Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Bella's Wedding Dress

Post by Alphie »

We've had a request for a thread to discuss Bella's wedding dress as it might appear in the film. We've seen her veil in the trailer, which was classic and minimalism in style. Based on the veil, the book description, and the fact that the designer is Carolina Herrera, what do you expect Bella's dress to look like?
Hysteria
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Bella's Wedding Dress

Post by Hysteria »

I think Bella’s dress will have an Edwardian look; very elegant and sleek, I think the dress will be quite similar to how Stephenie described it in the book, I can picture a white satin long flowing design with maybe a little lace on the wrists of the long sleeves and the train gliding along as she walks around, the bodice could possibly be a bit of a tighter shape than the one pictured in the illustrated guide from seeing a glimpse in the trailer, I don’t think there’ll be any diamond detail in the design, maybe if the dress had a belt there might be a few sparkles on the belt design just to modernize it a little, but I think it’ll just be a plain graceful look.

I’ve seen a few Carolina Herrera designs they have that classic feel to them perfect for Bella. From seeing the veil and hair clip in the trailer I think the dress will be beautiful, I just can’t wait until 18th November to see how the dress turns out :D
Team Carlisle~Patient
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I still can't imagine Bella's wedding dress...
I have been looking at Herrera's designs and at wedding dresses from the early 1900 but any form of picture eludes me...

When I read the book I imagined a more Victorian style dress but i think it will be a bit more modern, sleek and with modern fabrics...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

I think it will be a classic timeless style but with a little modern twist. I think it needs to be quite a slim fit because Kristen/Bella is fairly petite and having a huge 'meringue-style' dress, like some brides do, would look silly on her. She'll wear a beautiful veil (I think we saw that in the trailer -- doesn't she have a tiara and a veil?) and we know the dress won't be a strappy or strapless one because I saw a glimpse of sleeves in the trailer. The illustration in the Illustrated Guide matches my thoughts on the dress perfectly. Until now, I hadn't really looked closely at the picture but now that I have, I think the dress is exactly the right kind of style for Bella. Can't wait until the movie!
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
Violet Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Violet Sunlight »

I thought Bella's wedding dress looked gorgeous on her. It was so close to the book and the guide.

I am very well pleased. :D

I also, thought the wedding dress from her dream looked good too.

Of course, the wedding dress for the real wedding was perfection and trumped the one from the dream. ;)

And even her shoes and accessories were perfect too. :D

Just beautiful. :clap:
Jacobs-girl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jacobs-girl »

I agree with you, Violet Sunlight. The shoes were great: I loved the moment near the beginning of the movie when Bella is mildly protesting about wearing them!
"You want a nice stereo? Drive your own car"" (Bella, New Moon, ch. 1)

"They’re just cliff diving, Bella. Recreation. La Push doesn’t have a mall, you know" (Jacob, New Moon, ch. 7)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I really loved the dress... the lace and the neck-line... the length it was beautiful....
I really thought that Miss Middleton would have wanted that dress...
I really loved the sleeves and the back, the lace on it was beautiful..
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I liked the real dress better than the nightmare dress. The real dress was what I wanted to see worn, and I was surprised it looked how I wanted it to becuase the engagment ring Bella got in Eclipse looked nothing like I imagined.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Apparently the Bella-wedding dress will be for sale... the design of the dress will be sold in stores...
I'm sure it will be really expensive but were I to get married I would have wanted that dress... (and maybe Kris's slim figure)

Kjminame
Settled in Forks

Post by Kjminame »

I loved Bella's wedding dress. I must admit however that at first I was a little on the fence about it, not really sure what to think. But as she made her way slowly down the petal strewn isle - when I was able to look it over fully - I thought it was absolutely perfect. It fit her petite figure nicely and flowed just right on her. It felt right for the time period it was supposed to be from. I also really loved the clear lace and the design on the back of the dress. I thought that nice touch was just gorgeous. I'm not so sure that it was accurate with the early 1900s, but it gave us a little feel of the present, which was great. Overall, I thought the dress was amazing and unique. Much like the bride wearing it. :D