Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Cullenfan
Settled in Forks

Re: Breaking Dawn Movie, Take 1

Post by Cullenfan »

So far in the UK all the dates have been given as November this year for part 1 and November 2012 for part 2.

I'm away to investigate before I get my hopes up here!!!!!
I run with the vampires!!!
I'm no Alice - your just predictable
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Thats not so good then. I think it was in the Vue magazine I picked up when I saw Eclipse at the cinema that said the 2 parts would be out in 2011. Now that I have to wait until November then a whole year for the second part is dissapointing. Talk about them dragging it out...
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

The first movie is out November 18, 2011. I think what you heard funkidiva is that most people are expecting/speculating that the first trailer will be released around May/June during Comic-Con or the MTV Movie Awards like they did for Twilight and New Moon. The second part will be out November 2012. The wait is excruciating...
I'm so excited for the bachelor party! :clap: Can't wait to see it. They went hunting, right? Does that mean we get to see Edward hunting before Bella's first hunt? :swoon: I hope they don't cut it during post production or at least let it be on the DVD deleted scenes please!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Cullenfan
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullenfan »

Awww so definelty November then, I'll just have to freak out at the trailer in May then :D

I love it when we get to see wee bits in the films that wernt in the book (Edward making the phone call from Brazil in New Moon was heartbreakingly brilliant!)

Anyone else looking forward to seeing something in Breaking Dawn thats not decribed much in the book?

Think I'm looking forward to the wedding ceremony and Esme Island the most, it's going to be so romantic!
I run with the vampires!!!
I'm no Alice - your just predictable
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Cullenfan wrote:Anyone else looking forward to seeing something in Breaking Dawn thats not decribed much in the book?
Number one on my list is the initial confrontation at the Cullen house when Edward realizes that Bella has decided to carry to term and has incorporated Rosalie’s assistance. We know it happens, but it isn’t described very well in the book and we only see the aftermath because the book cuts over to Jacob’s POV. I have no idea if the filmmakers are going to show that or not, but I hope they do.

The biggest no-brainer is showing additional family moments with Bella, Edward, and Nessie. This is mostly missing from the book, but is so easy to portray in the movie that I would be shocked if they don’t do it.

Here is another easy one: instead of Jacob telling us about his meeting with Charlie and then phasing in front of him, show it.

Finally, we miss out on a lot of what’s happening with Edward and Bella when Jacob leaves and heads downstairs for the imprinting scene. There is a huge amount of interest in how that is going to play out on the big screen, including what is going on while Bella is undergoing her transformation.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

corona wrote:Here is another easy one: instead of Jacob telling us about his meeting with Charlie and then phasing in front of him, show it.
I would love to see that one! Could you imagine the look on Charlie/Billy Burke's face :o :lol:
I want to see the scene where Irina goes to the Volturi to tell them about Renesmee, like we saw Edward going to them in NM. Or something with the wives in Volterra. Maybe that is what they were shooting here:

So this was posted on the Lex Blog Breaking Dawn Used Historic Theater to Shoot Unknown Scene. It's been rumored to be a flashback scene to Edward's life. But my first guess after seeing that pic was a scene with the Volturi. The balcony in the back looks, to me, so much like the one in the painting in NM. But I seem to remember that the Volturi was done shouting so maybe not. Unless they shot them in front of a green screen and they are using this theater as the background. Any other idea's about it?
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

corona wrote:Here is another easy one: instead of Jacob telling us about his meeting with Charlie and then phasing in front of him, show it.
I remember reading an interview w/Billy Burke what made it sound like we would see it instead of just hearing about it. I can try & find the article again if you would like.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
s-morgan
Settled in Forks

Post by s-morgan »

Cullenfan wrote:Awww so definelty November then, I'll just have to freak out at the trailer in May then :D

I love it when we get to see wee bits in the films that wernt in the book (Edward making the phone call from Brazil in New Moon was heartbreakingly brilliant!)

Anyone else looking forward to seeing something in Breaking Dawn thats not decribed much in the book?

Think I'm looking forward to the wedding ceremony and Esme Island the most, it's going to be so romantic!
Im looking forward to the honeymoon the most, and then to see what renesmee looks like :D
♥ ♡ Edward ♡ ♥ (Vote Team Edward!) TwiLIKE.co.uk
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

I just wonder how they will film the pregnancy with Renesmee breaking Bella's bones etc. CGI I suppose, like with the wolves. Will be interesting to see how its shown though plus the actual birth.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I can't believe there were pictures leaked and I MISSED them before Summit removed them from the internet. :banghead: