Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Breaking Dawn: What I Wanted and Didn't Get

Post by dazzel21 »

I'm solidly Team Edward but the funny thing is I was waiting for all the Jacob blonde jokes on Rosalie. Weird. I thought it would be fun to see it.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I missed Bella & Edward going to tell Charlie they were getting married. It's a great scene in the book & I know Billy Burke would have done an amazing job in that scene (like he has in every scene he's been in throughout the other movies.)

I missed more of Seth & Leah. Seth is my favorite wolf & so I was looking forward to seeing him more.

And like others have said the Rosalie/Jacob relationship that's so funny and entertaining in the book.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Vivian
Settled in Forks

Post by Vivian »

I wouldv'e liked to see some of the reception parts....like them cutting the cake and Edward "manfully" eating his portion. And Edward carefully removing Bella's garter with his teeth and flinging it into Mike Newton's face.

Also would have liked to see the whole "She can have puppies if she wants" conversation. Rob played the part great, but I didn't really see the tortured "burning man" that I pictured.
Vivian
Settled in Forks

Post by Vivian »

I guess they couldn't really show this, but in the book when Bella is drinking blood for the first time, Jacob is thinking, "It's probably all they can do not to take the cup away from her". Edward hears his thoughts and laughs at him, rolling his eyes. I loved the parts like that, Edward hearing Jacob's sarcastic thoughts and reacting to them.
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I wanted to see Bella driving her "before" car! It would've been so funny to see embarrased Bella at the gas station!
I would've loved to see the wedding reception scene when Edward is removing Bella's garter and Emmet & Jasper are whistling at them :)! That was one of my favorite parts of the wedding!
I wanted to see more fighing going on between Rosalie and Jacob lol!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Vivian wrote:I guess they couldn't really show this, but in the book when Bella is drinking blood for the first time, Jacob is thinking, "It's probably all they can do not to take the cup away from her". Edward hears his thoughts and laughs at him, rolling his eyes. I loved the parts like that, Edward hearing Jacob's sarcastic thoughts and reacting to them.
I missed all those reactions too, but I thought it was a nice touch for Alice to ask Jasper to go for a walk as soon as the blood is decided on. My husband even thought that was funny, and I've had to explain almost everything else to him because he won't read the books...
I would have like to see them telling Charlie as well. Though I thought the scene they showed sort of nailed it, I really think Billy steals every scene he's in, mustache and all... :blush: Maybe that will be in those extras we don't get to see until 2013...

The blonde jokes with Rosalie would have been really funny, and I think Taylor and Nikki would have played those roles really well, but I think by then they were trying to draw the movie away from any lightheartedness. Those of us who knew what was coming were weighted down with knowing, but maybe it would have shown a little more how uncomfortable Jacob was in their home. And how much effort he was making to "get along" for Bella's sake.
I missed seeing how comfortable Seth was around the Cullens, in contrast to the others. I know he seemed more adamant about trying to do the right thing, but still, would have been nice to see him in the house with Bella.

The burning phase...too short in my opinion. I understood what was going on, but I think it would have been more clear if they had one or two more seconds showing her anguish again, after Edward making the comment of her being so still...I mean that was a lot of pages to skip...
Then again...maybe skipping over that part will leave more time for scenes of the cottage :swoon:
Grayce
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

GrayceM wrote:The burning phase...too short in my opinion. I understood what was going on, but I think it would have been more clear if they had one or two more seconds showing her anguish again, after Edward making the comment of her being so still...I mean that was a lot of pages to skip...
Then again...maybe skipping over that part will leave more time for scenes of the cottage :swoon:
Yeah, that phase was cut pretty short, but I think trying to portray the "burning" part was always going to be very difficult since she remained still throughout. In one way I was glad they didn't show that anguish, she had gone through so much and looked dead by the time she started her change.

I know they show the venom coursing through her before Edward left, but I didn't think they made it conclusive enough before Edward had to go outside. Maybe I missed that part. It just happened too fast, I didn't see Edward being able to experience any kind of victory or satisfaction in his saving of Bella.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Like everyone else, I too, missed the blonde jokes and Jacob/Rosalie interactions. I sincerely miss the "Fido" bowl.

I missed Esme feeling horrible after learning that Jacob, Leah and Seth were now "homeless" and started to do everything in her power to make them feel more at home in the Cullens home.

I would have liked to of seen more of the bonding between Seth and Edward that is hinted at in the books. Like when Edward made the wolves breakfast and Seth is eating that frisbee sized cinnamon roll and tells Edward he's an awesome cook.

I missed the whole burning man as described in the book. But I honestly am glad they cut the "puppies" convo out. I realize that Edward was desperate and at his lowest, but that whole part repelled me.

I'm thankful they showed Sam's pack coming to the Cullens and attacking and Jacob declaring they can't touch Renesmee because he's imprinted on her. I was wondering how they were going to handle that, because in the book they said Jacob went and talked with Sam and settled things. I, however, was disappointed there was no reaction from Edward. A hiss or a growl or something. Even the old stink eye glare. SOMETHING.

I know it's hard to relate inner conversation and it being heard on screen, but I would've loved to see the Jacob/Edward mental interactions/reactions. At the very least Jacob could mumbled it really quietly from across the room or something and being a vampire Edward heard it and chuckled or whatever, because Jacob does have a tendency to go ahead and speak aloud whatever is on his mind. So it wouldn't have been a big step out of canon.

I would have enjoyed seeing the flash/hint at in the book of when Edward was holding Renesmee while he sat at Bella's side while she transformed and was singing to the baby. Hopefully, since we didn't get to see a glimpse of that they actually show it in Pt. 2.
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!