The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

A discussion of the novella The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Post by bored by the sea »

GOT IT!!1!!! YEEAAAHH!! i hit up the bookstore literally 5 mins after it opened right im off to read it shortly ( after dr who :lol: ) soo then ill be back to post my thoughts!! whoop!
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

... I finished it! :)

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I loved it.......loved it loved it loved,.....

can we discus this yet????

ok Spoiler warning

I can't believe how sad the whole story was... reading about her falling in love when you know she's going to die...

and Carlisle rocks even in this story, how he stops his attack on her....how he offers her a chance....ooh man it made me cry....
and when she realised Diego was dead......oooh man...that was the worst....
I can't believe SM killed them both.... in the end it was probably more fair to have them both dead because if one survives it would be so sad...
and Riley...he makes me even more angry.......
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

I got up really early to get it, there were hardly any left! Gah, got it though. Never let it ou my side *thew*

Anyway, my thoughts. SPOLIER WARNING.

I cannot believe that Stephenie made me care for Bree and Diego that much, even though I knew what was going to happen in the end. For Bree to find someone that could relate to herself, and fall in love- AND I LOVED THE BIT WHERE THEY DISCOVERED THEY SPARKLED- and work it all out together. To find out that Diego had been dead for ages was heartbreaking, and made me cry. I wondered why Bree gave up- she was a good person, it was such a shame. Carlisle, offering her the chance that no one would ever give her in reality. Its reall a shame that she had to die.

The Volturi, gah, they are badder then i thought- how dare they just not really care if they won against the Cullens. And Riley was much more bad tempered then I imagined.

I want to see Fred in the future, his gift was interesting, and as she told Edward, I think that one day they will find him.
Or maybe Fred was in the Volturi crowd at the BD fight and no one saw :D

Best Novella ever. I loved it, thanks Stephenie.
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
edwardobsessed
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardobsessed »

I thought that it was ok, I did enjoy the read but thought that it was lacking in some places. Does make you think about a few people differently than I did before!

Megan AKA The Edward Obsessed Twilight Freak
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

edwardobsessed wrote:I thought that it was ok, I did enjoy the read but thought that it was lacking in some places. Does make you think about a few people differently than I did before!
I know what you mean..... for my feelings she could have written a 500 pages book, there was lots to tell aboutthe new born army
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

I think maybe it's time to lock this thread, and move our discussions of the actual book to the new threads in this forum. Unless anyone has a reason they want it left open? (If so pm me!)
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”