of Edward or Rose with blood on them but like I said all blurred out...something along those lines, do that a couple of times all the while being able to hear everything...then a close up of Renesmee as Edward hands her to Bella then nothing but black as she passes out.

I also feel that may be where they end the movie if it's gonna be 2 parts.

Just what I have pictured them doing to keep it in the rating :)

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

TammyAZ wrote:What I am picturing is Bella going in and out of consciousness, things being blurry and the camera showing from her angle. So picture black like her eyes are closed, but still being able to hear...then eyes opening and we see some of the ceiling, maybe going blurry as she tries to look around and a brief glimpse of Edward or Rose with blood on them but like I said all blurred out...something along those lines, do that a couple of times all the while being able to hear everything...then a close up of Renesmee as Edward hands her to Bella then nothing but black as she passes out.

I also feel that may be where they end the movie if it's gonna be 2 parts.

Just what I have pictured them doing to keep it in the rating :)
I love that ! I hope they do it that way ! :D And if the movie would end there, it would be perfect ! :D