Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Missing Lines

Post by cullengirl »

There are always changes when a book becomes a movie. Are there lines from the book that you would have loved to have seen in the movie but weren't included? Where would you have put them in the movie?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Missing Lines

Post by openfire »

I kinda wished they had left in the "why am I covered in feathers?" comment. One of the best lines in BD the book I think! But since he wasn't actually in bed with her in the morning of the film, it wouldn't have worked - the look on her face says it though LOL.

I also kind of missed the banter between Jake & Rosalie!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I agree with Openfire. Really missed the feather line and the blonde jokes. Also, really would have liked to hear the chromosome explained...Carlisle talking to Jacob and how he was fascinated by their "species". Overall, really enjoyed it!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Yep, the only line I truly missed was the covered in feathers one.. The rest I didn't miss or could live with ;)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

me too....

and indeed Carlisle's and Jacob's conversation...it would have been nice to have that one...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Actually, I also kinda missed the whole Bella eating lots of eggs! Maybe not a line exactly, but I liked that part of the book!
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

I thought of another...but I'm sort of on the fence about it. Edward's talk with Jacob after they first get home. Edward basically asks Jacob to try to talk her into getting rid of this "thing" killing her and making the offer of another. "She can have puppies, if that's what it takes.". Keeping it out of the movie made Jacob's presence at the house less awkward but for reading...I sort of liked that Edward was willing to give her absolutely anything she wants to keep her safe, happy and healthy.

"You've been trying to keep up with the supernatural for too long. No normal person can do it. You're not strong enough."

"My first vampire act."

"No one will dare to call you plain when I'm through with you."

Edward explaining to Bella that he spoke to Carlisle and his brothers about what to expect on the wedding night! :blush:
Grayce
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

GrayceM wrote:"My first vampire act."
Actually, I loved the whole part when Bella spoke about if drinking the blood would ruin her "score" for when she is a vampire! I really enjoyed that conversation & learning about what everyone's numbers are... Maybe a bit too wordy for the movie, but still!

And also, about my eggs comment above - there is a still that was released before the movie of Bella eating an omlette for breakfast one morning on Isle Esme - so there were eggs!! Hopefully it will be on the dvd!! :)
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

openfire wrote:And also, about my eggs comment above - there is a still that was released before the movie of Bella eating an omlette for breakfast one morning on Isle Esme - so there were eggs!! Hopefully it will be on the dvd!! :)
I know! I thought for sure that would be there since Kristen is a vegetarian. Showing her eat chicken was like...no wonder she got sick. :roll: The vivid dreams, except the one; the sleeping a lot, except the second attempt at seduction in the blue nighty where she's instantly asleep after hitting the bed; they hardly had any lead up... But then I suppose it was easier for me since I knew what was coming. Surprising how many in the theater didn't know the story. :?

But I'm also realizing there are things on every trailer that weren't in the movie...they must know they need a LOT of DVD extras on this one, if not both. I want more than the few scenes on Eclipse...

Grayce
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I agree w/what others have said about the feathers line.

I also missed when Bella & Edward are in the water their first night when Bella says something like, Don't worry we belong together.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson