Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Discrepancies

Post by The girlie-wolf »

ringswraith wrote:
Only if you assume that she created them after leading Edward on a wild goose chase.

She could have created either one prior to that event.
But the only place that she could get the idea, like Bella said when she explained to Edward her theory, is when Edward tracked her to Texas. And it makes sense because before she created an army she always striked the same way. Like Bella said, she was predictable. And her "strikes" were months before the problems in Seattle started...
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

True. But what's stopping her from making new "friends" anyway? I mean she did lose the other members of her coven.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

That's true also and Laurent helped her in the middle so he could have helped... If she wanted a new partner, she changed Reily, and this makes sense. But why Deigo? He is 11 months old.... it's already 2. And I guess that there were more.
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Knives
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Knives »

Alright, I've said it before, and I'll say it again - in a world containing intelligent twi-pires, "modern earth" would not exist.

Let us assume, just for a moment, that Twi-pires came into existence shortly before the Inquisition, since the Voulturii remember those guys. What medieval weapon could possibly pose a threat to them? None. What force of arms could overcome one? None. Vampires were truly invincible.

This leads to the next statement - it's easier to farm than it is to hunt.

If the Big Vs were to act as intelligent as we're expected to believe they are, vampires would rule the world, openly, and without fear. Humans would be food, slaves, and fodder, not allowed near true technology. Promising mortals can be turned into vampires; rebellious mortals can be hunted down. After all, Twi-pires don't need to rest, drink, or stop for any reason short of their total destruction. Human beings have to eat, drink, sleep, avoid injury and still manage to throw off pursuit by beings with super-senses, confirmed telepaths and confirmed precognitives - beings which have forever with which to chase them, at speeds humans cannot match, with a dozen other advantages that merely add insult to injury.

Which is why, earlier, I was getting annoyed by the various statements that the Volturii were smart to hide. Hiding was the dumbest move they could have made. Why let your enemy get strong when you can conquer them?
Openhome wrote:Knives, I believe that..
wait for it...
you are right.
andypalmer
Learning to Love Green

Post by andypalmer »

Knives. Which is why I contest that they can be harmed by humans more than we suspect and are far more susceptible to fire than we suspect. Greek fire has been around a long time.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Ah, but how to douse a vampire with Greek fire?

And Knives- that would perhaps be plausible if there were enough vampires to monitor the entire world. As someone said earlier, humans are an ingenious lot, and nothing pulls people together like a crisis.

I don't think the Volturi (as a collective) were as large as they are now way back then- perhaps there were only the three Volturi and their wives. Hardly enough to subjugate a planet. They too had to go through a period of coming to terms with what they are, finding a place for themselves, and all.
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Also, there aren't a huge amount of vampires to begin with. The Volturi must have a huge feeding ground, with all their connections, and they'd want to keep it that way. Even with their current numbers, "farming" humans in the way that's been suggested would limit them to a certain area and a smaller discrepancies in flavor (I assume different countries taste different, like in The BFG). Also, with that many humans collected together and the Volturi's resouces concentrated on keeping them contained would cause them to not be able to maintain their control on the rest of the world.

Their choices were basically either keeping a large stock of humans for them to feed on entirely in their control, or ruling the vampire world, of which they vampires as the only important things worth noticing and being held in awe by. It was a matter of where they wanted their power to rest, on their food or on their subjects.
AyaDiefair

Post by AyaDiefair »

Wow, a lot of information are within these 10 pages. I was going to put my $.02 in but I got caught up in readin all the pages and now I am sleepy. I will have to hop on here tomorrow and comment. Just mianly commenting to get it in my que so I can refer back here. I am having some trouble remember where certain threads are if I don't 'tag' them in a way with a comment or something.

Very interesting stuff here, I can't wait to put input in on everyones ideas/theories.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
Knives

Post by Knives »

dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:Also, there aren't a huge amount of vampires to begin with. The Volturi must have a huge feeding ground, with all their connections, and they'd want to keep it that way. Even with their current numbers, "farming" humans in the way that's been suggested would limit them to a certain area and a smaller discrepancies in flavor (I assume different countries taste different, like in The BFG). Also, with that many humans collected together and the Volturi's resouces concentrated on keeping them contained would cause them to not be able to maintain their control on the rest of the world.

Their choices were basically either keeping a large stock of humans for them to feed on entirely in their control, or ruling the vampire world, of which they vampires as the only important things worth noticing and being held in awe by. It was a matter of where they wanted their power to rest, on their food or on their subjects.
Not necessarily true; you forget the ease at which Twi-Pires reproduce. If the Volturii created enough spawn, they could have overrun the medieval world - for that matter, with enough subtlety, they could probably pull off the modern world while they were at it. But during the time of the Inquisition, there wouldn't be any resistance. All attempts to fight the vampires or flee them would be doomed to failure.

And, Mr. Palmer, Greek Fire has several problems with practical application. Its throwers are large and clumsy, requiring ships or fortifications to mount them on. Not to mention that you'd need to pry the recipie from Araby's cold, dead hands - and then decode it from a cipher that includes a number Europe hadn't even conceived of at the time (zero). Best of luck. Hope the resistance dies well, since it'll be futile.
Openhome wrote:Knives, I believe that..
wait for it...
you are right.
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Knives wrote:Hope the resistance dies well, since it'll be futile.

hahahahaha. Welcome back!

And btw, I'm still waiting for you to admire my skill in tracking down that "like diamond only harder" quotation for you.... (*grin*)
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”