A discussion of the novella The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Review Time: The I Am in the Middle About Bree Tanner Thread

Post by Pel »

Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Here's where you can meet up with fellow fans who were in the middle about the story and add your middle of the road review.
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Review Time: The I Am in the Middle About Bree Tanner Th

Post by misskiley »

Being as the book has been out for 5 days and noone has posted anything on here,.. I thought I'd comment.

I do feel somewhat in the middle about this book. I do love the fact that SM has given us more Twilight, but I do feel kind of iffy about the whole Volturi coming secretly to see Victoria. In Eclipse, it does hint somewhat that maybe something more had happened,.. but I feel this was something the Voltrui wouldn't have done. And if Edward knew,.. why didn't he say anything afterwards?!?!
Also the other thing that kinda bothered me was how tame the Newborns seemed. It just felt the Cullens hyped up the whole newborn thing way more than it was. I was under the impression they were going to be very very wild and crazy,.. not able to be contained in a basement with only the occasional fight between themselves. Not able to sit aroud and read or play videogames. And also, Bree was getting feelings towards Diego after 3 months,.. Anyways, the newborns were definitely not what I expected at all.

I guess I just needed to get that off my chest,.. I'm sure after another reading or two I'll be switching over to the love part lol
Italiahaircolor
Settled in Forks

Post by Italiahaircolor »

I was also very much in the middle.

Like you, I loved that SM gave us another nugget of Twilight life...and for that I am grateful. However, this book did-in some ways-let me down.

First of all, I was stunned by the inconsistencies. Eclipse does a beautiful job of highlighting the crisis in Seattle. Talking about the people and it is also the first seed of fear planted in Bella's mind...she officially fears becoming a monster who will stalk and kill innocent people, creating the headlines. While in the Bree Tanner book, SM makes an issue of the newborns only feeding on the dredges of life, the ones no one would miss...well, until the ferryboat that is. So either hid was covert, or misstep, I don't know but it threw me.

Outside if that, i got it. We all pretty much hate the newborns. But SM turned the mirror on that to show the innocence behind what was happening the horror stories we read...that these too were victims of Victoria and her bloodlust.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Melody
Learning to Love Green

Post by Melody »

Italiahaircolor wrote:I was also very much in the middle.

Like you, I loved that SM gave us another nugget of Twilight life...and for that I am grateful. However, this book did-in some ways-let me down.

First of all, I was stunned by the inconsistencies. Eclipse does a beautiful job of highlighting the crisis in Seattle. Talking about the people and it is also the first seed of fear planted in Bella's mind...she officially fears becoming a monster who will stalk and kill innocent people, creating the headlines. While in the Bree Tanner book, SM makes an issue of the newborns only feeding on the dredges of life, the ones no one would miss...well, until the ferryboat that is. So either hid was covert, or misstep, I don't know but it threw me.

Outside if that, i got it. We all pretty much hate the newborns. But SM turned the mirror on that to show the innocence behind what was happening the horror stories we read...that these too were victims of Victoria and her bloodlust.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

I agree that it gave us an alternate view of the newborns. I also was a but confused at why the "dregs" would be in the newspapers and on TV. Inconsistencies anger me ! Grr! lol

Team Edward - because real men sparkle ;)
Trainee in "Emmetts Demolition Crew"
Uushia
Settled in Forks

Post by Uushia »

Middle of the Road. I enjoyed the short story but I agree that it was too rushed. The romance was fast for Bree and the "dregs" irritated me a little bit. However Bree mentions alot how Riley is yelling at the others for screwing up so much. The screw-ups are what I take is in the paper. Humans never figured out what was happening because dregs going missing isn't as noticable as a mother or policeman. If a dozen normal citizen were taken nightly then the news would be an epidemic, so I get it. I don't hate the newborns. I just think they're idiots for following/believing Riley's final lie. It's so pulled out of a you=now-what that I don't see why no one caught on.
Team Aro ---Team Volturi