Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

The Breaking Dawn (I) Trailer!

Post by December »

Seen it? (Presumably).

Loved it? Hated it? Excited about it? Worried by it? Here's a thread where you can share your hopes and fears and just plain squeee.
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Breaking Dawn (I) Trailer!

Post by Jacobs-girl »

I have to say that I really enjoyed it. It just made me want more! It was great seeing all the reactions to the wedding invitation and I loved the scene of Bella walking up the aisle. Would like to see her dress though but I guess they're keeping that a surprise until the actual movie!
Honeymoon scenes look pretty hot and the headboard breaking on the bed made me laugh. :D No feathers shown though! I don't know how they're going to keep this PG-13...
One quibble: when we see Bella's baby bump at the end and Renesmee kicks, her stomach looks really flat. Did anyone else notice this? I know it's fantasy (obviously) but she does not look pregnant enough to be able to feel a kick that strong IMO and anyway, in the book Bella's bump grows very quickly. Just doesn't seem very 'realistic' (as far as a vampiric world can be realistic, lol!) in the trailer.

Anyway, just a few thoughts. Look forward to everyone else's reactions.
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Loved it too generally. Fave part? See my new banner ;)

Jacobs-girl, I agree that Bella couldn't feel a human baby kick at that size ... But I thought it was reasonable to feel a dense, strong, rock-hard baby roll over. It is canon, and a lot of the pregnancy timeline is, to say the least, wierd.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I agree that the bump should have been a bit more defined, but considering how strong the baby is, it's probably not unreasonable that she could kick that hard before she is big enough to be a bump! What's more, being a movie (a visual medium) making it obvious with a big kick was probably more desirable.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

This trailer has me reconsidering not seeing the movie after the disaster known as Eclipse. What sold me was the lack of Jacob in it. Yeah, yeah, he was there in two scenes, but that's just it, it was two scenes, the rest of the trailer focused on Bella and Edward.

*sigh* The headboard breaking, and the kiss in the streets of Rio are kinda making me all kinds of happy.

This kinda has me hoping that the movie, at least part 1, gives the focus back to Edward, Bella, and the unexpected pregnancy.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Rebecca, I too, am getting pretty confident that BD might be good. I know that Rob has been quoted as saying that he liked filming all the honeymoon stuff because there was so much of Bella and Edward just being together and being happy, like a normal couple. That certainly sounds good to me! My only concern is that they'll put in too much tension between them during the pregnancy.
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I loved it! I was only dissapointed in the fact that we didn't see any of the Cullen's (I am not counting Edward. We did see Carlisle and Esme for a second) but I can't wait to see the full trailer!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

smitten_by_twilight wrote:Loved it too generally. Fave part? See my new banner ;)

Jacobs-girl, I agree that Bella couldn't feel a human baby kick at that size ... But I thought it was reasonable to feel a dense, strong, rock-hard baby roll over. It is canon, and a lot of the pregnancy timeline is, to say the least, wierd.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Yeah, I agree. I guess it's probably best not to get too hung up over 'reality' when it comes to talking about Twilight, lol. :)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Jacobs-girl

Post by Jacobs-girl »

RebeccaCullen wrote:This trailer has me reconsidering not seeing the movie after the disaster known as Eclipse. What sold me was the lack of Jacob in it. Yeah, yeah, he was there in two scenes, but that's just it, it was two scenes, the rest of the trailer focused on Bella and Edward.
This might be off-topic (we'd better move to the Eclipse forum) but I'm curious as to why you thought Eclipse was a disaster? I liked it better than either Twilight or New Moon and I actually think it's the best one so far....certainly the one with the most suspense + romance.

Aww, am I the only person who feels bad for Jacob? :)

RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Jacobs-girl wrote:
RebeccaCullen wrote:This trailer has me reconsidering not seeing the movie after the disaster known as Eclipse. What sold me was the lack of Jacob in it. Yeah, yeah, he was there in two scenes, but that's just it, it was two scenes, the rest of the trailer focused on Bella and Edward.
This might be off-topic (we'd better move to the Eclipse forum) but I'm curious as to why you thought Eclipse was a disaster? I liked it better than either Twilight or New Moon and I actually think it's the best one so far....certainly the one with the most suspense + romance.

Aww, am I the only person who feels bad for Jacob? :)
If you like Jacob, you might not like my reasoning for thinking Eclipse was a disaster.

By the time the movie had come out, the marketing had brought my annoyance with Jacob to a whole new level, there were a handful of scenes in the movie that I wasn't too impressed with because of their obvious favoritism towards Jacob and I felt that by that point, the Bella/Edward romance that should've been important was being overshadowed by Jacob. While the blue filters from Twilight annoy me, it's not at the level that Eclipse and Jacob are at.