Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: The Breaking Dawn (I) Trailer!

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I woulda set up the camera on the laptop I'm on when I watched it, but I was feeling angry at the time and didn't bother. Plus I really didn't react to seeing it so the video woulda been like three minutes of me looking boredly at the screen.

I thought it was far superior then the stuff Summit did for EC, and slightly better then NM but at this point it's still not enough to make me wanna see it in theaters. It does, however, make my decision to buy it on DVD a little bit easier.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Here's the link to my fan reaction video if any of you want to see it. It's not all that exciting, but hey, I'm a geek!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6yOXaPCeSA
Emmettroselover
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Emmettroselover »

I think my expectations are so low due to the disappoint with EC that I was happy with the new trailer. I thought it was great and gave us just enough without giving away too much. It was balanced. It had Edward and Bella moments, Jacob, the Cullens, and even gave us new tidbits like how Bella looked while pregnant and the new action added with the wolves. I was pleasantly surprised, but like I said, I am not holding BD up to high standards. I have given up on Summit, MR, and them actually doing the films justice, so now I am just enjoying what we have. With EC, it did not seem like much, but maybe Condon truly will change things and make BD 1 and 2 the best films yet. Do I think it will be better than Twilight IMO? No, but if the trailer is any indication then they might be my second faves for the films. Who knows, Condon might surprise me even more.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I'm hopeful that it will be good, although I am trying not to get my hopes up too high.
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

I liked the trailer. I've only seen it once so far so these are very much my first impressions but I think that, overall, it looks pretty good. Apart from Carlisle's hair of course. What did they do to his beautiful hair?

I love the vows - Rob/Edward and Kristen/Bella sound so fervent and make it sound so real, as if they are really declaring their eternal love for each other and not just acting. The goodbye scene with Jacob looks intense; the way it should be. I'll probably be blinking back tears in that scene when I see it in the full movie!

Overall, not a bad trailer at all. :)
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
SwanCullen
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by SwanCullen »

I LOVED it! I think though yet AGAIN they have screwed up with the hair. I mean, Carlisle, Jasper, and Alice look so odd to me. I think they made Kristen to look even better than I thought. She looks really like she is dying while she is pregnant, so they did GREAT!
:grin: Proud HalfwayHouse Sister :grin:
Seasons Of Love-A Rosalie/ Emmett story
clpviolet
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by clpviolet »

I just saw the new trailer, yay!! lol I think the movie is going to be awesome I didn't notice the hair and stuff I was mostly paying attention to what parts of the story they put into the movie. hope that a two parter does the story justice like it did Harry potter lol!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
"You put your arms around me and I'm home" Christina Perri - Arms
vampireheart
Settled in Forks

Post by vampireheart »

Does anyone know the music playing in the trailer?
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

This was a great trailer! :clap: Much better than the others. I watched it twice the first time and then saw it again yesterday. Yes, the hair is terrible! I too wish they would have left it alone or at least, used the same wigs, but the acting is A+. Jacob crying... FEATHERS :swoon: ... Bella so breathtaking at the wedding and Charlie's assurance that he'd never let her fall... Edward terrified for Bella... Carlisle telling her she won't live through the delivery... Jacob yelling, "You kill her, you kill me!"...Edward catching her as she falls... Charlie crying... Just wonderful!
I thought the wolves looked good too. I never noticed, and you'll pardon the pun, how big and sharp their teeth are. Yes, it went through my mind..."My what big teeth you have"... ;)

I have to tell ya'll. I haven't let my husband or kids see this new one yet. My husband will just have to be surprised because he hasn't even thought about reading the books. But, I was watching this on the laptop through the headset instead of throught the speakers. My husband only caught a glimpse of it and he dreamed about Edward. He wouldn't tell me everything about the dream, only that he dreamed he was female and Edward came to pick him up. :lol: I promised him I'd only tell ya'll on here where my real name isn't listed... :roll: but I thought it was hilarious.
Grayce
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

:lol: GrayceM, that's hilarious! Don't worry, tell your husband we won't tell! ;)

vampireheart - I'm not sure about the music. Try Google. I think I did see it mentioned on a site somewhere, but I can't remember where. Maybe twifans?