Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Worried about Breaking Dawn?

Post by Tornado »

In most franchises I understand why makeup and hair changes between films. It's not always bad that they do, but with this one, the vampire skin tone shouldn't really change that much, and since their hair can't grow that shouldn't change either. This is one of the few franchises where changes like that do make a significant difference, because the characters are meant to be not ageing or changing physically in any way.
Emmettroselover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Emmettroselover »

RebeccaCullen wrote: I know Rob shaved his head after the promotional tour for TW and that's why his hair was shorter in the next NM. [/color]
Rob's hair actually grew back really fast which is why when everyone was freaking out about it, he was just laughing it off. They have changed Edward's hair because they want to, not because of Rob. A lot of people were not fond of his hair in Twilight, including Rob, who joked about it, so they toned it down as far as the flip it had in the front. In each film, something is different, which makes no sense because he does not have to wear a wig or anything.

I understood why Emmett's hair was not curly even though it irked me. Kellan's role in Generation Kill was the cause of that since he had to cut off his curls, but here is my thing, they keep changing his hair in each film anyways so why not just let it be curly again? They ruined Jasper's hair in New Moon so would it have been so bad to have Kellan grow out his hair again so he can look more like Emmett? In the new stills, you can tell his hair is completely different and it is obvious in each film that there are tons of changes.

Continuity is certainly important, not just in hair and makeup, but in general with any movie. There are films where it is not as big of a deal as far as appearance because the characters are allowed to grow and change, but in this franchise, it should certainly be taken more seriously than it has been. Continuity went out the window a long time ago.

I agree about the scores as well, but the good news is that Carter Burwell will be back for the last two films so hopefully we will get some sense of continuity in the themes and with any luck he can tie it back into the themes used in Twilight, which was the best score IMO. HP did an amazing job with that, no matter who was working on the films, they always tried to keep familiar themes of music. It can be done, so I do not know why the films for the saga are treated like it is impossible to keep some sense of consistency in general.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I remember Bill Condon saying somewhere that Bella's Lullaby is back in!
Emmettroselover

Yes, he mentioned that a couple of times at Comic Con in interviews! He said he was excited to work with Burwell and hoped to integrate things that were touched on in Twilight because he really liked how Hardwicke handled the film and the music. He wanted to bring back some of the themes used and was happy to have Burwell on board. Plus, he said a member of the cast will be on the soundtrack. I am hoping it is Rob because while I love Jackson, I get way more excited for Rob's soulful voice. I loved both of the songs on the Twilight soundtrack and really hope he contributes to it. It would definitely bring the saga full circle, bringing back elements from the first film.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I know that Rob said in the MTV interview that he didn't sing on set (although he does play the piano in one scene), I don't know if he meant that to be taken that he won't be on the soundtrack. Maybe not, although I'm not sure if he was ever really happy with his music being used on the Twilight soundtrack, and since a lot of fans have been requesting 100 Monkeys, I think it's more likely to be them. But maybe we'll be lucky and get both! :)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

True, but he didn't sing on the set of Twilight, either. His songs ended up in the film after the fact (and thank the gods for that!) I'd love to hear 100Monkeys on the soundtrack if only because I absolutely love them. Though, I'm not sure how well their sound fits with the vibe of the movie. But, we at least know for sure that Rob is playing the piano. We've had confirmation of that for months.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Emmettroselover

Yes at least we know he plays the piano in the film, which sounds very promising. Rob not playing on set really does not give us anything to go off of as far as if he will be on the soundtrack. Condon already mentioned he would start on the soundtrack and score after Comic Con so there is still hope that they can persuade Rob to tune into his musical side again. Plus, we always have Part 2. At this point, I think it could go either way as far as Rob being on the soundtrack for Part 1 or not and as for 100 Monkeys, I agree. They are a cool band, but I am not sure how their sound will translate into Breaking Dawn. All we know now is that a member of the cast will make an appearance on the soundtrack and it is pretty clear that Condon wants it to be a surprise.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It would be nice if it's Rob.
Emmettroselover

Well it is official ladies and gents. For anyone who is interested, here is the official announcement from Twilight's twitter about the premiere...
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN - PART 1 World Premiere will be at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on November 14
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Wish I could be there!