Discussion of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 1

Moderators: December, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Breaking Dawn: Special Effects

Post by cullengirl »

What did you think of the special effects in Breaking Dawn? Are the effects getting better as the movies are going along? Any specific aspect of the special effects that you really like?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Breaking Dawn: Special Effects

Post by Susie »

PROS -

EMACIATED BELLA WAS DONE SO CONVINCINGLY.

LOVED THE GRAPHICS OF THE VENOM RUSHING THROUGH BELLA'S CIRCULATORY SYSTEM!!!

LOVED THE WAY THEY SHOWED THE BROKEN BELLA BEING HEALED AND BROUGHT BACK TO HEALTH AT THE END OF HER TRANSFORMATION.

CONS -

DID NOT LIKE THE LOOK OF THE BLOOD IN THE DELIVERY SCENE - KETCHUP ON THE NEWBORN RENEESME AND EDWARD'S MOUTH? I thought they could do better than that.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Susie - Totally agree about your pros! Bella looked sooooo ill!! Very believable! I also liked the venom & transformation graphics. The blood didn't bother me too much actually; I never think blood looks that great in movies so think they done a good job!

I also thought the wolves were getting better & better! I really liked when Jake was running back to them after seeing pregnant Bella for the first time, seeing his thoughts & hearing the wolves... before it went all cheesy... But considering how that scene could have turned out, it was good!

So much stuff I loved!! Eeeekk!! :D :D :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I'm sort of annoyed that my sister pointed this out to me; but, where was the sparkling when they were hiking or at the waterfall? Or would there not be enough sun where they were...in the jungle...but still, a.tropical island...come on...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

GrayceM wrote:I'm sort of annoyed that my sister pointed this out to me; but, where was the sparkling when they were hiking or at the waterfall? Or would there not be enough sun where they were...in the jungle...but still, a.tropical island...come on...

Well, perhaps the water minimizes the sparkle?
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I think I recalled reading that it rained like all but the first day they were filming...I know they had more CGI than most movies with this but a little sparkle on Edward wouldn't have hurt my feelings at all.
Overall I was pleased with most of it, and I've tried not to read the "things wrong with the movie" posts. Once I see something like that I can't keep from noticing other things...
Still was a great movie!!!

Grayce
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

GrayceM wrote:I'm sort of annoyed that my sister pointed this out to me; but, where was the sparkling when they were hiking or at the waterfall? Or would there not be enough sun where they were...in the jungle...but still, a.tropical island...come on...

Rob has already spoiled that one for us so i wasn't really surprised... he said something in the lines of, the sparkling was kept out to make it all a bit more real.... or at least he said that Bill had a good excuse...though I did miss it a bit...

with my first viewing I hated the way they made Renesmee look immediately after the birth, in the book she is described with more hair to start with, Bella was able to clearly see curls... but the eyes I didn't like but with the second viewing I realized there isn't a better way to show it...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

marielle wrote:
Rob has already spoiled that one for us so i wasn't really surprised... he said something in the lines of, the sparkling was kept out to make it all a bit more real.... or at least he said that Bill had a good excuse...though I did miss it a bit...
You know, I didn't even really notice the lack of sparkling!! Whoops... I do remember Rob saying that Edward wouldn't sparkle in Brazil but I can't remember the reason either...
I can't believe I didn't notice! Guess I was too caught up in all the other stuff happening... LOL.
marielle wrote:with my first viewing I hated the way they made Renesmee look immediately after the birth, in the book she is described with more hair to start with, Bella was able to clearly see curls... but the eyes I didn't like but with the second viewing I realized there isn't a better way to show it...
I was watching an interview last week with Rob (can't remember which one though sorry!) where he was talking about that they tried to put a wig on the baby, but she kept pulling if off :lol: So guess that's why the baby doesn't have any curls!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Hopefully in part 2 they'll be able to find a way to add the curls Renesmee. She needs those curls.

Overall I was impressed w/the special effects. The part that surprised me most that I loved was showing the venom going through Bella's system and healing her body inside & out. And how they made scary skinny Bella was also so dang good and believeable.

Anyone know what Kristen had to drink for the blood? I'm just curious.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson