Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Breaking Dawn the Movie- I liked it!

Post by cullengirl »

Give us your constructive criticism of the movie. This is not a discussion thread, it's a review thread. Please be respectful of other's opinions.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
TwilightDawn
Settled in Forks

Re: Breaking Dawn the Movie- I liked it!

Post by TwilightDawn »

i really liked the movie alot. it was really well made and the director did a good job

the only thing i didnt like was...

gotta wait till next november for part 2 -_-
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Yes, I think I should be in this category... I loved the movie.
It was better than the other 3. they stayed closer to the story and the scenes they did change or added... really added something to the movie or story...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Loved it!!!

I saw the movie yesterday at 7pm (advanced screening) and then again at midnight.

There is so much to comment on and I don't have much of a brain because I'm running on little sleep, so I'll just stick to a few highlights:

I was pleasantly surprised by all the comedic elements. I appreciated that so much. I loved the Wedding Toasts! Hilarious!!I laughed so hard! Jessica was the funniest because I wasn't expecting it. Charlie - hilarious! Then Renee with the lullabye??? Classic Twilight Quirkiness. Another funny bit - playing chess to avoid sex. (I'm never going to think of chess in the same way) Then Bella parading around in lingerie!

I loved seeing all the clips of the other three Twilight movies in Bella's mind as she was transforming. Really beautiful, and a great tribute to the other directors.

I've already commented on the Special Effects thread that I loved the graphics showing the venom rushing through Bella's system.

That's all for now!
TwilightDawn
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightDawn »

Susie wrote:Loved it!!!

I saw the movie yesterday at 7pm (advanced screening) and then again at midnight.

There is so much to comment on and I don't have much of a brain because I'm running on little sleep, so I'll just stick to a few highlights:

I was pleasantly surprised by all the comedic elements. I appreciated that so much. I loved the Wedding Toasts! Hilarious!!I laughed so hard! Jessica was the funniest because I wasn't expecting it. Charlie - hilarious! Then Renee with the lullabye??? Classic Twilight Quirkiness. Another funny bit - playing chess to avoid sex. (I'm never going to think of chess in the same way) Then Bella parading around in lingerie!

I loved seeing all the clips of the other three Twilight movies in Bella's mind as she was transforming. Really beautiful, and a great tribute to the other directors.

I've already commented on the Special Effects thread that I loved the graphics showing the venom rushing through Bella's system.

That's all for now!
that pretty much nailed what i would of said :D
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I especially liked Stephenie's cameo at the wedding. Very well made, and I liked the music much better than Eclipse. Thank you BC for bringing back the Bella & Edward I fell in love with. They handled the imprinting and Jacob's feelings for Bella very well also...wasn't awkward or creepy feeling.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
Violet Sunlight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Violet Sunlight »

The movie was fantastically and brilliantly done. I am more than pleased with Breaking Dawn Part 1. :clap:

I can't tell you how many times tears came down my face for all the romantic and sentimental scenes. :clap:

The humor and action was done to perfection. :clap:

This movie is my favorite, so far. :clap:

Can't wait for the DVD to come out and can't wait for Part 2 to be in theatres. :clap:
Twisessed1221
Settled in Forks

Post by Twisessed1221 »

This movie far exceeded my expectations! I was so happy with the way they handled the imprinting. The part where Jacob falls to one knee was brilliant. I also LOVED the toasts that were given to Bella and Edward. Hilarious!! My absolute favorite part is when Bella is going through the transformation and they had that montage of scenes from her human life all the way back to where a young Charlie and Renee were holding baby Bella.I've got to say.......I teared up during different parts of the movie but that montage makes me cry every time!!! Waiting another year for part 2 is going to be torture. I'm so thankful to BC!!!!!
:clap:
If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time.--Edith Wharton
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

I really liked it! I loved how everything fit and even the added extra bits like the wolves fighting with the Cullens outside their house was good! I think maybe they added that bit so that the audience were not confused with how the pack was told of Jacob's imprintation on Renesmee but anyway! I thought that it shouldn't have been a 12A though although maybe the youngun's just have a better stomach than me when it comes to the bruises and the birth! BUT I APPLAUD THE MOVIE SO MUCH. :clap: :clap:
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Nice to see you here Total Twilight fan.

Yes I agree, I loved everything about it.
Banner by TammyAZ