Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: The Breaking Dawn (I) Trailer!

Post by GrayceM »

That's a good question about the music. I can't wait to see Rob playing Renesmee's lullaby! I hope it has some resonance of Bella's which I thought was a beautiful piece.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Yes, I've missed Carter Burwell. His music was the best this saga has had. I'm so glad he's back.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

The trailer....

jeez... It was good... it did show the things I wanted to see, so that I could make a proper opinion...

I hated the Jacob/Bella wedding scene... actually the trailer was cut so that I hated the whole wedding scene... Edward is shown as a cold calculated man that had finally won what he wanted... while they made Jacob into the passionate lover...it's like the makers can't accept that a vampire can be passionate as well...I really hope in the whole movie it will be better balanced...

I loved the Charlie moments... they look so good and it gives me a lot of hope for the scene where Charlie meets Renesmee...

I hated Carlisle's hair in that scene with Bella...it looked like a bleach gone bad...though during the wedding the hair looked good so I'm thinking the bad hair is a result of Carlisle feeling the stress of Bella's pregnancy...
also the glimps of hair on Alice, Emmett and Jasper weren't that good... I thought they looked a bit off...

Bella looked good... the nervous bride, the happy bride, the sexy woman between the feather to the sick and dieing look of her pregnancy... I didn't know they could make Kristen look that bad...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

marielle, I disagree with you over Edward. I thought his smile on sight of Bella was genuine and warm, and I loved the look on his face when she said, "As long as we both shall live". And they looked like such a normal, happy couple when they left the wedding.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Tornado wrote:marielle, I disagree with you over Edward. I thought his smile on sight of Bella was genuine and warm, and I loved the look on his face when she said, "As long as we both shall live". And they looked like such a normal, happy couple when they left the wedding.
I know many won't agree with me on it... I'm hopeful that I'm wrong and you are all right...
I did see a glimps of a happy smile at the end but to mee it looked too stiff... but I think it's just the cut of the trailer (at least I hope so)...
as always we just have to wait and see I guess,.,,
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

marielle, I also think that E's smile when Bella says "as long as we both shall live" looks very genuine, it looks to me like a slow small smile, suggestive of the private aspect of that line that only a few wedding guests understand, that they plan to live as close to forever as they can. Plus, I always remember that vampiric hesitation about smiling too broadly, in case it looks too predatory to the humans.

It's hard to act the role of a modern vampire - it must have been easier when they were creepy undead things. Everyone does pretty well, and Rob seems to work really hard at nailing it.
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, it's not a good thing for them to smile too widely. And then there's the whole not moving very much thing. I know Rob's been criticised for portraying Edward that way, but that's the way he and the other vampires are supposed to be played.
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Tornado wrote:marielle, I disagree with you over Edward. I thought his smile on sight of Bella was genuine and warm, and I loved the look on his face when she said, "As long as we both shall live". And they looked like such a normal, happy couple when they left the wedding.
I agree with your view, Tornado. I love his smile at that part of the wedding vows. My impression of his expression at that particular moment is that he looks very proud of Bella and very happy.

I also think that the tone of his voice when he spoke the wedding vows is fervent and genuine... "I, Edward Cullen, take you, Bella Swan...." :swoon:
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Although one thing about that will annoy me. He should be saying "Isabella". It's their wedding, so he should be using her full name.
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

Yes, you're right. It's going to annoy me too!
It definitely should be "I, Edward Anthony Masen Cullen, take you, Isabella Marie Swan..."
That sounds a lot more formal and 'wedding-y'. I know that some people do use their first names/nicknames in their wedding vows but as Edward and Bella's wedding is formal, it's more appropriate to use their full names.
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)