Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by Jazz Girl »

RebeccaCullen wrote: I doubt that Summit would change the title of the last two movies based on a book series. It's bound to just be Breaking Dawn Part 1 and Breaking Dawn Part 2.
Well, I'm looking at HP7 for guidance and it looks like they are just calling it HP & the Deathly Hallows 1 & 2. So, perhaps it will follow that example.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

marielle wrote:^^ yeah me too...I really don't like what MR has done to twilight and even New Moon (though it was much better) ...Eclipse was much much better....
I'm a bit more hopefull for BD...
I'm a lot more hopeful but also very worried for the same reason. After the epic awesomeness that was Eclipse, my expectations will be set super high for these last two movies. I just hope I'm not setting myself up for dissapointment.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
Volterrian
Wandering Through Town

Post by Volterrian »

One of my big concerns are Melissa Rosenberg script. Was it just me or did she try to kill Edward twice in the last two movies.. in scenes that she made up herself? If you have no clue what I mean, the fight with Felix in NM and where he gets double teamed in Eclipse. Granted both times she had Bella save his life but still, he is suppose to be a great fighter and your letting everyone kick him around.

The split between films will most logically end at the birth of Renesmee and the scenes following somewhat like what was written here.

Another concern of mine is the way they will tell Jacob's story if at all, but with Melissa Rosenberg odds are good, she seems to favor Jake.

That's why I would not like a fight scene, she would try to kill him again...
R.I.P - Jacob Black [Died August 2nd, 2008](Page 360, Book 2, Breaking Dawn)
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Volterrian wrote:One of my big concerns are Melissa Rosenberg script. Was it just me or did she try to kill Edward twice in the last two movies.. in scenes that she made up herself? If you have no clue what I mean, the fight with Felix in NM and where he gets double teamed in Eclipse. Granted both times she had Bella save his life but still, he is suppose to be a great fighter and your letting everyone kick him around.

The split between films will most logically end at the birth of Renesmee and the scenes following somewhat like what was written here.

Another concern of mine is the way they will tell Jacob's story if at all, but with Melissa Rosenberg odds are good, she seems to favor Jake.

That's why I would not like a fight scene, she would try to kill him again...

This has been one of the my biggest problems with New Moon and Eclipse. I hate that they aren't showing that Edward was very capable of fighting. He wasn't super strong, but he can read his opponent's mind and move out of their way. In the practice scene in Eclipse, Jasper (I think it's Jasper) even mentions how his mind reading ability helps him in a fight. It doesn't seem that way at all in the movies! Bella does try to help by scratching herself in Eclipse, but in the book, it was unnecessary because Seth was just pretending to be down. I don't like that they changed all of that in the movie...

Thank you Naureen!!
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

^^I couldn't agree more. Not only was Edward capable of reading minds, but he was also extremely fast. Both of which made him a very capable fighter.

Also, since they are writing these movies to try and get the general public's interest, they will add fight scenes into the Breaking Dawn movies I think. I'm not sure where (maybe Jake and Sam get into it; Bella training as a vampire; Volturri encounter), but for some reason I can see the Breaking Dawn book being changed a lot for this movie.
ImageImageImageImage
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Okay, I am afraid of that too, that they will make many (to many?) changes for the movie.

But, after seeing Eclipse, I have a bit more faith that MR will do a better job writing a script (I hope!!!)
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Having seen the drastic changes in between movies (from twilight to new moon, from new moon to eclipse), I don't think a writer would change her style that much between movies. Each movie has a different feel to it, with actors emotions and such. So, I'm wondering if the directors are changing the script to make it better, or if Melissa is actually changing her writing? I'm thinking the first thing, but I'm hoping the later. The only things that seem to remain constant through the movies are: Alice's lack of screen time, Edward being portrayed as a pansy, and Jacob getting a lot of "favoritism".
ImageImageImageImage
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Shoot, knowing MR, she will kill Edward in BD, not just try. :roll: I'm sick of her changing unnecessary things, altering Bella, Edward, and Jacob's personalities, and her thinking she's the best thing about this franchise when most fans want her fired. She better come to her senses for Breaking Dawn, but again, I'm not getting my hopes up. Maybe with Stephenie on board, everything will be the way it's suppose to be.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
MrOverseer
Settled in Forks

Post by MrOverseer »

Hello All,

I just re-watched Eclipse and I noticed that a lot of little lines were dropped that make Edward look decent in the movie. Some lines in the tent scene, like his having alice look to see if she could see if Bella was better off with him, just that he would do that shows he wants her happy.

I worry how they are gonna do Renesmee.. I mean they did great on the wolves but I am worried about a CGI and how will they explain the pregnancy and transformation taking 1 month from the wedding.
Team Alice - because Pixie Vampires ROCK!!!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Volterrian wrote:One of my big concerns are Melissa Rosenberg script. Was it just me or did she try to kill Edward twice in the last two movies.. in scenes that she made up herself? If you have no clue what I mean, the fight with Felix in NM and where he gets double teamed in Eclipse. Granted both times she had Bella save his life but still, he is suppose to be a great fighter and your letting everyone kick him around.
You know I have never looked at those scenes that way...but now you have pointed it out.....
Melissa is toast,...seriously...I really dropped my jaw when I realised what you said...

we know she has a thing for the puppy (sorry Jacob fans)...but I hope she really gives Edward the time to be the happy groom and loving husband he is in BD....
gamb1t wrote:Each movie has a different feel to it, with actors emotions and such. So, I'm wondering if the directors are changing the script to make it better, or if Melissa is actually changing her writing?
Yes they do.... I have read that Rob, Kristen and Chris Weitz have rewritten to breaking up scene in NM, because they thought it needed more emotion....we know they have added the cinema scene in NM...
And I have heard that Rob and Kristen have stepped up with additional scenes and writting for Eclipse as well...(but I'm not sure how much of that is true)...
but I think we can easily say that the director and actors are changing the script as they go along quite a bit....
DramaPrincezz013 wrote:I'm sick of her changing unnecessary things, altering Bella, Edward, and Jacob's personalities, and her thinking she's the best thing about this franchise when most fans want her fired
yeha me too......just write the story as it's supposed to be...not some flicker of bad imagination...
MrOverseer wrote:I worry how they are gonna do Renesmee.. I mean they did great on the wolves but I am worried about a CGI
After seeing what cgi can do in Alice in Wonderland I think they will be able to do a good Renesmee...
I just hope they use a real girl for the 3 months old Renesmee...I think that wouldn't be to difficult...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house