Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Breaking Dawn: What I Wanted and Didn't Get

Post by cullengirl »

What did you expect to see in the movie but didn't get? What are some changes in the movie you didn't like? Discuss them here.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Breaking Dawn: What I Wanted and Didn't Get

Post by Brienna »

To kick it off ;)
I so wanted the scene of Edward and Bella telling Charlie they're going to get married! I didn't really expect it to be in there, but I was hoping for it!
Also, I missed the blonde jokes, but I totally get why they're not in the movie.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I agree...
I really missed the relationship between Seth, Jacob and the Cullens as it is described in the book... Seth's happy-go-lucky attitude towards the Cullens.
Also how Leah and Jacob bond more...

and what I also missed with the scene after the confrontation with Jacob at the wedding in which it's bella that has to convince Edward about the sex thing again.. you really miss how afraid he is to hurt her...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Brienna wrote:To kick it off ;)
I so wanted the scene of Edward and Bella telling Charlie they're going to get married! I didn't really expect it to be in there, but I was hoping for it!
Also, I missed the blonde jokes, but I totally get why they're not in the movie.
Yep totally agree with you Paula!! I really wanted to hear them tell Charlie, but at the same time, I am ok with how they done that in the film.

Marielle - I wanted to see more of Seth bonding too!

Also, my first viewing, I felt we didn't see enough of Bella's pain during the transformation, but after seeing it another couple times, I think maybe the way they played it was ok.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Austwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by Austwilight »

I'm another who really wanted to see them tell Charlie and the whole Cullen/wolf bonding. I would have loved to see Nikki and Taylor play those scenes, particularly the dog bowl and how Edward reacts.

But overall I was pretty happy with how it was all done
thebookworm
Wandering Through Town

Post by thebookworm »

Although I do like the scene were Edward hears Renesme (was one of my favorite scenes in the movie), I thought it was done really well and I loved it (was one of my favorite moments in the book too), I think it would have been even better to have Jacob there like in the book. This to me is a real significant turning point for Edward, Bella and Jacob's relationship triangle. I would have liked to see Jacob there and the pain and realization he felt in the book.

I wanted the bit where Edward tells Jacob she could have puppies e.t.c. Just thought that scene could have been developed a little more.

Also missed the following: Them telling Charlie they are getting married, the dog bowl and the blonde jokes. However I did not expect these to be in the movie. To show the dynamic and development between Rose and Jacob in that much detail would have taken a lot of time to do properly, so in honesty, I would rather the skip over it like they did, then do it half hearted and ruin it.

Overall, I pretty much loved the movie, best one yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Austwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by Austwilight »

I've just come back from watching it from the 2nd time. And this time I really missed the line where Bella drinks the blood for the first time and she says "my first vampire act" I think it would have fitted in perfectly especially with Jacob's reaction in the movie.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Austwilight wrote:I've just come back from watching it from the 2nd time. And this time I really missed the line where Bella drinks the blood for the first time and she says "my first vampire act" I think it would have fitted in perfectly especially with Jacob's reaction in the movie.
Defo!! This scene always makes me chuckle in the book! LOL.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I won't say how I watched it, but I wil say I really wanted to see Edward tossing Jacob after learning he imprinted on Renesmee that was shown in the trailer. It annoys me to no end that it wasn't included in the actual movie.

While watching the movie, I almost felt bored watching it to the point I wanted to fall asleep watching and possibly cry with how slow it was moving. I was almost glad that some of the things that happened in the book didn't happen on screen.
BreakingDawn[HeavenSent]
Settled in Forks

Post by BreakingDawn[HeavenSent] »

I really expected to see Bella eating dozens of eggs in a weeks time, I mean they even released a picture of it! Also I missed seeing Seth warm Bella up and Jacob's facial expression when he walks in (that would have been priceless!) Like some of you, just the full dynamic of the Cullen's, Seth and even Leah. I'm still on the fence about whether I liked the Cullen's fighting the wolves at the end, I think they really could have taken that time to show more of Bella transforming and the pain she was put through because beside from just one scream at the beginning, it really didn't show the tremendous burning at the stake pain she was going through for the full 3 days (which is another thing, if people didn't read the book ie:my husband, they would have thought she transformed that very same night, or the next day at most) And what was up with Edward leaving Bella's side to help fight with the Cullen's? Come on now, they could have done it without him, he would have never left Bella in the book! I'm being pretty negative though, I really did like the movie!