Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Breaking Dawn: Make-Up, Hair Styles, Costumes

Post by GrayceM »

thebookworm wrote: On reflection, may have been why they didn't go over board with the wedding make up, there has to be a contrast when she is a vamp.
I know! There was a guy sitting near us that obviously was dragged there by his wife/girlfriend. When she opened her eyes, he said, "She didnt have on makeup a second ago."
I knew that's where they would "end" the movie and SO many got up and left. When I go today ;) I'll tell people not to leave.
Grayce
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

With the wig they put Ashley in, she no longer looked like Alice to me. And Carlisle's hair was driving me nuts, and I wanted to cut the piece of hair that was over his forhead. And Jasper's hair could've been blonder, IMO.

Thank gawd the wolves found clothing because after seeing two movies with the walking around shirtless everytime they were in human form was annoying. Question: How the heck did Seth find an undershirt, and plaid shirt after Jacob broke from Sam's pack? And how did Jacob's pack wear different clothing after they broke from Sam's pack?

Now was it just me, or did Kristen's face after the baby was born towards the end look a lot more angular than its been pre-pregnancy?
4mejasper
Settled in Forks

Does anyone else think Eleazar looked like Barnabas Collines

Post by 4mejasper »

Does anyone else think that Eleazar looked like Barnabas Collins? I met the actor, Christian Camargo, during the autograph session and breakfast with the cast members at the November, 2011 Twilight convention in Los Angeles. When I saw Breaking Dawn, I kept thinking he looked familiar. Then it hit me - he looks like Barnabas Collins from Dark Shadows! Does anyone know if this was done deliberately?
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I wish the hairstyles would have been like Twilight. For me my favorite hair (especially for the Cullens) has been in Twilight.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
roolouise
Settled in Forks

Post by roolouise »

I loved that all of the female family members were wearing shades of purple (including Renee). I thought it was a nice touch. Kind of took me back to Twilight (the movie) when Charlie bought bella the purple bed linen. "Purples cool".

Otherwise the outfits were great. LOVED what Bella and Edward were wearing when they left the wedding. That shot of them in Rio and then the shot of Edward lifting the bags into the boat. I don't know what it is but the shot of his arms in that shirt made took my breath away! Damn.

Only thing I didn't like was Carlisle and Rosalie's hair. :?
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Okay putting up something that will probably kill me...
I saw Jackson with his band last friday, and I can't stop thinking that I rather had that they had an alteration from the book and ditched Jasper's wig... Jackson looks so much better with his natural hair, and the essence of a vampire is looking good... the blond wig is only taking that away from him...
they made so many changes that I didn't like, but if they made Jasper with black hair I would be completely agreeing...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I would have to agree with you on that one. He's wonderful with his natural hair color, but then again, Jasper didn't smile much and Jackson's face just lights up when he smiles. I think the only reason they had him blonde is that he and Rosalie are supposed to be posing as twins, in the book. But since they never mention their last names in the movie, it shouldn't have been a big deal to change that aspect either...just my opinion though.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

I just realized today why the scenes with Bella and Edward at the waterfall bother me so much. Bella in a white bikini... It did nothing to flatter Kristen. And...they look like the water is cold. Maybe because they didn't have them in the sun...
Not quite sure what it is, but the more I look at the pictures, the worse it looks.
...going back to work now... :blush:
Grayce