Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Breaking Dawn: Make-Up, Hair Styles, Costumes

Post by cullengirl »

A place to discuss the hair styles, make-up, wigs, clothes, costumes, etc. in Breaking Dawn.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Breaking Dawn: Make-Up, Hair Styles, Costumes

Post by Brienna »

I was expecting worse, judging the pictures released... But I thought over all they all looked quite good.

I found the Denali clan 'too much'. Yes, they are supposed to be beautiful, but they were over the top for me.
I didn't like Carlisle's hair. And I thought Jasper could've looked better, but at least it wasn't awful ;)

I totally loved how Bella and Edward looked! Bella becoming worse and worse was really done well!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

OMG, they totally screwed up Carlisle's hair... I understand that it doens't look as good as it normally does because he also feels the stress from Bella's sickness...but this... gods... how could they do that!!

and in the additional scene... Felix looked off...

I loved loved loved the wedding dress....and later when Bella got sick. it was done perfectly...

an other big bonus was that the wolves were finally wearing shirts!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

:lol: Marielle

I agree with you on the dress! But I also agree with someone else who wrote somewhere on the forum, that Bella could've been even more beautiful/stunning at the wedding. Yes, she was beautiful, but I feel she could've been absolutely stunning...
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

marielle wrote:an other big bonus was that the wolves were finally wearing shirts!!!
Hahahahaha!! A very good point Marielle ;)

I agree with you all - the majority of the wigs are horrible!! Espeically Carlisle's... Why couldn't they go back to how it was in Twilight?! Also didn't like Emmett's hair, but I thought Jasper's was ok, and I quite liked Rosalie's!

Bella & Edward looked perfect - both of them were stunning at the wedding (I absolutely LOVED the dress!!) - and they had great styling for honeymoon etc. Sick Bella was very believable!

I really didn't like the Denali clan - their contacts were too obvious! Carmen & Elezar (sp?) looked really good though! I also liked what all the humans were wearing!

Renee & Charlie looked great at the wedding! And I really liked Alice & Rose's dresses too!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Bella being sick and wasting away was excellent...made me cringe when she lowered her robe. The Denali coven scared me honestly...their contacts were much like Esme's in New Moon. Frightening and made them look unreal. They would never blend in with any humans.
The wedding was stunning. Edward was extraordinary and Bella so beautiful. Her contacts looked better than all the other movies.
I didn't much care for any hair changes, Carlisle or Jasper's but jasper's was worse in New Moon.
I wonder if Charlie is going to shave off his mustache in Part 2...?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

GrayceM wrote:and Bella so beautiful. Her contacts looked better than all the other movies.
Actually, that's a really good point! I agree, you couldn't tell at any point that she was wearing contacts, where as in the previous movies, there is a scene or 2 that her eyes sometimes looked a bit "off". Beautiful indeed! :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

GrayceM wrote:Bella so beautiful. Her contacts looked better than all the other movies
I thought I saw something different with her eyes. Maybe they did use other contacts... it sure was noticable...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
mandys23
Settled in Forks

Post by mandys23 »

Does anybody know where I can find Bella's blue dress from the final scene in breaking dawn?? I'm obsessed.
thebookworm
Wandering Through Town

Post by thebookworm »

I was scared about some of the make up from the trailers, but it came out much better in the movie! Overall I thought the make up was good (exception was the Denali's,they were a tad over the top).

Thought Kristen as she got sick was amazing, I know it was CGI and not makeup, but it was exactly as I pictured her when I read the book! It was truly horrific, brilliant! However, I did state in my initial reaction that I thought they could have made more effort with her make up on the wedding day. I loved the dress though,it was stunning! The bit at the end! What a stunning vamp she is going to be, I can't wait, one of the bits I am most excited about is watching Bella as a vampire! Squeal!!!! On reflection, may have been why they didn't go over board with the wedding make up, there has to be a contrast when she is a vamp.

Hated Emmett's hair and Carlisle's hair, but thought Alice was the best she had looked in all the movies. Liked Jasper, Esme (hated Esme's styling in Eclipse!) and Rosalie. Thought they all looked great!

Edward, ohhh Edward, the man is beautiful. I thought he was well styled and his make up looked right. I was a bit worried from some of the clips, but it came over so much better in the movie.

Jacob, his styling was great, sowed a more grown up side and this related as he does mature in this book. I actually liked that the pack had more clothes on! He looked very handsome in the movie (although I cringe saying it, cause I am totally team Edward, and Rob is HOT!!! LOL)

Overall, I was impressed!