Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by corona »

RebeccaCullen wrote:Nope, but they managed to include Bella's dance with the, uh, Jacob. And then basically whitewashed the entire scene so Jacob, IMO, didn't look like a monster who hurt Bella when she told him she and Edward were having a normal honeymoon.
Sorry I'm so late with this comment.

I agree with you that there was some whitewashing going on with Jacob there, but he is a character that really needs it. It would be very interesting to see the full unadulterated Jacob onscreen.

However, even though they cleaned Jacob up some, they actually added something in that wasn't in the book. Jacob lets his mouth run on in the book, the most charitable interpretation at least. Otherwise, you could say he was putting a guilt trip on Bella with a lot of his "end of the line" type comments, this is the last I'll see you like this, I'll always remember you like this, blushing and two left feet, yada yada yada.

Bella doesn't call him out in the book, the only thing they argue about is the "real" honeymoon. She does call him out in the movie. That's probably meant to cut to the chase and summarize everything that was going on in the book. BUT, it's a big difference, there are very few times in the series they did that. So, I'd agree with Tornado, it was actually done pretty well, Jacob's gets a little bit of cleaning up, and Bella gets some words in with him that wasn't there originally.

And, they kept his howl in as they were leaving for the honeymoon. I thought that came off kind of creepy, which is how I took it in the book.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Tornado wrote:I'm not sure, but I think it says "behind the scenes" or maybe it's "jump to scenes" It does seem to be three words, rather than two.
That would make sense with the other link I posted. Oh well, guess I'm still wishing they would listen to the fans one of these times...I'll check it out from home.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Next month we will be getting the first trailer of BD 2!!! this will be shown before the Hunger Games...
I'm really looking forward to that... I wonder what they will show, will they already give away the plot of that part of the story?

will we see Renesmee? Bella as vampire or will it only focus on Alice's visions?
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hm, I haven't even really thought about the trailer yet! It's not far away, is it?
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Sorry for double posting, but I've done a fan reaction video to the first teaser trailer for BD Pt 2 in case anyone's interested. I thought the trailer was a little short, but since it's only March we should get another teaser before the official trailer is out, much the same as they did for the first movie.