Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by bored by the sea »

hmmm Eclipse is sooooo good i kind of feel as though it has given me some sort of false hope that M.R. might pull one out of the bag for Breaking Dawn, although i still hate the fact that shes made Edward this constant miserable guy (when in the books he isn't he cracks a few jokes and is actually not that freaking sad/worrying all the time) and i still hate the Jacob biased she has. i definitely think that the awesomeness of Eclipse has got more to do with others parts/changes to the scripts.
gamb1t wrote:Having seen the drastic changes in between movies (from twilight to new moon, from new moon to eclipse), I don't think a writer would change her style that much between movies. Each movie has a different feel to it, with actors emotions and such. So, I'm wondering if the directors are changing the script to make it better, or if Melissa is actually changing her writing? I'm thinking the first thing, but I'm hoping the later. The only things that seem to remain constant through the movies are: Alice's lack of screen time, Edward being portrayed as a pansy, and Jacob getting a lot of "favoritism".
ditto!! lol, in think david slade most likely had a hand in tweeking the eclipse script, and from what ive read in the movie companion im really sure thats true, that guy completely understands what us fans wanted from the film.
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
LemonLegend
Settled in Forks

Post by LemonLegend »

1. I'm sorta worried about Breaking Dawn. I mean, 2 movies, come on!!!! We'll all probably forget what happened in the first part by the time the second comes out in theaters. I know my memories are not that good.
2. Would 2 movies in theaters mean 2 dvd's when it comes out on dvd? It would cost people more money, and in these times, do u really think spending more money would be a good idea?
3. Breaking dawn was my favorite book. My biggest concern is whether or not the movie will do the book justice. Like, for example, Bella and Renesmee. Will they be like the characters they are in the book? A hot, totally changed vampire girl for Bella? A sweet, beautiful child for Renesmee? Breaking dawn was the favorite of many fans. I'm positive they don't wanna be discouraged!!!!! UGH, AND ESPECIALLY BECAUSE IT'S THE LAST INSTALLMENT IN THE SAGA!!!!!!! :o

My suggestion- We should totally have kids/tweens direct the movies. They probably will interpret it better than adults! (no offense to all capable adult directors) :D :D :D
To get my username, I somehow managed to mix my favorite band, The Beatles, with my love for lemons. Get it, LemonLegend instead of LennonLegend??!!! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Yes, i'm a genius. Thank you, i'll be here all week.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

LemonLegend wrote:1. I'm sorta worried about Breaking Dawn. I mean, 2 movies, come on!!!! We'll all probably forget what happened in the first part by the time the second comes out in theaters. I know my memories are not that good.
2. Would 2 movies in theaters mean 2 dvd's when it comes out on dvd? It would cost people more money, and in these times, do u really think spending more money would be a good idea?
3. Breaking dawn was my favorite book. My biggest concern is whether or not the movie will do the book justice. Like, for example, Bella and Renesmee. Will they be like the characters they are in the book? A hot, totally changed vampire girl for Bella? A sweet, beautiful child for Renesmee? Breaking dawn was the favorite of many fans. I'm positive they don't wanna be discouraged!!!!! UGH, AND ESPECIALLY BECAUSE IT'S THE LAST INSTALLMENT IN THE SAGA!!!!!!! :o

My suggestion- We should totally have kids/tweens direct the movies. They probably will interpret it better than adults! (no offense to all capable adult directors) :D :D :D
:o honestly? seriously if BD is your favourite book why would you not want it to be 2 films (aside from the reasons you've listed :lol: ) at least with it being split they will hopefully miss out much less that is key to the story, and therefore not hacking up your favourite book. with the Renesmee thing well Stephenie Meyer has already hinted that she'd really rather a bit of her would be CGI, and as for Bella as a vampire im really excited for that itll be a new challenge for Kristen, although as for the way she'll look its just going to be tons more make up :lol: obviously just to make her pale and a bit vampy lol.
i dont kno i get your anxiousness, i felt the same way about Eclipse (thats my favourite book well joint with Twilight) but after all my angsting over it David Slade completely pulled it out of the bag.
gah oh and P.S. im actually going to shed tears at the end of all of this, the fan events/premieres that ive been to have all been once in a lifetime experiences.
**TEAM EDWARD**
LemonLegend
Settled in Forks

Post by LemonLegend »

Bored by the sea wrote-
:o honestly? seriously if BD is your favourite book why would you not want it to be 2 films (aside from the reasons you've listed :lol: ) at least with it being split they will hopefully miss out much less that is key to the story, and therefore not hacking up your favourite book. with the Renesmee thing well Stephenie Meyer has already hinted that she'd really rather a bit of her would be CGI, and as for Bella as a vampire im really excited for that itll be a new challenge for Kristen, although as for the way she'll look its just going to be tons more make up :lol: obviously just to make her pale and a bit vampy lol.
i dont kno i get your anxiousness, i felt the same way about Eclipse (thats my favourite book well joint with Twilight) but after all my angsting over it David Slade completely pulled it out of the bag.
gah oh and P.S. im actually going to shed tears at the end of all of this, the fan events/premieres that ive been to have all been once in a lifetime experiences.[/quote]
I wrote-
Well, i know i shouldn't be so worried, i guess i'm just really anxious about the movie coming out. I totally agree with the last part tho, after twilight is over i'll have to get a new addictive book to read 24/7!!!! :lol:
To get my username, I somehow managed to mix my favorite band, The Beatles, with my love for lemons. Get it, LemonLegend instead of LennonLegend??!!! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Yes, i'm a genius. Thank you, i'll be here all week.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

he he dude i totally get how you're feeling, i've felt anxious about EVERY film so far as i really do Love these books and im always worried what each director is going to do with my books :lol: i was the same before Twilight came out before new moon came out and even more so maybe with Eclipse, the anxiousness shall ease once we've seen some stuff (i hope :lol: )
**TEAM EDWARD**
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Im going to be really depressed when the last films come out, but maybe she will then have timeto write more books possibly?
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

A lot of poeple complained about alice's flashback at the end of New Moon (the movie), the one where she shows Aro Bella as a vampire. I heard a lot of people say it was badly done. This makes me worried about the upcoming movies, when Bella does become a vampire. How are they going to show the changes Bella mentions when she 1st opens her eyes to her immortal life? Like the extra colors she sees, etc. And as many of you have mentioned, there is the issue of Nessie and how they will depict a quickly growing half vampire/half human.

I also curious if the movie makers are going to make the end scenes (the confrontation with the Volturi) more action packed because they think viewers will want it that way? In the book, the atmosphere SM creatd was enough to have me sitting on the edge of my seat, dying to know what happened next. I don't know that filmmakers will see it that way and won't try to make it more "exciting".

Thank you Naureen!!
MiVidaLoca
Learning to Love Green

Post by MiVidaLoca »

I was one of the few that was disappointed with Eclipse. So I am worried for BD. Comparing Eclipse ONLY on the other 2 movies I thought it was good. But comparing it to the book, I was let down. I think the second part of BD has me less worried. By this time Bella has no feelings for Jacob in any sort of confusing way and is totally in love with Edward and Edward her so I don't think MR can screw that aspect up any more.
Although I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make the last scene with the Volturi with some fighting. It will for sure be interesting to see how they pull it all off though.

I am content with them making it 2 movies.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

MiVidaLoca wrote: was one of the few that was disappointed with Eclipse. So I am worried for BD. Comparing Eclipse ONLY on the other 2 movies I thought it was good. But comparing it to the book, I was let down.
I know what you mean...the movie on it's own was brilliant...they even had more from the book in it than I expected...
but I did miss a lot from the book...I was a bit sad that they had cut away so much...

for BD they have twice the movie time so I expect there is more from the book in it and that they don't go around inventing big fighting scenes that are so not in line with the peaceful character of the story...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

One of the reasons that the scene with the Volturi was so much more potent in the book is that there were many different tactics they attempted to get the witnesses to attack. None of those tactics worked and you get the sense that after Irina's cruel death that the others are questioning their choice to side with "justice". Since her only mistake was that she made a false claim against the Cullens the punishment is more extreme than anyone expects. It's not only because you are told that but you actually start to see the Volturi grasping at anything that will help their arguement have more affect.
Unless Condon and Summit pull some really crafty explaination scenes/flashbacks/memories into the first part of the second movie, or perhaps into Garrett's speach, no one is going to understand what is happening.
Hopefully, they will have Tanya and the other Denali clan at the wedding; including Irina showing how much it upsets her that the Cullens are still in alliance with the werewolves, and then explain why. This way there will not be so many "introductions" in the second part of the story. And it would also separate the Denali clan from the others so that the family relationship and kinship they have with the Cullens is more defined. It's what sets them apart from the other vampires in that they have the capacity to form bonds based on love. This is what makes Irina's death that much more tragic.
The issue is that MR has not introduced these character's previously and makes it that much more difficult to pull out of their hat on the final movie.
I feel better all the time that Stephenie is one of the Producers on BD. Maybe some of these big mistakes can be smoothed down a bit so that those who have not read the books (yes, there are still some) will not be left confused.
Grayce