Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by Tornado »

Yes, I agree with Rob. If he even thought about that he would probably spontaneously combust!
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Another puzzle to ponder, from the Lex Blog, TL interview describing his last TW shot ever:

“In my last scene in Breaking Dawn, Bella has just died and I run outside and crumple to the ground and just lose it. I’m bawling. That was my last scene of Twilight ever and I definitely had some extra motivation.”

Ooh, so he does run directly outside before imprinting. I'll wait for the movie , not much point in theorizing anymore, but here's another piece of evidence that the timing of events is being changed.

I'm not going to begrudge Jacob his grief, but I hope they cut back to Edward during his finest moments.

BTW, Rob confirmed on another interview that the hypo needle is definitely in.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, I was glad to hear the needle was in too. There seems to have been a lot of talk about Rob being at his finest when playing Edward as Bella is dying, so I'm hopeful we'll get a lot of that.
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

I just watched the "I'm Late" clip from BD on Youtube (link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovkHbbhWXsU) and I'm concerned about how they portrayed Bella's pregnancy in it. The first 50 seconds of the clip are fine but near the end, when Bella says "whoaa" and seems to feel Renesmee moving, her stomach looks completely flat. She doesn't look pregnant at all whereas in the book, it says she has a definite bump at this point: "a small but defined bump sticking out between my hips" (BD, ch. 7).
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, Rob commented on that himself on Jimmy Fallon! Personally, I don't think it's a big deal. Some women don't show much early on. It was probably too much for them to put a prosthetic bump on that early. She could still feel something distinctly different in that point of her body without a bump. In the book Bella also notices how rock hard it is. That would be enough to attract your attention. And the nudge from inside would certainly attract your attention!
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Tornado wrote:Yes, Rob commented on that himself on Jimmy Fallon! Personally, I don't think it's a big deal. Some women don't show much early on. It was probably too much for them to put a prosthetic bump on that early. She could still feel something distinctly different in that point of her body without a bump. In the book Bella also notices how rock hard it is. That would be enough to attract your attention. And the nudge from inside would certainly attract your attention!
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't get too hung-up over the finer details. It was just my first impression of the scene.

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Tornado wrote:Yes, Rob commented on that himself on Jimmy Fallon! Personally, I don't think it's a big deal. Some women don't show much early on. It was probably too much for them to put a prosthetic bump on that early. She could still feel something distinctly different in that point of her body without a bump. In the book Bella also notices how rock hard it is. That would be enough to attract your attention. And the nudge from inside would certainly attract your attention!
Yeah, I guess I shouldn't get too hung-up over the finer details. It was just my first impression of the scene.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Just saw the 'hurt my family' clip. Not happy with it. Didn't like the acting (surprising since it's Rob. Hopefully it works better with the full scene). Didn't think the wolves worked. I didn't like the fact that they overcame all of them so quickly. I know they haven't fed in a while, but that felt completely wrong. Not a good sign. It's the first clip, apart from the clip with Jacob, Carlisle and Esme, that I haven't liked. It has made me grow a bit more cautious about seeing it tomorrow.
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Obviously I can't say too much about this, Tornado, since I've already seen the movie, but I will say that those clips are completely taken out of context. I wasn't too thrilled about the clip with Jacob, Carlisle and Esmee either, but in the movie Jacob's lines make more sense because of the scene before that... And I can't tell you why the "hurt my family" clip works, because that would be too much spoilers... Ugh this is frustrating, because I want to explain, but I can't. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is: wait for the movie, it will make more sense.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

From what I have happened to hear at this point, I'm becoming less and less impressed with the movie, and it may be to early to say, but I'm starting to not look forward to purchasing the dvd.